Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ouija Boards (megathread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

KIVES wrote: »
    My Aunt found a ouija board we'd been messing around with years ago at the back of my cousins house in the country - she said they were 'the devils playthings' - three years ago she had an affair with the local mechanic and wait for this, she blamed touchin the fcukin board

I love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

my friends, my sister and i were havin a bit of fun with one a few years ago. One of the lads was walkin over to the middle of the floor to join in and dropped his phone in a cup of coffee! very funny!

So anyway, they sat down, started asking questions, got no reply! then, it came up that "noel says hi", noel was an irish friend of my sisters she met in Germany years ago when she lived there so no one else knew him. She got really freaked out, naturally! and then, the guy who dropped his phone into the coffee got a message! that alone stumped everyone cos it wasnt working. the message said "still dancing up here, cant wait til you join me!"

my sister later told me that when they went out drinking in germany he could never get off the dancefloor, he was always hyper! nice to hear it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I remember in 4th class a few lads in my class made one out of paper,and some of the th class pupils made one too out of paper mind you,anyway both my teacher and there teacher got us using it and we all got killed,the 5th class teacher accused us of trying to contact the devil :confused: which is not at all what we were trying to do,did'nt even know you could contact him using a board,nevermind one made out of paper!anyway I felt really restless that night and scared as I thought we'd summoned the devil or somthing (hopefully we have'nt :eek: ) but ya I was really scared that night,kept thinking I was hearing voices,I dont think Id go near one again,even though I do have a big interest in the paranormal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Kabuto

Are there any shops around Dublin that I can buy a Ouija board?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

None, you have to go online.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭gillyfromlyre

My older sister said that she put on a load of weight after doing the board with friends. She said that it kept spelling out "Fatty" time and time again and that the her weight problem began not long afterwards. Is this a a case of "blame it on the board" or do ye think she may have a point here, I'm open to viewpoints, not sure if they work or not myself

• Registered Users Posts: 19 White Light

Hi all.

I have a love for all things spiritual including psychic's and mediumship.
    I myself am clairvoyant and clairaudient and would describe myself as a spiritualist.

The topic of ouija boards come up quite often and I personally would not recommend using one without the supervision of an experienced psychic/medium as ouija boards can be used as an easy access point by spirits with negative intentions.

If you do decide to use one I strongly recommend you invoke protection as in the past I have seen clairvoyantly some unpleasant beings which I would hope you would not end up unknowingly communicating with through an ouija board.

Hi White Light, nice to have you on boards,

Have you used the board your self and could you fill us in on what you saw etc.

Hi kshiel. Thanks for welcome :)

I've never used an "out of the shop" official board.
    All of the boards were homemade.

The beings that I saw clairvoyantly were in a totally different situation and not when using an ouija board.
    I merely mentioned it to inform potential users of a ouija board that not everything on the other side is all nice and hence to be careful.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Please tell us what you saw,this sounds very interesting!oh and welcome to the boards :)

• Advertisement

I know this may sound like a ridiculously practical question whitelight given the subject is spiritual, but what do the spirits do on the other side, I don't mean are they working or unemployed etc he he,but is there a purpose for them, are they there to listen, contact us????

Hi gillyfromlyre :)

Well here is my opinion from a "spiritualists" point of view.

Our natural home is actually the spirit world which is made up of many astral/spiritual planes.

The lower astral/spiritual planes are where you will find spirits, beings and energies that contain a lot of anger and fear. This area is very dark and not nice!

As you go up higher and higher through the astral/spiritual planes where there is a lot more light you will find many different spirits that are at different learning stages.

Right at the top is where the purest spirits reside. Many call this heaven.
    This area is pure white light and all spirits residing here are pure (no ego, anger, fear) just love and knowledge and hence generally have no need to reincarnate again.

So the lowest contains anger/fear and the highest contains love.
    Our aim is to reach the top.
    To do this we incarnate onto earth many times to learn several life lessons (predetermined by you) and even burn off karma you created from your previous incarnation.

On which astral/spiritual plane you reside on when you pass over (die) depends on how you acted in this incarnation.

Spirits on the other side also learn various lessons and when they try and contact us, it is to let us know they are ok :)
    While on the other side they are free of the constraints of a physical body and can fly freely..

So when someone is innocently using a ouija board, they generally don't know who is contacting them and from what astral/spiritual plane. Hence my word of caution as you can receive false guidance.

