Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paranormal TV Shows (megamerge)

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I'm stuck into series 4 of "A Haunting" at the momnent (well the first 2 anyway, I think they are running out os "True Stories" at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I have watched a couple of newish ones called "Psychic Investigations" an American show on Living TV and it sucks. There is a Tony Stockwell, Colin Fry & Tiggs one that is alot more bareable .... still not great though.

TAPS is still the TOPS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Cordine

KtK wrote: »
    Always watch stuff like this with an open, but questioning mind. If it seems too ott to be true, chances are it is. Most Haunted started out with very good intentions, as you will see if you watch the earlier episodes (youll know them by Yvies short hair) but as it turned into Living TVs cash cow, they had to pull off bigger and bigger shocks to keep their ratings. I believe they have cheated, I also believe they have had some real stuff happen. The problem is telling the difference.

You're absolutely right this is tv not real life and things can be very easily faked. I never did believe Derek Acorah and I thought he was a fake from the get go. That guy does more channeling then planters has peanuts. Unfortunately if there is some truth to the program its overshadowed by all the rumors of fakery. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Cordine

6th wrote: »
    I have watched a couple of newish ones called "Psychic Investigations" an American show on Living TV and it sucks. There is a Tony Stockwell, Colin Fry & Tiggs one that is alot more bareable .... still not great though.

TAPS is still the TOPS.

I watched an episode of TAPS and was rather disappointed. There debunking left allot to be desired. For example in the episode that I watched they were in the basement of a tavern trying to explain the smell of roses that the tavern owners daughter I do believe smelled along with a feeling of someone there with her. TAPS found a hole in the wall and with a very quick experiment in which they went outside and sprayed perfume around the hole entrance. Then went back in side and stood in the basement and reasonably enough could smell the perfume. They then deduced that they had debunked it. This is where I have a problem.

A, Nobody established where the sent of roses came from. The only rose bush was at the back of the house.

B, There was a flower shop across the street but no one from TAPS took the time to go over and see if they sold roses or had them outside during store hours.

Over all I found it to be a poor debunking job. Yes they did prove scent can be smelled through the hole in the basement but that was it. They did not explain the rose smell or how it was achieved. Very bad debunking in my eyes. If you're going to try and prove something is fake or not paranormal be thorough. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

There's a new show on a&e called Paranormal State.At first I thought it was an actual drama but after looking atthe first one its obviously a doc.Kinda like dog the bounty hunter but with a group of paranormal investigators. Any one interested in seeing it let me know and if its allowed I can post links to them on rapidshare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭ladybirdirl

I've gotten into Ghost Whisperer over the Xmas...realy Hollywood stuff but rather enjoyable

Ladybird

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Thanks Meatwad, but it's not allowed to post rapidshare links. Well rapidshare links are ok as long as they're not to copyrighted materials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

Supernatural has started back on TV3, great series. Its was on on Sunday at 12 am when I taped it, not sure if its on earlier in the week at an earlier time?

Ok folks there's a new Paranormal Section over on BOARDS.tv to discuss all your favourite shows! Its only new and BOARDS.tv isn't booming yet but it will be a great spot to talk about a lot of shows. Its anot about believing in the Paranormal its about enjoying the shows and talking about cast, episodes, ideas etc.

Link click on the links above or on the image in my sig ;)

Anyone catch that show The Real Exorcist on virgin 1 last night.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

no, was it good? those shows can be great or really bad, was it the one where they have to old american guy who has been at it for years, but it not an official Exorcist ?

Stoner wrote: »
    no, was it good? those shows can be great or really bad, was it the one where they have to old american guy who has been at it for years, but it not an official Exorcist ?

This was an american minster who has claimed he does exorcisims all over the world. He was in England Last night and I have to say it was the biggest load of crap I have ever seen. Either these people were acting or this guy is really dangerous to people who have a mental illness. there was only one guy a man who practiced wiccan who seemed to have any sense or even challenged this guy. Put it this way one poor guy said he was having dreams of eating a meal with his dead grandmother and according to this guy he was consorting with the devil. I could be wrong of course and the tv production edited out a lot of what was said but OMG its bad. Although in saying that I might watch it next time to see if it gets better.

It was on at 10pm last night on Virgin 1 so may check out when it will be on again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Completely agree, what a load of bollocks. Completely staged. It de-religionised (sorry its the only way i can describe it) the exorcising of spirits so as not to appear to be of any particular religion! Just hold an angry tone and say Out with ya alot!!

Terrible telly!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

Have gotten into ghost hunters recently, really like it so far. I agree with some of their debunking, sometimes its fairly obvious but other times they are reaching a little.

One of the episodes I've watched yesterday had some good evp. They were in a baby shop and the owners thought that a family friend was still there. They asked to speak to jean and got a reply "there is no jean here" and when asked another question got "please just leave us alone" or something like that. They were very clear evps. Is their any controversy behind GH or TAPS? I'd be annoyed if I got into to find it was just a MH2 :D

Watched A Haunting for the first time the other week and I really like this programme, I am sure a lot of what is been said and done on the programme can be explained or maybe just looked at the wrong way but what I like about it is its real peoples stories and regardless of how daft or exterme the happenings are to some people it gives the story of the events occuring to these families more or less through the eyes of the families. Enjoyed it, and its one to record to watch at a more convient time lol.

Couldn't bring myself to watch a second espoide of The Real Exorcist, just too mind numbingly stupid imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

kshiel wrote: »
    Watched A Haunting for the first time the other week and I really like this programme, I am sure a lot of what is been said and done on the programme can be explained or maybe just looked at the wrong way but what I like about it is its real peoples stories and regardless of how daft or exterme the happenings are to some people it gives the story of the events occuring to these families more or less through the eyes of the families. Enjoyed it, and its one to record to watch at a more convient time lol.

Couldn't bring myself to watch a second espoide of The Real Exorcist, just too mind numbingly stupid imo.

I like that too, but is it just me or are 90% of the stories, family find house of their dreams, its a bit run down but they'll fix it up. They hear noises, start seeing things, child gets possesed by demon they move out and house is left empty.

Anyone watching that new series Fringe. Love Walter in this.

Fringe is possibly one of the best shows ever made and Walter Bishop is a legend! FACT.

The writers and researchers really do an amazing job. For me its shows like this rather than ghosthunting shows that give me my passion for the paranormal.

Sadotage wrote: »
    Fringe is possibly one of the best shows ever made and Walter Bishop is a legend! FACT.

The writers and researchers really do an amazing job. For me its shows like this rather than ghosthunting shows that give me my passion for the paranormal.

Have to agree me too, oh the possabilities....:D:rolleyes::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I watched a marathon of The Mentalist Sunday morning. Was pretty good (although I'll admit, my brain wasn't quite working).

• Advertisement
Advertisement