Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laying down AA Pre Flop

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

I've ploughed through this highly amusing thread but not one poster has asked the very pertinent question and what you are all thinking about......

"You are at the ME of the WSOP in the BB and its the first hand. For some reason the whole table goes mad and everyone goes all-in with manical laughter, you look down at two aces "in the hole". Do you call????? Well do you????"

Me so funny :D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ollyk1 wrote:
    "You are at the ME of the WSOP in the BB and its the first hand. For some reason the whole table goes mad and everyone goes all-in with manical laughter, you look down at two aces "in the hole". Do you call????? Well do you????"
    Do all of their cards magically flip over to reveal lots of different things? Well?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

ollyk1 wrote:
    I've ploughed through this highly amusing thread but not one poster has asked the very pertinent question and what you are all thinking about......

Me so funny :D
    it depends on my read on others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Thread of the month, without a doubt. Very enjoyable for the most part. And to think it went untouched for nearly 24 hours!

Moral of the story: Never admit to folding Aces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Flipper

Moral of the story: Never admit to folding Aces.

I've learnt that the hard way :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭marius

Gholimoli wrote:
    yeah we are all 2 polite of late.
    what ever happend to the days of ppl calling ppl monkeys,donkeys ,parrots,clowns,muppets...

I think reading this forum was the first time I saw the term Ass Clown....now a particular favourite of mine.

And to stay on topic - never fold Aces etc. etc.

marius wrote:
    I think reading this forum was the first time I saw the term Ass Clown....now a particular favourite of mine.

And to stay on topic - never fold Aces etc. etc.
    i believe that term was used by NickyOd to describe my self.

Gholimoli wrote:
    i believe that term was used by NickyOd to describe my self.
    And quite apt too I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Flipper wrote:
    Why? Do you find it funny when you look at your own poker "career" and realise that you've never been invited to a televised event in your life? I only sell shares so that other people can have an interest.

You really are a moron.

What has been asked to play a televised event got to do with your abillity to play poker?

You make a few horrible plays in a major tournament get lucky win a few quid and now you're here trying to defend one of the baddest plays you could possibly make with nonsense.

While trying to put down another player because they haven't been on tv?

ant and dec were invited to play a televised event recently.....I suppose that makes them top pro's?

I used to ignore the rubbish I used to hear about you, but you really are a fuc*ing idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

ntlbell wrote:
    You really are a moron.

What has been asked to play a televised event got to do with your abillity to play poker?

You make a few horrible plays in a major tournament get lucky win a few quid and now you're here trying to defend one of the baddest plays you could possibly make with nonsense.

ant and dec were invited to play a televised event recently.....I suppose that makes them top pro's?

I used to ignore the rubbish I used to hear about you, but you really are a fuc*ing idiot.

Get off the fence Ntl and tell us what you really think about him!!

LMAO.

I hope you girls can sort this out headsup style and I can watch.

• Advertisement

ntlbell wrote:
    You really are a moron.

"just when i thought i was out ,they pull me right back innnnnnnnnn"
    Don Corleone.

ntlbell wrote:
    You really are a moron.

LOL! Every post you've made in this thread has been completely derogatory towards me. I made the statement that you quoted to wind up RoundTower who obviously found something hilarious in the content of my signature. I'm not going to go the same road as you by name-calling like a 12 year old but you might notice that people who do act like that predominately look like dipsh*ts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Scouser in Dub

maybe I should refrain from posing the question in future, still helps pass work time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

the summer heat again?

I wholeheartedly agree this is the thread of the month.

NTL will you get your sh1t together and respond quickly.
    ppl are waiting and im bored in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,326 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Folding AAJT double suited in Bingo never causes the same arguments.

Flipper wrote:
    LOL! Every post you've made in this thread has been completely derogatory towards me. I made the statement that you quoted to wind up RoundTower who obviously found something hilarious in the content of my signature. I'm not going to go the same road as you by name-calling like a 12 year old but you might notice that people who do act like that predominately look like dipsh*ts.

No you made the statement in that hope that it gives your nonsense talk some credibility.

if you don't find the offer in your signature after your comments on this thread frigging hillarious then you're more delusional than I first thought.

Time for a reality check my friend.

Yours Truly

Resident Dip****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Gholimoli wrote:
    yeah we are all 2 polite of late.
    what ever happend to the days of ppl calling ppl monkeys,donkeys ,parrots,clowns,muppets...

Hey, I resemble that remark ;)

ntlbell wrote:
    Yours Truly

Resident Dip****

Well at least we agree on something

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Jerry Jerry Jerry!!

• Advertisement

you go girlfriend!!!!

"im talking down town"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

so just to clarify, folding AA preflop is always the right move right?

what about 72o...I have a 27% win rate with this hand according to PT, so should I play it more aggressively?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Iago wrote:
    what about 72o...I have a 27% win rate with this hand according to PT, so should I play it more aggressively?
    That's a very low win rate, :eek: possibly try limping and check calling down to the river and this should improve...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jacQues

Iago wrote:
    so just to clarify, folding AA preflop is always the right move right?

Only 27%?!? :eek:

You must be playing that hand badly then! You have to drive the hammer!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Ntlbell final warning for the moron remark.
    Everyone else shutup plz with the off-topic banter and goading.
    If you can't discuss thing politely then don't post at all. ty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

yeah I was thinking that I play it way too tight passive. I'll have to start open raising with it more, and I definitely don't 3 bet preflop enough, but where I think it all falls down is post flop.

Say I've open-raised UTG with 7s 2c and there's been a re-raise and call from CO and the Button, I would tend to flat call here. So the flop comes down Ad Qd 2h, I bet half-pot and the CO folds, button re-raises and I tend to fold.

What I should be doing is pushing here because obviously the turn is going to be the 7c and I'll scoop it all. Must play more aggressively!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Benglian

I have no idea who flipper is.

But to go totally against the grain...
    Surely if you only win with the AA 50% of the time then it is only correct to call those 50% of the times that you would win?
    The only thing that makes calling all the time correct is the unknown outcome of calling.
    Flipper, having made the decision to fold, was lucky enough to have chosen one of those occasions when folding was correct, no?
    So, I say, on this occasion, good fold!
    But don't ever, ever, do it again!
    Odds are you'll be wrong next time.

Benglian wrote:
    I have no idea who flipper is.

But to go totally against the grain...
    Surely if you only win with the AA 50% of the time then it is only correct to call those 50% of the times that you would win?
    The only thing that makes calling all the time correct is the unknown outcome of calling.
    Flipper, having made the decision to fold, was lucky enough to have chosen one of those occasions when folding was correct, no?
    So, I say, on this occasion, good fold!
    But don't ever, ever, do it again!
    Odds are you'll be wrong next time.
    LMAO

"So, I say, on this occasion, good fold!"

:D:D:D
    after nearly 6 pages of discussion on this topic you still couldnt get it !:confused:

• Advertisement

ngbbs4431ed357a017.jpg

Advertisement