Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Warrior011

you gotta love making your way out to tallaght for a tutorial, only to be the only studnet who shows up for it and the tutor says "ok, look over the slides yourself and ring me if you have any issues" - about 2 hours wasted and luas fare:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Warrior011

you gotta love running out of paper while in the middle of printing out notes :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Did IS Services shut down the @TCDISServices parody twitter account? Poor show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Decided to stay at home to study today but ended up doing absolutely nothing instead.. exams start in three days, not sure what I was thinking!

Definitely going back to the library tomorrow :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Decided to stay at home to study today but ended up doing absolutely nothing instead.. exams start in three days, not sure what I was thinking!

Definitely going back to the library tomorrow :/

This has been my experience / attitude for the last three weeks. Assignments are OK. I might wing it. We have a library ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

This has been my experience / attitude for the last three weeks. Assignments are OK. I might wing it. We have a library ?

Always the way, too many distractions at home :o Luckily i've no assignments still left to do but 9 exams coming up soonish : / Here's hoping I wing it too!

We have a few: http://www.tcd.ie/Library/maps-floorplans/ They're packed coming up to exams but great places to get work done and tons of extra reading there if you need it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

In the 24 hour room this morning, sat there for half an hour, picked a desk and moved the stuff to the back of the room. Guy comes in 20 minutes later, and tells me to move. I explain to him that the desk was empty, and he says
    "Well I went to pick up my mother from the airport at ten past nine"meaning he was gone over an hour.
    This goes back and forth, he says lets take it up with security, I say fine. I lift my stuff and he takes the desk.

If you're reading this: **** you.

Security: Do nothing.
    0.jpg

Really tempted to go piss in his bag right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Groinshot wrote: »
    In the 24 hour room this morning, sat there for half an hour, picked a desk and moved the stuff to the back of the room. Guy comes in 20 minutes later, and tells me to move. I explain to him that the desk was empty, and he says
    "Well I went to pick up my mother from the airport at ten past nine"meaning he was gone over an hour.
    This goes back and forth, he says lets take it up with security, I say fine. I lift my stuff and he takes the desk.

If you're reading this: **** you.

Security: Do nothing.
    0.jpg

Really tempted to go piss in his bag right now.
    15 minute rule, why did lift your stuff up?

blubloblu wrote: »
    15 minute rule, why did lift your stuff up?

I lifted my laptop, to go take it up with security. Still ****ing raging, and have gotten nothing done.
    EDIT:
    Also, thought the guy was going to hit me.
    Less hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

Groinshot wrote: »
    I lifted my laptop, to go take it up with security. Still ****ing raging, and have gotten nothing done.
    EDIT:
    Also, thought the guy was going to hit me.
    Less hassle.

Possession is nine tenths of the law. If you're in that situation in the future, send him to get security. Don't argue with him either, just plant yourself and tell him to keep the noise down - people are trying to study.

• Advertisement

Possession is nine tenths of the law. If you're in that situation in the future, send him to get security. Don't argue with him either, just plant yourself and tell him to keep the noise down - people are trying to study.

Yeah, I know that now. Realised it as soon as I stood up actually. Luckily it's the weekend and I prefer the second floor here anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

I would forward this complaint to the chief (?) librarian and make sure that they tell security what the rules are regarding desks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 c0nor

Can someone explain why ALL exams in a tsm subject must be repeated if one is failed as opposed to just that one. Doing tsm maths and I know single honours maths only repeat the ones they failed, what the f**k?

The more I freak out, the less I do.

Also, anxiety + lasagne = nausea.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭dabh

c0nor wrote: »
    Can someone explain why ALL exams in a tsm subject must be repeated if one is failed as opposed to just that one. Doing tsm maths and I know single honours maths only repeat the ones they failed, what the f**k?

Yes and No. For decades, the Arts subjects that dominated the membership and carried the most influence on the TSM Management Committee considered it an important principle that anyone who failed in a TSM subject at the annual examination must repeat the supplemental examination in full - and all TSM departments have been required to implement this principle in their subject regulations.

There should be new regulations next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Micro is taking far longer to revise than I thought it would. Thanks Francis, 'your' lecture notes are really helpful considering they're (for the second year running) simply the ones provided to you by the publisher.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ineedaflash

Despair, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Bleh.

That will be all.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

HELP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kitty9

who wants to do biochemistry for me :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

+1000 to the despair/panic et. al.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Hurry da fock up Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Aoiferz

Spent a whole day learning stratigraphy, still no clue on it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Cytokines

Scared. Relaxing music helps. Hurry up Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

What's happening on Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

What's happening on Friday?

Finished for the summer. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Scared. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

The more I freak out, the less I do.

Also, anxiety + lasagne = nausea.
    Despair, etc.
    Bleh.

That will be all.
    nommm wrote: »
    HELP
    Jammyc wrote: »
    +1000 to the despair/panic et. al.
    Aoiferz wrote: »
    Spent a whole day learning stratigraphy, still no clue on it :(
    Cytokines wrote: »
    Scared. Relaxing music helps. Hurry up Friday!
    Scared. :(

http://make-everything-ok.com/

Chins up, comrades!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Richieee

A not so spiffing start.

• Advertisement

Richieee wrote: »
    A not so spiffing start.

Ditto. People who supposedly only studied a couple nights beforehand came out saying theirs went great, and I who crammed like no one has crammed before was absolutely lost. My mind went blank. I'll be completely relying on my CA for one of the subjects.

Onwards and upwards I suppose...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement