Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ouija Boards (megathread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

upthere wrote:
    Last night I decided with a mate of mine who's into the occult, to use a ouiji board first time. It was the most positive experience I have ever had. At first we got a bad spirit who when asked moved the glass on "bad".
    He messed around with us giving us messages we couldn't understand. After it all the bad spirit spelt out "dry" and put the glass on goodbye.
    He came back again and this time tried to move the glass to fall off the table, unforutanely we did leave the glass go off the board which reading now is bad.
    2) A relative of mine game through on the boards and assured me she was proud of me. I asked her what my dogs name; I expected her to say my present dog but she told me the name of the dog I had when she was alive. She said she was proud and I asked would I ever see her again and she said "yes". It lighened up my night entirely. I said a prayer before using the board.
    The above is a 100% true story and I feel a major risk(for the good) on my and my mates part.

I am glad to here you had a positive experience on using the board. Its nice to hear when people get positive feed back from the spirit world especially using a instrument that has been seen as a tool for lower engeries.

Out of interest what made you to decide to suddenly give it a go? You say you said a little prayer before hand, was this for protection?

The bad spirit you had contact with, do you think it was actually bad or just felt like a bad presence?

Sorry for all the questions but one more if you please. When you started using the board where you excepting a lower engery first maybe due to the nature and rep the board has? Or did ye approch this experiement with an open mind and not really thinking about what might or might not happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I'm liking how you post about the boards kshiel ... you seem to have a similar idea about it as myself :D

6th wrote:
    I'm liking how you post about the boards kshiel ... you seem to have a similar idea about it as myself :D

I dont condem them and I dont condone them if you know what I mean, I think though as you probaly know I feel that they are an important element in the paranormal aspect of things, a lot of people have given information about spirit contact on a board wheather it is bad or good, so I feel it is important that getting information about them is wise. I hate to jump to quickly to any conclusions on them, thats not to say I am going to run out and buy one just for the fun of it but as in all aspect of spirit contact knowledge about the hows, ups and downs need to be explored to gain a better understanding of what is actually out there and I do believe that there are probaly better ways to come to that understanding other than a board but it is out there and wheather people like it or not it is going no where, so I feel it is better to know about it, try and gain some aspect to what its about and I always feel people who have had the courage or just stumbled across this form of contact are the ones who can give the best information on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭upthere

kshiel wrote:
    I am glad to here you had a positive experience on using the board. Its nice to hear when people get positive feed back from the spirit world especially using a instrument that has been seen as a tool for lower engeries.

Out of interest what made you to decide to suddenly give it a go? You say you said a little prayer before hand, was this for protection?

The bad spirit you had contact with, do you think it was actually bad or just felt like a bad presence?

Sorry for all the questions but one more if you please. When you started using the board where you excepting a lower engery first maybe due to the nature and rep the board has? Or did ye approch this experiement with an open mind and not really thinking about what might or might not happen.
    I said a prayer for protection from evil. Your questions are pretty good because I could be any fool doing it but I have researched a little but it was pretty spur of the moment thing and I wrote out the board myself. Along with the alphabet etc, I wrote down "good" "bad" on the board. For some reason I done it without thinking as I knew it would come in handy. I am aware of the rep of the board but I think that it can be open to good spirits too but I was very specific about who I wanted to contact and I started to get emotional once they had made contact. Once I got emotional, they said "goodbye, then they pointed over the first letter of my first name, then they pointed on goodbye again. The second time they pointed on goodbye, they didn't scroll over the whole word just over the "goo" part.
    At first, I was expecting any type of energy to come through, but when I didn't like that energy I requested a specific person and I could see from the top of my mind they were around. I knew it was going to work because I know there are spirits out there. I am one of those people that thinks outside of everyday spectrum, infact I was not frightened when the glass moved, but relieved.
    As for the bad spirit, it said it was bad, but I think the spirit was playing with us because when we kept asking serious questions it just said "dry" and said good bye and when we asked him/her back it tried to move the glass off the table. I think it was a harmless playful spirit but I got quiet a cheerful impression from it but it said it was bad. The dead person who i was close to has been dead for 7 years so I hope it was that spirit who contacted me and not an imposter. I am confident but would like some feedback.
    I also wear a gold cross that has been blessed and i gave my mate a holy medal to wear. i am not a wierdo for using it but I was seeking some sort of comfort because my life is pretty dull at the moment. It's better than drinking but the same as gambling i think and I am aware of the dangers but fascinated at the same time.
    Also, as we were making the ouiji board, the cat who never leaves the house was bugging us to leave her out!! She didn't come in after either! So I am well convinced there is something to the whole thing!

I had quite an open mind when I started using it and was just expecting any spirit to come through rather than a bad or good one. I knew that either type could come through.

upthere wrote:
    I said a prayer for protection from evil. Your questions are pretty good because I could be any fool doing it but I have researched a little but it was pretty spur of the moment thing and I wrote out the board myself. Along with the alphabet etc, I wrote down "good" "bad" on the board. For some reason I done it without thinking as I knew it would come in handy. I am aware of the rep of the board but I think that it can be open to good spirits too but I was very specific about who I wanted to contact and I started to get emotional once they had made contact. Once I got emotional, they said "goodbye, then they pointed over the first letter of my first name, then they pointed on goodbye again. The second time they pointed on goodbye, they didn't scroll over the whole word just over the "goo" part.
    At first, I was expecting any type of energy to come through, but when I didn't like that energy I requested a specific person and I could see from the top of my mind they were around. I knew it was going to work because I know there are spirits out there. I am one of those people that thinks outside of everyday spectrum, infact I was not frightened when the glass moved, but relieved.
    As for the bad spirit, it said it was bad, but I think the spirit was playing with us because when we kept asking serious questions it just said "dry" and said good bye and when we asked him/her back it tried to move the glass off the table. I think it was a harmless playful spirit but I got quiet a cheerful impression from it but it said it was bad. The dead person who i was close to has been dead for 7 years so I hope it was that spirit who contacted me and not an imposter. I am confident but would like some feedback.
    I also wear a gold cross that has been blessed and i gave my mate a holy medal to wear. i am not a wierdo for using it but I was seeking some sort of comfort because my life is pretty dull at the moment. It's better than drinking but the same as gambling i think and I am aware of the dangers but fascinated at the same time.
    Also, as we were making the ouiji board, the cat who never leaves the house was bugging us to leave her out!! She didn't come in after either! So I am well convinced there is something to the whole thing!

I had quite an open mind when I started using it and was just expecting any spirit to come through rather than a bad or good one. I knew that either type could come through.

Hi upthere,

I am a great believer in protection and for the record I dont think you are a wierdo, most people on this site have an interest in the paranormal in one way or the other due to some form of circumstance that lead them to it.

Writing down the good/bad words could have been due to plainly needing the words for easyiness or sub-consiously remembering the rep of the board.

I understand what you mean by good spirits coming through also, I feel maybe this board is better used when trying to contact a particular person than random, I think the random is what gets people into trouble sometimes. It was good to here you didn't just jump to the spirit was evil, just playful and I feel you handled that pretty well, open mind very important.

With it been the intended spirit you wished to contact, I think you can only answer that question, I know with me I tend to trust my judgement and gut on it, its very hard to explain what I mean by that. You did ask for personal questions to be answered and got an answer, maybe not the one you thought but one that was real.

Thanks for been honest about your expereince, it was very insightful.

• Advertisement

Thankyou :) kshiel,
    Yes I do think it was the spirit I wanted to contact and it has been positive but I do agree that random spirits are the ones that cause trouble.

So would you use one again upthere or was it a means to an end to make contact with the spirit that you did?

Definately but only when i feel healthy and positive.

Does anybody know if random spirits can know details like your date of birth if you didn't reveal it?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Aisling&M

Maybe psychic spirits.......:)

• Advertisement

I can only presume that they can know things - thats not based on anything though, just my opinion. When I go to a haunted location for instance I remove my wedding ring and dont carry my wallet as it has a photo of my wife and daughter. I feel be removing these personal items that I am keeping the knowledge of my life from any energies I come in contact with.

can they read minds? stupid question but whats ur opinion?

who knows? They are (possibly) beings of energy which may be more sensitive to higher levels of our own. And some believe that different levels of our auras hold alot of information about us.

I know I didtnt explain that well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Aisling&M

This is just my own conjecture and not based on any research etc.....but I believe that spirits of humans that have passed on do have access to a universal library (like what Sylvia Browne describes in her books ) where information about all our lives is available. These spirits are only good though and would not be permitted to interact with us and have access to personal information unless it was for the highest good. Spirits of humans that have not yet crossed over however have the intuition capacity that they had in physical life......if they were psychic/intuitive then perhaps they can read your mind or if they do follow you around they will pic up bits of your life from watching you. I do not believe that they can have intimate information that is locked in your mind.

Now, when it comes to guides and angels the same rules apply to spirits that have crossed over. They only have the highest good in mind and I believe you asked them to come with you into this life and gave them free access into your information beforehand.

then there are things like elementals which I don't know enough about to speculate.

There are negative energies, although I'm not sure if demons are the right word for them. I don't believe they can have information that only you know unless you say it out loud to them.

Obviously I advise caution and protection (as you already mentioned having done above) in whatever way you feel most comfortable before endevouring into a spiritual communication situation.

Hope that helps, but as I said, it's just my opinions.

Aisling&M wrote:
    This is just my own conjecture and not based on any research etc.....but I believe that spirits of humans that have passed on do have access to a universal library (like what Sylvia Browne describes in her books ) where information about all our lives is available. These spirits are only good though and would not be permitted to interact with us and have access to personal information unless it was for the highest good. Spirits of humans that have not yet crossed over however have the intuition capacity that they had in physical life......if they were psychic/intuitive then perhaps they can read your mind or if they do follow you around they will pic up bits of your life from watching you. I do not believe that they can have intimate information that is locked in your mind.

