Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

Gah! The fire selector switch popped off my G36C after only firing a couple of clips. I pushed it back on but now it won't click when I switch modes. I had a look at the diagram in the manual and it looks like I lost a tiny spring (didn't lose the tiny ball bearing for some reason though).

****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭whufee

any1 can tell me that if i placed an order from Uncompany, how long it takes to ship to IRL, for example AEG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,003 ✭✭✭Wossack

whufee wrote:
    any1 can tell me that if i placed an order from Uncompany, how long it takes to ship to IRL, for example AEG

lets just say, the longest part of the journey will be the time it spends in Ireland. My mp7 got to ireland and to my door in 3 days (over the weekend and everything)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

well, my order from redwolf arrived this morning, but there's customs charges on it, that's the first time i've ever got charged customs on anything, doh!

does anyone know what way the charges are calculated, not sure if it's 21% of value or what?

the value is listed as $387, but the vat is 80-odd euro, if it's meant to be 21%, then it looks like they charged the vat on the 387 value and didnt convert it back to euro.

Edit: nevermind, just rang customs, they charge vat on the total amount including shipping, bit ridiculous IMO, but them's the rules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

kdouglas wrote:
    the value is listed as $387, but the vat is 80-odd euro, if it's meant to be 21%, then it looks like they charged the vat on the 387 value and didnt convert it back to euro.

Even converting that to Euro (approx. €285 ), 80 is excessive if they're only charing 21% on the total. Should be in the region of 60 or so. Maybe there's an administration fee ?

How were you charged ? Do you pay the delivery guy, or do they just invoice you and you send on a cheque ?

• Advertisement

just edited my original post there, they charge vat on the total including shipping

the 80-odd is vat on it, then there is 10/11 euro on duty and 5euro post office clearance fee

pay the delivery guy when he arrives, either cash or cheque

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

kdouglas wrote:
    well, my order from redwolf arrived this morning, but there's customs charges on it, that's the first time i've ever got charged customs on anything, doh!

does anyone know what way the charges are calculated, not sure if it's 21% of value or what?

Edit: nevermind, just rang customs, they charge vat on the total amount including shipping, bit ridiculous IMO, but them's the rules

I know. It's crazy that they actually charge you VAT on the postage costs. They've a cheek to put VAT on a postal service that is done in another country. I can understand the physical item, and perhaps even the packaging, but the postage???? That's just wrong.

yup, and then there's the lovely handling charge, they charge you extra for the hassle of charging you vat/duty! with an post it's only €5 but with dhl (i think) one time my brother was charged about €15 handling charge ontop of the vat, the vat in this case was less than that

liamo333 wrote:
    Woooooo! The status of my gun has just changed to 'from customs'

same here! high5 :D

get ready to pay customs charges on that lads ;)

was talking to the delivery guy today, and he said ever since they moved customs from dublin to portlaoise they've become a lot more strict on checking packages for vat etc...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Ayup....my second package now has a status of "held by customs".

Lets hope they just calculate what's owed and let it go....pain in the butt if I have to write to 'em as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,597 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I know. It's crazy that they actually charge you VAT on the postage costs. They've a cheek to put VAT on a postal service that is done in another country. I can understand the physical item, and perhaps even the packaging, but the postage???? That's just wrong.

This really does my head in too. There's no logic to it. Just a way of them milking you for as much as possible.

kdouglas wrote:

so how much you spent in total? got bankrupt? haha ^^

whufee wrote:
    so how much you spent in total? got bankrupt? haha ^^

thankfully i'm not paying for it :D it's a birthday present ;)

kdouglas wrote:

great , happy birthday to u ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

kdouglas wrote:

The words 'Squad' and 'Firing' come to mind but not necessarily in that order.

Anyway, happy birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,597 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The words 'Squad' and 'Firing' come to mind but not necessarily in that order.

Anyway, happy birthday.

So many threats of this yet it never happens. We're a nice bunch really. :D

Happy birthday kdouglas. Make sure to extinguish your candles with bbs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Wooo! I got my g-spec and have been playing with it for the past 2 hours. Soooooooo nice!

thanks lads, i dont mind a firing squad, ill just be sure to put on extra padding :D

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

liamo333 wrote:
    Wooo! I got my g-spec and have been playing with it for the past 2 hours. Soooooooo nice!

Hey Liamo, Did you have to pay duty on it?

• Advertisement

USP came bout 6pm today, paid 30e duty - not too bad I guess ;) Im just happy its in my grubby little mits now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

MaxForce wrote:
    Hey Liamo, Did you have to pay duty on it?

Yeah E28, nothing too crasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

Thats decent enough.

oh, it came missing its front sight though.... :( the plastic slide I had replaced with a metal one, so perhaps it was forgotten about? or customs lost it... :(

hi, any1 can help me to calculate what is the total price of this order.

AEG @505 dollars
    batteries&charger @80 dollars
    3% off @585 dollars= 568 dollars
    shipping @90 dollars
    total@ 658 dollars
    ==487Euro
    so if i placed this order, how much i should pay in total? do i have to pay 21% VAT on top? any handing fees?????

what you'll pay directly to the retailer is what you have there, but if it goes through customs when it gets here (which alot have recently), a bit more for vat etc....

my order that arrived this week, i got charged customs on, basically it was:
    $519 - total incl p&p
    €11 - duty
    €85 - vat
    €5 - post office clearance fee

any customs/duty fees have to be paid to the delivery person at the door, so you'll want to have cash ready, probably about 120 euro looking at what you have there

''but if it goes through customs when it gets here ''
    why it goes through customs? it that happen all the time if i place order from out side of EU? how about on Ebay? or UK

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

If its from outside the EU customs will process it for VAT. I have ordered from fire support and did not have to deal with customs charges.

But it all depends on how it looks when its scanned weather customs will check it out and apply a handling charge.

if the order originates from within the eu, you wont have to pay customs charges on it.

but if it comes from anywhere outside the eu, you are supposed to pay customs charges, however quite often, packages from outside the eu do not go through customs and therefore no vat has to be paid on them (although technically it should)

it's kind of a luck of the draw type thing, although recently more orders seem to be getting charged customs

• Advertisement

got u! but i think it still cheaper than UK's retailters.........
    they are really evils !

Advertisement