Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paranormal TV Shows (megamerge)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Ah Gail Porter she's a close second to Jane Goldman another 10 paranormal women and we've got a calender!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

6th wrote:
    Ah Gail Porter she's a close second to Jane Goldman another 10 paranormal women and we've got a calender!

I'd certainly buy that anyway!

...so long as Yvette Fielding isn't on it anyway... ¬_¬

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

6th wrote:
    Ok, girls send the man your photos!:D

I'm waiting!

On a serious note there is a Paranormal Calender in the pipeline and everyone can get involved!

6th wrote:
    I'm waiting!

On a serious note there is a Paranormal Calender in the pipeline and everyone can get involved!

I don't care how many sales it would bring in, but I'm not doing any topless pics! :p

Kidding!

Anyway, what would you need for this paranormal calender?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

Cactus Col wrote:
    how did he oust acorah? ... not a regular watcher of most haunted
    see the kreed kafer linky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

sixth wrote:
    I'll shave my pits specially.
    rondeco wrote:
    Great one last night with the tv turning off and the shadow in the mirror. Plus they use EVP more ofen which usually guarantees a sleepless night for me!
    reminded me of a dream last night. I was just dozing off and while I had turned the stereo off before shutting the eyes, I must have been dreaming I was still listening to it. I felt too tired to move but really wanted to turn it off when the song that was playing ended and the silence was filled up with static. I knew what was going to happen next and sure enough a creepy voice broke through and said "it's me....Harry". At which point I told myself I had turned off the stereo, that I must be dreaming and was kinda relieved to open my eyes and find out I was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

solas wrote:
    see the kreed kafer linky.

cheers! should have spotted that!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Does that not annoy you :mad:
    No, but I can see how it would annoy some people. I just end up in hysterics.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Well i watched it last night and was well impressed. See the thing is when he said his battery was going dead we have to take his word for it . We have experienced a drain in battery power on site. He also felt fingers brush off his face which can be an examlpe of sensory deprivation, i experienced this too but I want to keep an open mind about it .
    I can understand that it is easy to believe the knocks on the walls when they are in Kinnity having a conversation with whatever is down there but again unless i experience this myself its very hard to believe.

• Advertisement

Kinnity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

David acorah is a yob. I have perfect judgment of him, just by observing him, i know what hes like and what kind of an upbringing he might of had, I can easily see how works people, he ain't psychic, but it's all in how he project himself. Get's paid for a job from people who are gullable to believe in his stuff.

I e acts like a child would, let's face it, children do the things he does on small scale. Come's accross like a guy who has a troubled childhood.

Drama queen

Complusive disorder

Bull****ter

Attention seeker

He has done nothing that is psychic, mysterious, amazing etc.

Funnnily enough all those words seems to have a simalar meaning.

6th wrote:
    Kinnity?

Sorry I meant Kinnitty , Note the sig :p . Yeah the investigation they did there was on last night.

ah right i wasnt being a spelling nazi i just thought you mean our trip to "charleville" - oops

6th wrote:
    ah right i wasnt being a spelling nazi i just thought you mean our trip to "charleville" - oops

actually i have just read over what I posted and realised that unless its me reading it , its confusing.

What I should have included was that the Most Haunted Crew did an investigation in Kinnitty Castle and when they went down to the gym they heard baning on the walls . Acorah (spelling?) and the Historian fella accompanied by two of the production crew were communicating by having the ?Spirit? bang once for yes and twice for no. Anyway the girls freaked out and ran screaming. It was all a bit "Hollywood" to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I liked MH but recently haven't bothered watching it! I do find Acorah to be very convincing. When he spits out all the info and names etc he isn't saying it as if he rehearsed some lines. If he is then he is probably one of the best actors we have ever seen.

I'd say on the live shows they are under pressure for something to happen but I wouldn't go as far as other posters are saying that he is a total fake! People who don't believe claim everybody is a fake and a liar which doesn't really work for me.

Apparently, parapsychologist Dr Ciaran O'Keeffe who worked on the show claims the whole thing is faked! If you do a google on it you will read an article he did for the Mirror paper!

I lifted this from the Mirror Website dated October 2005

SPOOKY TRUTH: TV'S MOST HAUNTED CON EXPOSED TV
    By Matt Roper
    THE TV show that has spooked millions with its footage of hauntings and poltergeists is today exposed as a fake - by one its own stars.

Resident parapsychologist Dr Ciaran O'Keeffe has sensationally lifted the lid on the ghosthunting series, Most Haunted ... and claims that the public are being deceived by "showmanship and dramatics."

He accuses the show's medium Derek Acorah of hoodwinking viewers by pretending to communicate with spirits and obtaining information about locations prior to filming.

The Mirror has also obtained unedited footage which appears to show presenter Yvette Fielding and her husband faking 'paranormal' occurrences such as ghostly bumps and knocks.

Most Haunted has quickly achieved cult status since it was launched in 2002 and is LivingTV's most successful programme.

Millions of viewers tune in regularly to watch Ex-Blue Peter girl Yvette and her team of ghost hunters spend the night in some of Britain's most haunted locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

py2006 wrote:
    Apparently, parapsychologist Dr Ciaran O'Keeffe who worked on the show claims the whole thing is faked! If you do a google on it you will read an article he did for the Mirror paper!

Personnaly, I find that article to have two major flaws;
    1; it's written in the Mirror, personnally I wouldn't read the paper, but any time I have flicked through it I have found it to be badly written, sensationalist & questionable with regard to alot of articles
    2; if the article is an accurate description of what happened or is happening on the show, then how come no other papers picked up on such a good story
    3; What Ciaran O'Keefe did was entrapment, while he does have a job to do, entrapment dliberate entrapment does not stand up a legal evidence in court. The reason when is that it leads someone to do what you what them to do.
    4; If Ciaran O'Keefe believes that that show is faked surely he would of left the show and disassociated himself from any further shows. This callls into question IMHO his own credibility.

I don't beleive that the show is faked, but I do think that it is "spiced up".

All true Gillo plus the courts couldnt not rule the show as misleading and according to a source of mine the courts gave favour to the show but could only claim it as "entertainment" as to give it any validity would open up too many other questions.

Of course in sayin that i believe they over react and dont go about things the right way, this added with the fact they have the pressure of having to deliever makes for a bit of common sense on the part of the viewer.

• Advertisement

unfortunatly it dapens what could be seen as true paranormal activity and what could be faked when one is watching it.

I have a question. why is the camera always on their faces? I mean surely if they were trying to capture true footage it would be prudent to keep the camera on the area they are looking at.

When they are doing some of the vigals they only have handheld videos and are using them themselves, they turn it to their faces to talk into it - plus its more atmospheric (like blair witch ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 anthony_23_Dub

i have to admit i never believed in ghosts spirits etc until a few weeks ago when i started watching most haunted and now im glued to it at 12am on living tv

my question is : people say Derek Acorah is a fake and that he was set up be for my Ciaran O Keefe and was found out,so how can u believe everything he says now ? it sort of puts a dampner on the whole thing,I like Derek he seems real and makes programme interesting.

Last night 11th May 2006 they where in Lesley Castle in Ireland and he was apparently possesed but how much do you believe he was because he's meant to be a fraud

Always watch stuff like this with an open, but questioning mind. If it seems too ott to be true, chances are it is. Most Haunted started out with very good intentions, as you will see if you watch the earlier episodes (youll know them by Yvies short hair) but as it turned into Living TVs cash cow, they had to pull off bigger and bigger shocks to keep their ratings. I believe they have cheated, I also believe they have had some real stuff happen. The problem is telling the difference.

have a look at the forum page and you'll see 2 more threads about most haunted in the last week or so. You should find out what people think there. Good mix of opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I've completely lost interest in Most Haunted recently, the whole "ghost hunting on TV" industry has gotten kind of crazy. I can still enjoy the shows but I really don't take it seriously.

(Also, I find about five or six questions marks to be sufficient for most needs...)

Zillah wrote:
    (Also, I find about five or six questions marks to be sufficient for most needs...)
    Whatever happened to freedom of expression????????????:D

KatieK wrote:
    Whatever happened to freedom of expression????????????:D

The bad people took that away. :(

One thing that does annoy me about the programme is the way they play music in the background when you are trying to listen out for the noises they are claiming to hear!!

Also, I think Yvette ruins the whole thing for me. She is so annoying with her screaming an panic attacks.

• Advertisement

py2006 wrote:
    One thing that does annoy me about the programme is the way they play music in the background when you are trying to listen out for the noises they are claiming to hear!!

It is al done very well in order to produce somthing. Likewise (comparing to the only thing I know) In the archaeologist program Time Team i had a conversation with Mick Aston,the Consultant Archaeologist on the program or the guy in the stripey jumper with the crazy hair . He said that when they are on digs and find nothing they still have to make a show about "finding nothing" through dialogue ect. This is due to the cost of making that show and obviously the money cant be wasted. Im assuming its the same in Most Haunted to produce "somthing" even if they find no actual paranormal activity on one site, however just like in Time Team (much better IMO:D ) they do often find what they are looking for

Advertisement