Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paranormal TV Shows (megamerge)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

Must say will probaly watch MH this time myself again, Trannsylvina would be some spot to visit. 6th is the girl the one who was in the nursery with Stoner, you and me? Best of luck to her anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

With all this talk of it being fake My scepticism has ben restored although I did hear a heavy sigh when ever Yvette was about to speak, and the mobile phone footage was unbeliveable and I mean that as I really don't believe it was real. Unfortunately I fell asleep before the end so i don't know what happened.

I did see the vaults in Edinburgh and I had been there during the summer before the live show. I did feel a strange atmosphere when I was walking around.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

So 'hot chick' you come on here to slag off someone or do you have anything to add?

I only got to see maybe first half hour of the whole show. Was it any good? the castle looked amazing, and it did look like it was gearing up to be a good show. Were we all on the edge of our seats or let down deary.

Can you believe I missed it .... very busy bunny.

• Advertisement

I was all set up for it, everything sorted and bam everything falls apart, a well I am sure we will get the load down on it from the good folks here.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Aisling&M

We watched it for a while just to see the castles a bit. I was in Bran Castle which has similar connections to Vlad Tepes but really didn't feel any presences there.
    It was interesting towards the end of the show when carl was 'overwhelmed'/'overcome' with the energy.....yadda yadda yadda.......
    I didn't really give much thought as to whether the programme was real or legitimate but last night I heard distinctly 'fake' from my subconscious and switched to Discovery travel and living ! :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

'hot chick' this forum isn't for having a go at others or their beliefs, and claiming that your opinion is 'fact' does not make it any more acceptable. If you want to continue posting here, familiarise yourself with the forum charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Some bad acting and a bit of domestic violence!
    I have to say I enjoyed the show though for entertainment value.
    I do like David Wells and I do think he is genuine and what I actually liked in this show was the fact that he didn't come up with some of the characters that were expected (i.e a woman who killed (or had killed) other women for sexual pleasure and bathed in their blood :eek: ) indicating that he genuinely just didn't get a sense of this woman, she simply didn't come through. There again she was one of the lesser known characters from the castle's history and perhaps (consiously or sub consciously) he only talked about the ones he already knew of along with the odd soldier and lots of torture and blood.. couldn't really go wrong!

Other than Karl and Stuart doing their usual stunts (karl becoming evil.. thus the slap from Yvette) there wasn't much going on except some tappings etc.
    Oh there was some interesting "ghost" footage taken on a mobile phone by one of the security guards but they were able to recreate it the next day at exactly the same time... sunlight casting shadows at a particularly angle. it looked good though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Hey

I watched it too. Must say even though i keep watching the programme, i have yet to find anything good or concrete in it - even though i am not a skeptic!!

Karl puts me off that whole show tbh. i dunno if hes putting it on or believes its happening but it ALWAYS happens to Karl. Apparently he and Stuart were rendered unconscious and other stuff happened to them.

I found myself shouting at the tv, they have cameras with them, why does it always happen when the cameras are pointing elsewhere or turned off?

Also watched the webcams, saw nothing. The castle was magnificent and i like David so entertainment wise i found it ok but was left disappointed at the lack of 'hauntings'!

Recently discovered the Sixth Sense with Colin Fry and have to say i think that is very good. Its on FTN 8-9 monday to friday - he is good!

• Advertisement

Colin Fry is excellent and a nice guy too. 6thSense is a good show and I'm glad it doesnt get the ammount attention MH does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭sensitive_soul

I was on Access all Areas on Saturday night.....been in touch with Antix since last September, even have their mobile numbers.......and what made me lose faith in MOST HAUNTED (well I have for 2 years now, but thats another story) I text them Saturday night, after the show to ask if Karl was alright and no reply, AS MUCH TO SAY 'It's ACTING love, of course he's fine).

I never liked Karl, off camera last year he was teasing David, cracking Gay jokes to others infront of him, ABOUT him and calling him 'BIG DAVE'....Derek Acorah left because it was all acting, he was asked to act and didnt agree..a mate of mine is a close friends with him...