Please note that many people will argue with what I've said.
    However it is my belief coming from a spiritualist's point of view.

So basically what your saying is,after we die we come back again as someone else?

We don't necessarily reincarnate straight away.

We are a spirit inside a physical body. When we pass over (die) we are the same person on the other side.

When we reincarnate we enter a new body with no memories of our past life and we start a new life on earth with a new set of lessons to experience.

If you will, imagine playing the same computer game again but as a different character...

thats very similar to what I believe in :),the only is difference is I believe we reincarate straight away and are reborn as a new life,the white light you experience before or while you are dieing is you being reborn again into the world...............as crazy as that may sound :o

The dark tunnel you go down when you die is your spirit heading to the other side.

When you pass over to the other side your family, friends and guides are waiting for you to meet them. You then look back at your life and how it compared to the original plan you set.

Some spirits might be anxious by their new surroundings so they receive help from specific spirits guides.

You then may start learning on the other side or take some time out and relax into your new surroundings!

You can then if you wish start to prepare for another incarnation by choosing the lessons you wish to learn.

Hi kshiel. Thanks for welcome :)

I've never used an "out of the shop" official board.
    All of the boards were homemade.

The beings that I saw clairvoyantly were in a totally different situation and not when using an ouija board.
    I merely mentioned it to inform potential users of a ouija board that not everything on the other side is all nice and hence to be careful.

Would you agree then it is more the state of mind of the user of the board than the board itself? As most know here I am a very firm believer in life after death and I am still very much in the learning curve of it all and I would agree not all spirits are pleasant or nice anymore than not all people here on this plane of exsistance are not pleasant or nice as if we say our soul is the same when we cross over as it was in this plane, (well at least until we are ready to move forward and learn on the spirit plane) and we decide to go in search of the truth of life after death we would be just at risk of running into one of these nasty pieces of work if we haven't prepared oursleves in some way for the journey.

I am not against Quja boards nor am I for them, each to there own I would say and would be of the opinion there are better ways of spirit communcation but when it comes to the boards I am more of the opinion at this stage that it is the people using the board and the mind state of which they enter into it.

kshiel:
    Yes the state of mind of the user/users plays a part.
    However there are better methods to contact spirits.

A psychic/medium would have greater control on what spirit comes through while using an ouija board. Where as a group of fearful newbies with no experience might unknowingly communicate with a spirit up to mischief pretending to be someone else.

Like attracts like. When entering anything spiritual you should do it from love
    When I had that (once off) negative experience (nothing major to be honest) it was totally my fault. I was very inexperienced and failed to do below what you should always do before any spiritual work:
    Invoke protection and stay positive and loving.
    Fail to prepare and prepare to fail they say! I learned my lesson!

You are the one in control and with the power. No on else.

You don't reincarnate straight away.

That sounds like a statement of fact in response to Sephiroth_dude's post about what he believes?

Tonight on Sci-Fi Channel: Witchboard III: The Possession

Brian, an out-of-work stockbroker, is introduced by his landlord Mr. Redman to a new source of insider information: the Ouija! The Ouija makes him rich, but when Mr. Redman kills himself and Brian suffers a freak accident, Brian's wife starts noticing changes in her husband ...

• Advertisement

kshiel:
    Yes the state of mind of the user/users plays a part.
    However there are better methods to contact spirits.

A psychic/medium would have greater control on what spirit comes through while using an ouija board. Where as a group of fearful newbies with no experience might unknowingly communicate with a spirit up to mischief pretending to be someone else.

Like attracts like. When entering anything spiritual you should do it from love
    When I had that (once off) negative experience (nothing major to be honest) it was totally my fault. I was very inexperienced and failed to do below what you should always do before any spiritual work:
    Invoke protection and stay positive and loving.
    Fail to prepare and prepare to fail they say! I learned my lesson!

You are the one in control and with the power. No on else.

I understand what you mean by like attracts like and I do understand (more than I care to at times) how inexperience can attract negitative energy into your space but with a medium or psychic using the board who is say not in a good place in their own lives at that point and they decided to use a board would incur the same result (although maybe they would deal with it quicker and be better equiped to do so than a normal joe soap would.) But wouldn;t it mean that the normal joe soap who uses the board who is in that loving state of mind and is in themsleves a very positive, caring person attract the same while using the board?

