Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RedFFWolf

Hollzy wrote: »
    There are simply no words for how badly studying for schols is going right now >.<

Don't feel disheartened, I managed to attain 66% in Schols last year when I started studying from Dec. 27th till they ended Jan. 13th, and I was in my JS year meaning I had to learn new stuff too from the previous years I was not in :)

Get cracking now and you still have a good chance once you're organised or get yourself organised! Good thing to not be burning yourself out too soon either!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Hollzy

Thanks, that does make me feel better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Head colds and flu doing the rounds... Thought I had escaped the second half of the semester without becoming a sniffling and coughing mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Sgro

didn't want to make a new thread - can someone give me a good place to plug in a laptop/do some work? I've been in the Hamilton Lib which is great with the plug sockets everywhere but as a lowly Arts student I'd rather stay in Arts Block. Only ever really been in Lecky, pretty much no plugs. Does the Ussher or Berkeley have plugs everywhere like the Hamilton?

Sgro wrote: »
    didn't want to make a new thread - can someone give me a good place to plug in a laptop/do some work? I've been in the Hamilton Lib which is great with the plug sockets everywhere but as a lowly Arts student I'd rather stay in Arts Block. Only ever really been in Lecky, pretty much no plugs. Does the Ussher or Berkeley have plugs everywhere like the Hamilton?

Ussher has the best plugs situation, Hamilton ones are awkward for mac users

• Advertisement

bscm wrote: »

Nice one thanks.
    Only in 1st year so forgive my ignorance, how do I get to the Ussher? I know the Berkeley is the one that has the golden globe outside yeah?

Sgro wrote: »
    Nice one thanks.
    Only in 1st year so forgive my ignorance, how do I get to the Ussher? I know the Berkeley is the one that has the golden globe outside yeah?

Through the main entrance of the Berkeley at the globe, down the stairs, straight ahead through the seating pod area thing, Lecky will be on your right, and the entrance to the Ussher should be in front of you. Pick a floor, but be warned it can be a bit noisy if there's a game on outside.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Work email is acting the maggot.

Through the main entrance of the Berkeley at the globe, down the stairs, straight ahead through the seating pod area thing, Lecky will be on your right, and the entrance to the Ussher should be in front of you. Pick a floor, but be warned it can be a bit noisy if there's a game on outside.

Thanks!
    Dyou mean a game on the Cricket Pitch? Never even seen one on there actually?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Liveforrugby

fckin exams, thought all this bs was done with the Lc, ffs class all secretive and competitive, fuuuuarrkkk!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

I'm able to charge my mac everyday in the Hamilton! You just use the longer power cable instead!

Scortho wrote: »
    I'm able to charge my mac everyday in the Hamilton! You just use the longer power cable instead!

My longer cable is new and too rigid at the plug to fit into the socket, keeps trying to gouge out the desk whenever I try to use it (I gave up a while ago).

On a separate note, Hamilton library seems to be getting progressively worse by the day. I spotted people watching 90210, Love/Hate and Elf in there today when it was fairly busy. Loads of saved desks and no-one enforcing the 'moving-of-stuff rule' despite people not turning up for 30+ minutes (record was just over an hour, the girl coming back with bags from Pull and Bear)...

Staff don't seem to be doing anything about it either, several people have complained about noise levels and the clear seat-saving situation, but I've never seen any staff member reprimand people other than the odd sleeper.

I've been in the Hamilton library a lot lately, and I do tend to take over two places but because I genuinely have a lot of stuff and there are always loads of seats... I sit upstairs, maybe there are less people up here.

My longer cable is new and too rigid at the plug to fit into the socket, keeps trying to gouge out the desk whenever I try to use it (I gave up a while ago).

On a separate note, Hamilton library seems to be getting progressively worse by the day. I spotted people watching 90210, Love/Hate and Elf in there today when it was fairly busy. Loads of saved desks and no-one enforcing the 'moving-of-stuff rule' despite people not turning up for 30+ minutes (record was just over an hour, the girl coming back with bags from Pull and Bear)...

Staff don't seem to be doing anything about it either, several people have complained about noise levels and the clear seat-saving situation, but I've never seen any staff member reprimand people other than the odd sleeper.

A play around with it would yea!:D

This I've noticed as well however I've never been in the hamilton library and unable to get a seat! Except the 3 weeks before exams. The reason why most of us take up so much seats is because theres rarely a time when a person is sitting right next to you.
    If you do leave however you should really be taking your stuff alright!

Scortho wrote: »
    A play around with it would yea!:D
    If you do leave however you should really be taking your stuff alright!

Yeah, definitely. Like if you're just going to be gone for under the half hour, that's grand. When you spend long periods of time in there you need that break to go to the bathroom or grab a sandwich. But what bscm said about that girl going off for an hour and coming back with shopping bags is absolutely ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I'm in my final year now and when I go back to the Hamilton to study I won't give a flying fuk about other peoples stuff. If they have obviously have fuked off out for a bit or clearly hogging two desks, their shít will be moved. And as for people talking, they'll be getting told to STFU! I'm in Trinity long enough to know the librarians won't do anything.

I'll be in there next week. Y'all watch out for me!! :D

I'm a little afraid already :P

Larianne wrote: »
    I'm in my final year now and when I go back to the Hamilton to study I won't give a flying fuk about other peoples stuff. If they have obviously have fuked off out for a bit or clearly hogging two desks, their shít will be moved. And as for people talking, they'll be getting told to STFU! I'm in Trinity long enough to know the librarians won't do anything.

I'll be in there next week. Y'all watch out for me!! :D

but but but we're off next week!

Actually I hope you sit near me. These people won't shut up! >:( I don't understand why people are in the library until this late if they're doing absolutely nothing but continuously talk to each other quite loudly.

Actually I hope you sit near me. These people won't shut up! >:( I don't understand why people are in the library until this late if they're doing absolutely nothing but continuously talk to each other quite loudly.

Phone calls are also bad :( When you can't hear the other half of the conversation, your brain seems to be more interested in what did she do afterwards instead of learning how to derive cyclic relations

• Advertisement

Someone answered their phone behind me in Goldsmith once and spoke at a pretty normal volume. He's lucky to still be alive :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Actually I hope you sit near me.
    Me too.

I am the master of dirty looks at the moment, never been very good at shushing people. Looking forward to my library time next week, hopefully most people will be gone.

My glare is pretty ferocious but I never shush people either. The Hamilton is only open until five next week isn't it? Does that mean it'll be very busy in the 24 hour after that time?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Never really had an issue studying in the Ussher basement. A bit cold, but quiet and no muppetry.

Work email is still down, ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Hearing stuff like that about the library makes me really glad we have a common room to work in.

Slept through alarm and missed an appointment... had to reschedule getting a filling :( Now for 5 more days of being told dentist horror stories again

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

What's going on with the log in system to the library. Password didn't work yesterday but after about 7 tries I could log in.

Today? Not a hope. FFS!!!!!!!!! :mad:

I'm having the same problem. It's driving me mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

What happened to all the spotted in tcd fb pages? They certainly provided the laughs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

MrPain wrote: »
    What happened to all the spotted in tcd fb pages? They certainly provided the laughs.
    Might have been because the Spotted pages in general were getting creepy and abusive.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement