Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Warrior011

gotta love it when your laptop decides to start going into standby every 10 minutes, 2 days before exams begin :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ineedaflash

Wednesday is only two days away. ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

3 exams down... 6 more to go.

Gah =/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Warrior011 wrote: »
    you gotta love making your way out to tallaght for a tutorial, only to be the only studnet who shows up for it and the tutor says "ok, look over the slides yourself and ring me if you have any issues" - about 2 hours wasted and luas fare:mad:
    you gotta love running out of paper while in the middle of printing out notes :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    gotta love it when your laptop decides to start going into standby every 10 minutes, 2 days before exams begin :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I don't HAVE to love any of those things, and I think you should re-evaluate your relationship with love and hate. Those things seem bad. I'm really confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Warrior011

bythewoods wrote: »
    I don't HAVE to love any of those things, and I think you should re-evaluate your relationship with love and hate. Those things seem bad. I'm really confused.

yeah, probably should do that alright :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Lost my student card. Grrrrr. What should I bring into exam instead??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

4 of 6 exams this week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

zam wrote: »
    Another form of photo ID should be ok. G'luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Rhadamanthus

zam wrote: »

I heard invigilators at one of my exam centres say that you had to have a student card "or some form of valid ID" on the desk in front of you. I'm supposing that means that if you're really stuck something like a passport would do, perhaps?

On the other hand, nothing about alternatives to student ID is mentioned in the Exam Guidelines, so I'm guessing that leaves you to the discretion of an invigilator at best. Trying to find your student ID if at all possible seems like the safest bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

You can get your exam number (they change every year) under the Student Information System part of the ISS Portal http://isservices.tcd.ie/portal/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Last exam tomorrow. Really couldn't be bothered with it if I'm honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Jammyc wrote: »
    Last exam tomorrow. Really couldn't be bothered with it if I'm honest.

What year are you in?

Larianne wrote: »
    What year are you in?
    I'm only a Junior Soph, so these marks count for 10% of my final mark. I should still do alright anyway.
    Why dyou ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Jammyc wrote: »
    I'm only a Junior Soph, so these marks count for 10% of my final mark. I should still do alright anyway.
    Why dyou ask?

I think when you're in 3rd year you get like that. I know I did this year and others on different courses! It's like "Hurry up and let it be Final Year already!".

Good Luck tomorrow.

Moan: Wish the weather would make up its mind!! :mad:

I'm not sure whether it's a reflection on me or my lecturer when I rely on Sparknotes and Cliffsnotes for preparation two nights before an exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I had lost the will to care by my last exam in 3rd year (though, my exams went on for the full 4 weeks of the exam period so this might have been a factor). The same thing happened to me during my Leaving Cert as well though (applied maths), so I'm predicting something similar during my finals. There is only a finite amount of "care" a person can have, really...

I had lost the will to care by my last exam in 3rd year (though, my exams went on for the full 4 weeks of the exam period so this might have been a factor). The same thing happened to me during my Leaving Cert as well though (applied maths), so I'm predicting something similar during my finals. There is only a finite amount of "care" a person can have, really...
    Great to hear I'm not the only one. Its odd, I've always wanted to do really well but now its just like, meh, I know I'll pass!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I forgot to be studious and well-prepared for exams again. D'OH.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RedFFWolf

I'm sort of finding this lack of care in the run up to my exams too, (I also being JS). First one starts tomorrow, then five more with the last one on the 23rd. Worse of all, this year is worth 40% of my overall degree, (these exams are worth a total of 20% of my overall degree) and I worked harder the last two useless years :(
    Maybe it'll pick up after I finish the first tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

A Neurotic wrote: »
    I forgot to be studious and well-prepared for exams again. D'OH.
    "I'll study properly next year. This is a nightmare, I don't want to end up like this again."

I don't how many times i've said that in my life. Equally, I don't know how many times i've failed to keep to that plan :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I have over two weeks off before my last exam now (3rd year too). Finding it really hard to stay motivated and study for something that's that far away... but I know the few days before I'll be complaining about how I should have done more beforehand!

I think it's the whole just-missing-out-on-Schols-for-the-second-time experience that's putting me off. I know that if I work really hard, I'll probably get 68/69, when I can do much less work and get 60, which is still the same grade at the end of the day. The language depts very rarely give 70 (I've got it a couple of times though) so I'm kind of disillusioned with them - why bother doing a load more work to get from 60 to 68?!

/rant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Metabolism is such a bitch to study for, I've got two exams tomorrow but this one is taking up all my time. I've probably fail both at this rate.

Lawliet wrote: »
    Metabolism is such a bitch to study for, I've got two exams tomorrow but this one is taking up all my time. I've probably fail both at this rate.
    I think the other 2nd year exam tomorrow is Evolution? If so, I only really knew the basic concept of Evolution going into that exam and I don't think I really knew any examples and I did alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Lawliet wrote: »

I'm the same, feeling so unprepared for both exams tomorrow and for Genetics on Thursday! :eek: It would help if the notes that I've studied would actually stay in my head.. So much to cram, so little time :/

This is probably the most department-specific question but in your experience of being able to build up marks throughout the year on essays and tests, has it been necessary to pass the annual exam? We're talking JF economics here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

People who stay in the 24 hour room from 9am until 10PM at night..... then leave.... seriously, whats the point? I wanted a place to go, checked every time I left the library and there was no seats. Show up at half 9, place is half empty... Whats wrong with the library?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

Groinshot wrote: »
    People who stay in the 24 hour room from 9am until 10PM at night..... then leave.... seriously, whats the point? I wanted a place to go, checked every time I left the library and there was no seats. Show up at half 9, place is half empty... Whats wrong with the library?

Quicker access I guess, but I see your point. They might arrive before 9am also.

I liked to stay til around 10.30-11 but I suppose it's also easier access as mentioned above, and easier to bring coffee etc into. Not that I was ever bothered to go get coffee!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Were both library and 24 hour study space full at the time? If not, why is this a problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Disaster of an exam today, couldn't answer any of the essays given : / Everyone seemed to think it was easy enough so I must have just been unlucky.

Six down, three to go.. hoping it can only get better!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement