Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

just received my cyma glock from rsov this morning, another smooth purchase from keith

didnt go through customs in portlaoise, came straight to my local mail centre according to tracking, so no customs charges, didnt check what the declared value was on it though

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

Got my Case today From ActionHobby (2 days ain't bad) was getting worried at one point when it said redirected to right address :/. the delivery guy left it at the local shop, as he couldn't be arsed to try find my house lol.

Oh, it was sent by ParcelFarce

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

Parcel force use some company beginning with a G here in Ireland, can't remember their name at the moment, but if you find it out, you'll find a forum here on boards dedicated to how crap they are. If I hadn't kept at them I never would have got my Glock18, it was just sitting in some warehouse in Blanch.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Orderd a propane adaptor off them at around 18:00 and got a e-mail off them saying it had been shipped at 21:00. Very impressed:D

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

Parcel force use some company beginning with a G here in Ireland, can't remember their name at the moment, but if you find it out, you'll find a forum here on boards dedicated to how crap they are. If I hadn't kept at them I never would have got my Glock18, it was just sitting in some warehouse in Blanch.:mad:

That would be GLS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

We wish!

First the company buys it from the manufacturer and pays government charges, import duty + shipping costs etc on it. They then sell it to you at a profit. You recieve it, and our glorious goverment then slaps 17.5% on the item, the packaging & the postage costs. Then there are the handling charges.

And along the way, customs will hold it for 2 weeks & possible lose part of the package or demand a firearms license. And then they release it to An Post who will then lose the rest of the package.

Ahh right. But do we pay the 17.5 on stuff coming in from the UK as well. My point been, if I go over and buy a gun in a UK shop I am been charged VAT on it there and then.Will I not pay the same VAT on it if I buy it off the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

MaxForce wrote:
    Ahh right. But do we pay the 17.5 on stuff coming in from the UK as well. My point been, if I go over and buy a gun in a UK shop I am been charged VAT on it there and then.Will I not pay the same VAT on it if I buy it off the internet?

Customs tag on the 17.5% for items that are bought from outside the EU. stuff bought in the UK would have VAT included in the price already.

I think....

Customs tag on the 17.5% for items that are bought from outside the EU. stuff bought in the UK would have VAT included in the price already.

I think....

21% i thought?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

I heard 21% too... and its not vat that customs charge you its tax

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I believe the EU common rate is 17.5% which is what customs charge

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

hmm its 21% here anyway cos thats what i keep getting charged :/

Wheres the best place to get propane adaptors

Mark_Sc wrote:
    I heard 21% too... and its not vat that customs charge you its tax

VAT= Value Added Tax :D
    they actually charge you VAT + Duty + PO Clearance Charge

as far as i'm aware, airsoft-innovations.com is the only company manufacturing propane adapter's at the moment, there are a few other shops that sell them, but they are just resellers

EyesOnly wrote:
    hmm its 21% here anyway cos thats what i keep getting charged :/

Maybe they just don't like you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

Mark_Sc wrote:
    Wheres the best place to get propane adaptors

as far as I know theres only one place - which automatically makes it the best (and worse) place to get em

http://www.airsoft-innovations.com/

liamo333 wrote:
    Orderd a propane adaptor off them at around 18:00 and got a e-mail off them saying it had been shipped at 21:00. Very impressed:D

I just ordered a hfc m19 off rsov so im gonna need one of those
    How much did it cost you?

they are $30 on airsoft-innovations.com

and apparently:
    Sexy Nickel-plated finish makes a great anniversary gift

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭16airassualt

i ordered an aeg from wolfarmouries last wed and it still isint here,should i be getting worried?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Not at all, i've never ordered from them, but you should have it by the end of the week. If not, i'd send them an email.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,555 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

i ordered an aeg from wolfarmouries last wed and it still isint here,should i be getting worried?:(

Sure it hasn't even been in transit 4 days! Relax. :)

• Advertisement

thanks,all ive been doing all morning was looking out the window waiting for the postman...i think ive reached a new low:( :D

Master of the Universe

thanks,all ive been doing all morning was looking out the window waiting for the postman...i think ive reached a new low:( :D

We've all been there! :D

o1s1n wrote:
    We've all been there! :D

Yeah, I even camped out in my postmans front garden and followed him to work for a week.

Master of the Universe

Yeah, I even camped out in my postmans front garden and followed him to work for a week.

Anyone else and I'd think that was an attempt at humour ;)

im going to cancel the order i have with wolfarmouries because ive been told that ive been ripped off:mad:and it was be a week and a half before it was going to be shipped,im going to place a new order with uncompany and i was just wondering does anyone know do they ship you chargers with the irish plug???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

liamo333 wrote:

Just got it today. 3 working days, not bad.

liamo333 wrote:
    Just got it today. 3 working days, not bad.

they're pretty damn fast alright

I placed an order on rsov for the hfc M92 and a bell spare mag, all fine , E120 shipped.... exept when i go to the my orders page it says that it has been delivered???? i only placed the order on sunday and im sure you have guessed it hasnt arrived. My last order with Keith went swimingly and arrived after 4 or 5 days, but it dousnt say anything about it in the my orders page.

Anybody had any of these experiences?

last time i ordered from rsov, the order page on the website said delivered once it had been shipped, but it hadnt actually been delivered to me, it's probably just when keith marks it as shipped, the website says delivered instead.

Edit: just had a look there, i have an order which was shipped this morning from rsov, but it's marked as delivered on the website too, wouldnt be worried about it tbh

did you get a tracking number for it?

• Advertisement

I expected as much, did your order show up in order history?
    I made my order just at the end of the chinese new year when he was swamped with orders so i reckon he just diddnt have time to do it

Advertisement