Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ouija Boards (megathread)

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Hi all.

I have a love for all things spiritual including psychic's and mediumship.
    I myself am clairvoyant and clairaudient and would describe myself as a spiritualist.

The topic of ouija boards come up quite often and I personally would not recommend using one without the supervision of an experienced psychic/medium as ouija boards can be used as an easy access point by spirits with negative intentions.

If you do decide to use one I strongly recommend you invoke protection as in the past I have seen clairvoyantly some unpleasant beings which I would hope you would not end up unknowingly communicating with through an ouija board.
    Also seconding this

Better off staying away from them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

Ghost Girl wrote: »
    Great topic. Id say keep away from Ouija boards if you're just doing it for fun. I've never touched them after an experience in secondary school. Eight to ten girls playing it for weeks, laughing about questions they asked and answers they were getting. I observed, didn't play. They were given the intials of one of the girls who was going to die. She did two months later in a horrific road crash. I had strange experiences in the school during my time there and so did my sister which we never realised until recently, when we talked about it. It also emerged that the school was known for hauntings among its staff during my time there, which would explain the terribal reaction from teachers when they found out about Ouija board in one of the class rooms. It also emerged years later that it was one of the schools run by the nuns in the 60's and 70's as an orphanage, which was under investigation for child abuse. So my experiences from my time there add up now. I'd say, never play Ouija board for fun, why mess with some thing so controversial, with the possibility of some horrific consequences.

I have put my opinion already on the thread about the board. I am very sorry to hear about your friend Ghost Girl. This is were the danger lies for a lot of people getting involved with anything supernatural or even opening up spiritually, information can be given you may not want to know and imo its then the mental capability of the person/s dealing with this knowledge and aftermath the problem occurs and usually its the tool used that gets the blame for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭hiorta

I'd agree that ouija boards are not toys and best never used flippantly.
    The Law of Attraction applies a bit more immediately with them, it seems. You will attract exactly what you are. Is that what you'd like?

As far as foretelling a death goes, it seems that many on the other side are able to see ahead a little further than we can, so instead of causing a death, it seems possible that the event is already in the pipeline.
    Anyway, what's terrible about death? It is our only certainty and we will all pass through this change, whatever we understand or believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Ghost Girl

hiorta wrote: »
    I'd agree that ouija boards are not toys and best never used flippantly.
    As far as foretelling a death goes, it seems that many on the other side are able to see ahead a little further than we can, so instead of causing a death, it seems possible that the event is already in the pipeline.

Yes and even if you knew it was coming, you probably wouldnt be able to change it, a bit like the film final destination (just a bit now!!) but i believe if you interfere with the path, it will catch up any way. Still doesn't mean if I had a premonition about a friends death that i wouldn't tell them to be carefull, of course I would, I may not tell them why, but I would try and prevent it. Needless to say, if its going to happen, then I believe its meant to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mikey08

I'm an idiot, pity me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

new departure dont make yourown,they re not any less dangerous.when i was younger 11 or 12 my cousins and i ade an ouji board out of paper and we uses a glass as a planchette,we didnt hink it worked but when we came downstairs their grandad was sitting on the chair except he had died before they were born.for eeks after that we had feelings of people following us and the the feeling that they were taking our power to manifest because we heard people talking when no one was there.we eventually went to the priest cause we were so scared and after that it was grans,thats why dont mess with stuff you dont understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭AircraftTechie

lil_lisa wrote: »
    So anyway, they sat down, started asking questions, got no reply! then, it came up that "noel says hi", noel was an irish friend of my sisters she met in Germany years ago when she lived there so no one else knew him. She got really freaked out, naturally! and then, the guy who dropped his phone into the coffee got a message! that alone stumped everyone cos it wasnt working. the message said "still dancing up here, cant wait til you join me!"

So a message went to the phone from out of thin air or from a mobile number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vincenzo1975

when I was a kid, i was attempting to do a ouija board on a big old round flat mirror, on my own in my bedroom. A cassette tape bounced off the shelf on the other side of the room, bounced across and landed in between my feet. Someone telling me to cop on,

now I know why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

I did a ouija board a number of times with a good friend a few years ago. Every time it worked and sometimes we got a spirit that revelled in scaring us, telling us things like he is in the rat that is in the attic, then we hear sounds. The last time we did it it went on for a long time. Well over an hour on one go. I started to feel really strange, like some foreign body was attacking me. I got a chronic headache out of nowhere. From there we stupidly decided to ask it was there a god. The pointer started spinning uncontrolably until the paper crumbled from the inside out. Candles blew out, the clocks in his room started flashing. A strange wind filled the air and the final thing I can remember is my friend receiving a call from a blank number and then he phone started making weird sounds. Weird day. Since then I haven' gone near a ouija board although recently I have been thinking about it again. I love the way the subject tends to just get sweeped under the mat. My uncle and cousins are faith healers and my granny often has premonitions that come true. She said to me that I may have a gift, should I use it??????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭hiorta

