Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

the order history should be pretty much automatic, would take forever if he was doing it manually...

both of mine from rsov so far are there anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭16airassualt

anybody know if uncompany ship their chargers with an irish plug??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

You can buy plugs at any electrical store and they arent hard to rewire...
    anyway i always find the houskey in the saftey hole works well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

anybody know if uncompany ship their chargers with an irish plug??
    I've gotten two from uncompany, the first didn't quite work properly, the LED didn't work and I couldn't tell if it was working, it was anyway but I got a second on my next order to be on the safe side. One had a 2 pin plug, the other had a 3 pin plug, so you could get either. Even if you get a 2 pin plug you'll easily find a cheap adaptor.

or a knife/screwdriver* :D

16airassault: not sure tbh, which charger is it you bought? is it the type where the transformer itself plugs into the wall (if it comes with a gun then it's gonna be one of these) or the fancy type intelligent chargers that have a lead?

*this is a really bad idea, never stick anything metal into a socket, i know we've all done the "screwdriver in the earth pin" trick at some stage but dont blame me if you get blown up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭Wossack

kdouglas wrote:
    or a knife/screwdriver* :D

16airassault: not sure tbh, which charger is it you bought? is it the type where the transformer itself plugs into the wall (if it comes with a gun then it's gonna be one of these) or the fancy type intelligent chargers that have a lead?

*this is a really bad idea, never stick anything metal into a socket, i know we've all done the "screwdriver in the earth pin" trick at some stage but dont blame me if you get blown up

aye, and what you're plugging into the wall has gotta be dual voltage... remember we on 220v over here, some of the stuff is 110v only, which will do nasty things when plugged in over here

yea its one of the ones that comes free with the gun,if its one of the two pronged ones i should be able to get one of those convertor dealy big worded thingingys from woodies,so that it works in our plug sockets without any problems.

ever had any incidents with the hk plugs??..like fires or shocks:D

sizzle...........POP!

most transformers do tend to be 110/220 alright, but check just to make sure, also i noticed my intellicharger has a switch on the bottom for 110/220, thankfully it was already set to 220 as i never checked before plugging it in

that could have cost you some eyebrows:eek: :D

thank for the help ive just placed my order,got the ca steyr a1,48,000 bbs[bulk pack,12 bags of 4000],tm hicap and another battery.it all came to just under 400euro including p&p.

wolfarmouries was going to charge me over 600euros[not including the bbs]luckily somebody told me to go with uncompany on the forum

what did you order?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,607 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

wolfarmouries was going to charge me over 600euros[not including the bbs]luckily somebody told me to go with uncompany on the forum

Good thing you figured out cheaper alternatives before you sent the payment alright. I know a few people who weren't so lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

the only thing i like about wolf is their website...i have used uncompany, be aware u may get a chance of a small customs charge because they use (well for me anyways) UPS. they are fast tho. and the current issue i am having with my aeg, they have been super helpful...

Master of the Universe

I was charged that UPS fee last October myself.Since then I've tried to avoid anywhere that uses them.

I have to say, Wolfarmouries do have a nice looking site. I generally use it if I want to look something up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

They're also really good if you've loads of money and want something damn fast!

Dammit, my order with rsov will only leave for ireland tomorro...

mine too! doh! was hoping it would be here by friday, looks like itll be monday or maybe tuesday now

See you at HRTA next saturday then?

not sure about this coming saturday (20th) but ill definately be there the following week

what was your order?

couple of bits and pieces for myself/liamo and scope, m9 mags mainly, but i got a precision barrel for my p90 and one of those cool little remote control helicopters :D hehe

oh and a silent piston head set, curious to see if they actually work

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

kdouglas wrote:
    couple of bits and pieces for myself/liamo and scope, m9 mags mainly, but i got a precision barrel for my p90 and one of those cool little remote control helicopters :D hehe

You lot have way too much money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

if only oisin, if only :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

liamo333 wrote:
    Just got it today. 3 working days, not bad.

Where did you order that adapter from? Airsoft-innovations? I'll be ordering one soon, might as well order from the same place as you since it ships so quickly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

kdouglas wrote:
    I installed one on my aug amd it didn't make a difference:(

yea, heard they actually dont make a difference alright, but it was only £7.99 so figured id give it a try

kinda aiming to make my p90 as silent as possible and make the mp5 into a crazy monster thing with an insane rof

o1s1n wrote:
    i wish!

Next time someones ordering off a site that sells Propane Adaptors wil they give me a shout?

most people tend to buy them from airsoft-innovations.com directly, airsoft atlanta and airsplat sell them too, but they are US based

Master of the Universe

I wonder could we get someone with a lathe to ream off a few dozen...

yea, for $30 they really are quite well built and worth it, trying to make one yourself would probably take longer than it takes to just ship one over

• Advertisement

Does anyone know the story with WGC Shop?
    They havent replied to any of my emails in a while

Advertisement