Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Mark_Sc wrote:
    Does anyone know the story with WGC Shop?
    They havent replied to any of my emails in a while

AFIK they dont take paypal from ireland just bank transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

kdouglas wrote:
    yea, for $30 they really are quite well built and worth it, trying to make one yourself would probably take longer than it takes to just ship one over

You could replicate it very easily on a lathe in not too much time at all. If only I were still in secondary school! Could have used the CNC in the engineering room.

Ah well, $30 is nothing. How much did they charge for shipping?

Around 9us.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

Mark_Sc wrote:
    Does anyone know the story with WGC Shop?
    They havent replied to any of my emails in a while

Keith in RSOV will get anything you want from WGC and Redwolf at no extra cost. He is very good at repling to emails as well.

thanks,all ive been doing all morning was looking out the window waiting for the postman...i think ive reached a new low:( :D

The first time I got my order from RSOV and EHobby, I spotted the postie down the village when I was picking up my daughter from school so Ilegged it after him. Found him having lunch in the local garage so asked him if I could have my packages. I think he knew well what was in them as he started to chuckle at me.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

MaxForce wrote:
    The first time I got my order from RSOV and EHobby, I spotted the postie down the village when I was picking up my daughter from school so Ilegged it after him. Found him having lunch in the local garage so asked him if I could have my packages. I think he knew well what was in them as he started to chuckle at me.:D

How are you doing with that Glock? Get it fixed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

i love that feeling:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Does anyone know if BFSL is still open? Derek still hasn't got back to me about my order. It's been weeks now.

I'm all for helpig the local retailers, but not if I don't get reasonable service...

I hate that feeling:(

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭padmundo

Yeah, he's still running alright, I was down there earlier this week getting supplies. Call him... his no is on the website.

• Advertisement

moneyman wrote:
    How are you doing with that Glock? Get it fixed?

It took me so long to put it back together I just hung it in my cabinate. Havent had a chance since to do anymore with it but I am thinking it might need a new gear box. It wirrs but nothing comes out. But it does look good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

an order was put in last friday as far as i know so give him a ring

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭padmundo

Customs tag on the 17.5% for items that are bought from outside the EU. stuff bought in the UK would have VAT included in the price already.

I think....

I checked my old order from Un Company (by old mean two monthsish) and UPS delivered it. They technically picked up the tax tab for me, so at the door I paid them and the charges broke down like this... I paid 21% to the government and then ups charged me 21% vat on that 21% percent to the government as well as a 5 euro handling charge...

Seriously lame...

I was about to order the JG AUG from rsov which came to E75 with 2 mags but then noticed that the shipping was 65....
    Does that seem like alot to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

that's probably about 5kg in weight, so shipping is probably about right...

it's pretty damn fast too, normally 5 working days to get from hong kong, that's not too bad, especially considering itll spend two days of that in ireland

hmm shipping on my hfc m92 was only 20 and that weighed about 2.5kg... 40 seemed about right to me.. ah well guess ill have to waitt another monthor two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭whufee

got my new order today, from Uncom :D
    but.....
    but............
    but.........................
    fking 21% VAT on top of 500 bucks, 624.6euro in total ........

Oh what did ya get?

cursed vat... seems to be no avoiding it these days

have many *that place where we can get clones* orders been stung?

• Advertisement

sssssh!

not so far i think

• Registered Users Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Out of paranoia we should probably stop putting up any more VAT information. Well, information about stores which aren't being charged any.

The recent stings are more than likely down to a stricter customs office after it was moved. Still though, you never know. Probably better to err on the side of caution.

Get the orders in while its still cheap lads

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Just wondering who much do Uncompany charge on shipping for and average 3kg AEG to here?

I'm not too worried with the ''after'' costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭16airassualt

has the different shippihg costs on the website.an aeg should be aroubd 35-45$

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

I.ve gotten 4 deliveries from UNcompany, 3 AEGs, each with some extras, and a package of mags and batteries, all 4 were in and about $110. Sorry but your going to have to pay for good service and good range of products:p
    They're a great company though, at the moment I'm getting an upgraded M14 along with a bipod, when they were upgrading it they noticed I hadn't ordered the adaptor to attach the bipod to the AEG, they simply sent me an email with a quote and a link to the adaptor so it could be added to my order.
    They're proffesional and considerate, a nice mix me thinks:D

Do any of the M4s on rsov have metal bodies?
    or will i have to go for classic army?

Mark_Sc wrote:
    Do any of the M4s on rsov have metal bodies?
    or will i have to go for classic army?

Im sure some of them do but you would be better off with CA anyway.

all the ones i can see on rsov are made by DBoys, paul has some of them at hrta which are plastic but he said that there is another version made by DBoys which is full metal...

CA arent necessarily the best from what i've heard, for the price you pay, apparently their quality control is not great, you could get one and nothing would be wrong, but you could also get a bad one which could cause alot of problems

Edit: just found one on rsov with a metal body here, not bad for £50

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Irish Trinity

you do know they do the prices in euro ?

Advertisement