Forgive me for asking these questions, I haven't used a board myself and wouldn't undertake the task at the present time but I am very curious to the what, why and how these things work from both frame of minds and both sides of the coin as in those who used them who is a medium or psychic and those who think they have no factulity in that area at all.

Whitelight, what happens if you enter a plane that really like, it might not be the top plane, but a nice enough plane, can you stay there or do you have to keep going??

Hi 6th and Sephiroth_dude
    Looking back it did look one sided. My apologies. I edited the post to reflect that. Please note that I didn't totally go against his beliefs as I said "We don't necessarily reincarnate straight away." before his post.

Hi kshiel.
    A psychic or medium generally wouldn't use an ouija board or try to communicate with the other side if they weren't in the right frame of mind.

However if "Joe Soap" (as you say!!) used an ouija board and he was going into it with the right intentions, full of love and positive, it is still not a recipe for success because it's not all down to like attracts like. As "Joe Soap" probably doesn't know how to invoke protection. Also "Joe Soap" probably doesn't know how to close the session to make sure the spirit leaves the room when finished. The ouija board can be used by some mischievous spirits and whether you are positive and loving or not, you are creating an opening and asking for spirit to come forward and communicate.

The fact that a lot of psychics/mediums recommend that the inexperienced stay away from using an ouija board says a lot.
    However it's up to you whatever you decide to do or believe at the end of the day.

Hi gillyfromlyre.
    You have total freedom of choice.
    You can reside there for how long you wish. No one tells you what to do.
    When you are ready to move forwards then you will.

Hi kshiel.
    A psychic or medium generally wouldn't use an ouija board or try to communicate with the other side if they weren't in the right frame of mind.

However if "Joe Soap" (as you say!!) used an ouija board and he was going into it with the right intentions, full of love and positive, it is still not a recipe for success because it's not all down to like attracts like. As "Joe Soap" probably doesn't know how to invoke protection. Also "Joe Soap" probably doesn't know how to close the session to make sure the spirit leaves the room when finished. The ouija board can be used by some mischievous spirits and whether you are positive and loving or not, you are creating an opening and asking for spirit to come forward and communicate.

The fact that a lot of psychics/mediums recommend that the inexperienced stay away from using an ouija board says a lot.
    However it's up to you whatever you decide to do or believe at the end of the day.

Thanks for your insight White Light and I ahave always been of the opinion that the board shouldn't really be used by inexperienced people and those who are expreienced seem to stay away from them and I dont believe everything is black and white in the area of spiritual development and have many beliefs etc which I haven't posted up and a lot of experiences with spirit of which I haven't posted up. It is nice to hear other peoples expereince or views on such matters if only to look into and question and research your own more, so thanks for your insight it was appreciated.

kim.

Thanks Kim.
    You're welcome :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Cordine

6th wrote: »
    Thats a bad attitude to have. I dont think people in gerenal turn to ouija boards over a medium because of money.

And the idea that psychic shouldnt charge for services coz its vulgar (as i have heard people say) is silly. If i could make a living out of doing something I love i would jump and the chance - that should affect peoples opinion of me.

I think its fine to charge a small fee if you are a credible medium. But if you're a fake then its a totally different story. For instance Sylvia Brown was asked to look into a missing child case and she told the grieving parents that she would take on the case for $700.00 dollars and hour. Any credibility that women had went right out the window for me. :)

Oh I know that case well ... have a read of this: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055048829&highlight=Sylvia

Anyway should doctors charge people to help them? Should councilors? If psychics get paid though I think they should pay tax where nessecery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Ghost Girl

Great topic. Id say keep away from Ouija boards if you're just doing it for fun. I've never touched them after an experience in secondary school. Eight to ten girls playing it for weeks, laughing about questions they asked and answers they were getting. I observed, didn't play. They were given the intials of one of the girls who was going to die. She did two months later in a horrific road crash. I had strange experiences in the school during my time there and so did my sister which we never realised until recently, when we talked about it. It also emerged that the school was known for hauntings among its staff during my time there, which would explain the terribal reaction from teachers when they found out about Ouija board in one of the class rooms. It also emerged years later that it was one of the schools run by the nuns in the 60's and 70's as an orphanage, which was under investigation for child abuse. So my experiences from my time there add up now. I'd say, never play Ouija board for fun, why mess with some thing so controversial, with the possibility of some horrific consequences.

Advertisement