Anyway, Saturday REALLY took the cake, Id been talking to them for months and when I asked if Karl was ok...it was washed off..... I only went on cause I love being on TV..I asked if Yvette and Stuart (the guy responsible for the rappings you hear) if they were meditating or seeking mentorship for their increased apparent sensitivity.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭imprezza

Did anyone see A Haunting in Ireland it was shown on discovery all round the world starting halloween in the states , its a documentry about the baby ghost in galway a few years ago. One of the scariest stories ever, not entertainmet like the mh show, their calling it the Irish Amytyville and I think theres a film being made about it. The story is in this months Chat its fate magazine too. Great to see Ireland being put on the paranormal map too, its usually just castles not families as 6th says, and this family are just simple people but ther experiences were terrifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭nitefox

Hi Reaphoenix how are you and everybody?. I have to agree with 6th aswell regards to Derek Acorah and getin possessed all the time, also I don't think MH is very intelligent i do think it is fake myself but other people have there own views on it they might say it is real i look at it some times it gaves be a good lol you know, back to Derek Acorah if he was sensitive in any way to go around letting yourself get possessed-it must leave a mark on you so i think he eithr mad for getin into those sitaritons or he is just actin been possessed.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭feelio

What is the best ghosthunting programme/series?Is Most Haunted really that bad or am i just gullable to believe what they do?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Well feelio, I like the " A Haunting " shows on discovery.

I think MH is fake , but you do get to see some fairly "active" places and hear about the history of them etc, so I guess it's better than nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭ghosthunter73

Hello everyone,
    If anyone has the Sci-Fi channel and you can get "ghost Hunters" it's a show with a group we all know TAPS. I think these guys are reasonably good. I have seen shows where they go to a location set up their equipment and by the end of the night they just said there was nothing here we saw or picked up with our equipment.
    They don't use mediums that I have seen more of a scientific approach. Any evidence they do get they put up on their site so you can decide for yourself.
    I think that's reasonable.
    What do you guys think?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

mmm... ive seen them get people walking around on infra red.. A little bit OTT so i never watched it again.

Reasonably good? These guys do it as well as anybody and better than most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Major Medum fan myself and thankfully season 4 will be starting in the States in January as part of the mid-season line-up. Although there is a chance, fingers crossed, that one of the new shows will flop and they may start Medium earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Aisling&M

GHOST WHISPERER New Season starts tonight at 9pm on Living TV! :)
    Enjoy!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

GHOST WHISPERER is like "haunted Fair City" can't stand the program, Kshiels will be tuned in though:)

Hey! I like Fair City!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I used to watch MH all the time a few years back, have a passing interest in hauntings and such, but what started to turn me off was that things always seemed to happen to the same members every episode. They always sent the same girls off together on their own and Yvette was always being touched or hearing things noone else heard.

What took the biscuit for me though was when watching it live nothing happened over the space of about 45 minutes, all of a sudden Karl falls over saying "something pushed him, and they say "Come back after the break for more". Nice timing eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Poltergoose

Personally I think Karl and Staurt fake everything that happens to them.All the major occurances seem to happen around them.I think David Wells is genuine and Yvette, Ciaran and Kat are honest enough, but those two lads Karl and Stuart turn me right off the show sometimes.
    Ghost Hunters is good but never know when its on.

Well seeing as Yvette & Karl are married (afaik) I think they are the driving force between anything that does or doesnt happen on that show.

Stoner wrote:
    GHOST WHISPERER is like "haunted Fair City" can't stand the program, Kshiels will be tuned in though:)

I am Iam and I am even recording the series on my new sky+ box yippeee :D

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

hi guys
    have to say,most haunted is gone really sad,its the same people getting attacked,or pushed or feeling sick,its gone over the top.
    ghosthunters is back wahooooooooo,theres also another one thats not bad from new zealand on reality tv ghosthunt the new series starts in november.
    i dont watch fair city ,im not into zombies, even ones fake dublin accents.

sorry kim and 6th:D

Welcome aboard Danny. It took ya long enough :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

kshiel wrote:
    Welcome aboard Danny. It took ya long enough :D
    why thank you kim,ive been very busy trying to keep you busy,lol:p

Advertisement