Of course you should use it.
    But first, try to understand more of these very powerful energies.
    Try Meditation, if you can find a group.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

My dad told me he used one before. All that he will tell me is that the glass moved and that he wont tell me anythin else. I dont wanna go near one tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Brad768

What I struggle to believe is how can something that can be bought from an average toy store, have the potential to do such claims...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

My girldfirends dad tells the following story....

When he lived in Cleveland in the sixties, he and his room mates got a ouija board and decided it'd be good to scare one of the flat mates with it... Few beers, out comes the board, chuckles and groans all round, then they decide to go ahead and contact the dead....

So a few minutes in, they're spelling out his name and taking the mick basically, saying he's a 'square' or whatever they said in the sixties...

Suddenly, the tracking glass they were using starts swerving all over the board, everyone has a finger on it but it's going mental hitting the sides and then stops on H, goes again for a few seconds... E Then again... L.. Then P....

Does this three times, H... E.... L.... P.... H... E.... L.... P.... H... E.... L.... P....

Naturally, they all think it's one of the other lads messing around, until it goes on to the numbers.... Does a 7/8 digit number repeatedly... Four or five times, the same combination of numbers.

One of the girlfriends in the room writes it down, sure enough, it's a Cleveland phone number!! They freak out, accusing each other of messing the tracking glass, saying it can't be real. The girl, being the most skeptical of the whole thing says they should ring the number. They spill out on the street, get to the payphone and argue about who's going to dial the number... Eventually the piece of paper with the number is thrust upon the girlfriends dad and it's on him to make the call...

Picks up the phone, sticks in a coin, punches in the number... The opposite end rings twice, answered, then goes dead... They try again, convinced it's a wind up, but the phone isn't ringing, it's a dead line. They can't figure it out at all, but decide that they're officially over Ouija board. He balls up the piece of paper, chucks it in his pocket and they all go back to drinking.

Next day, the girlfriends dad is walking to college from the flat, walks past a small burnt out office building, completely razed to the ground. Still smouldering ashes and a few locals milling around talking about the horrible tragedy. He asks what happened, turns out the cleaner and her 3 kids had been spending the nights there as they couldn't afford rent, and had all died in the fire, in the middle of the night.

The place went up so quick the fire department couldn't get there in time. All that was left standing outside the building, was the sign for the company, and their phone number... The exact same number written in the crumpled piece of paper in his pocket!!

100% true story, he's not the type to exaggerate and he still has the piece of paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Scaredy_Cat

Haven't had time to read through all the thread, sorry, but has anyone ever done one on their own? I made a makeshift paper one back in my teens, used a coin and placed it on the floor (carpet) it worked! Definitely wasn't me pulling the coin around the place it felt like a magnet pulling it and as I was alone I can't blame anyone else for pulling it either.

I got brave (or stupid!) after a few days and I asked for the person to appear to me that night :eek: Gosh when I think back, anyway as I went to bed that night I started to get really paranoid and afraid, I was paranoid that this thing was going to get me to do stuff (stupid, evil stuff) so I ended up saying prayers over and over until I fell asleep!

Would be interested to know what to the sceptics think on what was making the coin move? Sorry as I said hadn't time to read the entire thread.....thanks :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Haven't had time to read through all the thread, sorry, but has anyone ever done one on their own? I made a makeshift paper one back in my teens, used a coin and placed it on the floor (carpet) it worked! Definitely wasn't me pulling the coin around the place it felt like a magnet pulling it and as I was alone I can't blame anyone else for pulling it either.

I got brave (or stupid!) after a few days and I asked for the person to appear to me that night :eek: Gosh when I think back, anyway as I went to bed that night I started to get really paranoid and afraid, I was paranoid that this thing was going to get me to do stuff (stupid, evil stuff) so I ended up saying prayers over and over until I fell asleep!

Would be interested to know what to the sceptics think on what was making the coin move? Sorry as I said hadn't time to read the entire thread.....thanks :o

Look up the ideomotor effect.

Advertisement