Now, when it comes to guides and angels the same rules apply to spirits that have crossed over. They only have the highest good in mind and I believe you asked them to come with you into this life and gave them free access into your information beforehand.

then there are things like elementals which I don't know enough about to speculate.

There are negative energies, although I'm not sure if demons are the right word for them. I don't believe they can have information that only you know unless you say it out loud to them.

Obviously I advise caution and protection (as you already mentioned having done above) in whatever way you feel most comfortable before endevouring into a spiritual communication situation.

Hope that helps, but as I said, it's just my opinions.
    I quite agree with you Aisling. That is a very good theory and it makes absolute sense to me. I belive that bad spirits would give information that would make a person feel uncomfortable in some way or another, the info wouldn't make any sense or would be false.

of course the spirits could be lying? there are deseptive people on this side so why not the next?

6th wrote:
    of course the spirits could be lying? there are deseptive people on this side so why not the next?
    I agree so it's never a certainty and takes the positive certainty out of using the board.

You just have to use common sense ... communication via divination has very similar dangers as communicating via the internet - you can never really know so be careful.

Thats not to say the either the net or ouija boards are safe or dangerous, always use "your" best judgement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Not taking the piss here but has anybody asked questions about Religion or the future on it? You know if it is real then surely the people on the other side would know being close to god and all?

Steyr, I asked questions about whether something I done was right or wrong and the spirit said goodbye. They are allowed to come through to you I'm sure, but they cannot give you answers that we must learn for ourselves like does god exist. That is the test of life in my opinion. Ouija would be very easy cheating the facts or messing with the facts if it was that good. They are not suppost to tell those answers. Personally, I don't feel the need to ask about the future when I use it. I don't think the board is to be abused as that is where the negative points of the board come to play. Really when people mess with it they are inviting messers who are looking for a laugh on the other side.
    If you get a good spirit, in my opinion they will make you feel positive and won't lie to you, but if you ask them questions regarding religion or morals they will say goodbye. I asked a spirit who I feel was my relative whether using the board was bad or not and they said "goodbye". Ethics, morals and beliefs are based on our life and how we live, and what we believe is true and not. Spirits lived their life if they were alive and have passed over with a qualification of their life. We are not suppost to know the future or what is right or wrong or if god exists. Those are for us as individuals to think and believe, a spirit doesn't have the right to tell us, why should they? They had to live life and cross over with their beliefs.
    We are not suppost to know yet! we are at a stage. It's like doing a course with 3 semesters, knowing semester 3 without knowing one or 2 is useless. That's an example but I guess education is no comparison to this issue.
    My opinion only.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Kivun Sotilas

I only got up to page 6 of this thread but I wanted to ask something about ouija.

Everyone says it is dangerous and I believe it could be but I am curious what actual bad outcomes people here have experienced due to using ouija?

I haven't ever used one before but several people have told me that I should never use one because I attract certain energies which are bad.
    I just wondered what would happen if I did?

I might make a new thread if I can't find one about getting rid of these energies.

Actually the last 2/3 pages of this thread should answer alot for you. I could go into it but no point me re-writting my old posts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8uFCxlvgF0

anyone on this thread seen this? Might answer a few of your questions

Mordeth wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8uFCxlvgF0

anyone on this thread seen this? Might answer a few of your questions
    The guy in that video is so fat and obnoxious, I guess he does prove it doesn't work then.
    Science is trying to prove also that Irish people inbreeding is result of so much diabetes here. Science is always right I guess:D

i guess your personal insults completely invalidate the many arguments in that video, and experiments. you are an awesome being.
    Science is trying to prove also that Irish people inbreeding is result of so much diabetes here. Science is always right I guess

no it is not, perhaps some scientists are but science isn't. you should make some effort to understand the distinction

It was not meant as an insult, I heard it on the radio! FACT

you heard that the guy in the video isfat and obnoxious on the radio?

upthere, commentslike that only make it look like your opinion isnt worth reading.

Mordeth, Penn & Tellers video was as dismissive as uptherescomment and provided nothing to disprove the subjects use of ouija boards. They rely on being funny and putting people down.

Now can this great thread stay on topic?

they showed how people fool themselves into thinking they are not the ones moving the piece, qwhen the board was switched 180 degrees their hands went exactly to where they THOUGHT the yay/nay was. there were no spirits involved.

how is this dismissive? seems pretty conclusive to me

I mean about there comments about the appearances and attitudes of the people. Stating straight off and without hesitation that they are nuts.

I'm not saying that the people in that video are genuine or not, I'm just saying that P&T are as guilty as upthere when it comings to judging people based on appearance.

• Advertisement

yeah, and they're not trying to hide that fact. to paraphrase their own words in a different episode (i think it's the one on the bible) 'bull**** is an evangelical show, we tell the truth as we see it. All these other nuts just don't have the crack research team we do'

they insulted and made fun of the salem crackpots, but they thouroughly debunked every claim they made. Was this just a dodgy board?

Advertisement