Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sticky of online stores that accept Laser / Maestro Card?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭imokyrok

Spocker wrote: »

About time! I opened an account with Ulster Bank a year or so ago just so I could get the Visa Debit card. It's terrific. I arrange for my childrens allowance to go into the account directly so there's some money for online purchases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭[Steve]

Dabs.ie

Just placed an order with them with a Maestro/Laser card. Works.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

[Steve] wrote: »
    Dabs.ie

Just placed an order with them with a Maestro/Laser card. Works.
    Are you sure? Do you just use the Mastro option for laser? There's not straight-up Laser option.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭[Steve]

LiamN wrote: »
    Are you sure? Do you just use the Mastro option for laser? There's not straight-up Laser option.

I used the Maestro/Switch/Solo option.. seemed most obvious.

It went through and all confirmed the order, but got an e-mail saying it was declined, today. I can't be bothered waiting for a 3V card to arrive, so I went with Pixmania. So yeah. Laser is so useless/the irish sites are so useless at accepting it. Why do they bother putting the Maestro symbol on there. Dumbfounds me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Laser is not a Maestro debit card, and Laser will only ever be accepted if the retailer is specifically set up to accept it. Dabs is a UK site, so highly unlikely to ever accept it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bluecatface

Found a store that will also accept laser http://www.woodworker.ie a great online store for tools , hardware and supplies for woodworking

Apple Store has changed address; store.apple.ie -> store.apple.com/ie

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Zatoichi wrote: »
    http://www.gamersgate.co.uk

Good alternative to Steam for PC games.
    Does this site accept laser? I don't see any option for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Juxtapose

Not sure if its been mentioned but http://strings.ie accepts laser, and the lads are really sound.. sort or order in most things you could ask for..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 dasanimal

ya they do take laser..i bought something there last week

Hairy Baby should be hairybaby.com (current link is a crappy blog, not the store)
    Funkymunkydesigns.com is dead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

I just got over 100 euros worth of books dispatched from amazon using my laser card..

Happy Days

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Really? Is your laser an AIB laser or other bank? They dont seem to accept laser cards though :confused:

BOI Laser with the maestro and cirrus logo on the back its never worked before today. :confused: getting delivered tomorrow.!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Seems legit.

I ordered some stuff there, and when I entered my card details, it recognised it as a Maestro. Order went through fine. Waiting to see do they dispatch now!

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Seems legit.

I ordered some stuff there, and when I entered my card details, it recognised it as a Maestro. Order went through fine. Waiting to see do they dispatch now!
    Got the email there to confirm one of my items has shipped, and the money has been deducted from my account too! Over the moon about this!

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭the watchman

There was talk sometime back about Lazer disappearing.
    I love my Lazer. Will be most unhappy if that goes:(...

Books delivered... delighted. No credit card bill...!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,149 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

So Amazon accept Laser now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

J. Marston wrote: »
    So Amazon accept Laser now?

I contacted Amazon a minute ago and they said they do not accept ROI-based Laser cards.
    I have an AIB Maestro laser card. I want to stop using my AIB Visa credit card, so I am disappointed that Amazon don't accept Irish laser.

I'm interested in knowing how the posters here got theirs to work. How did they enter their laser details in the payment section of amazon.co.uk?

Amtmann wrote: »
    I contacted Amazon a minute ago and they said they do not accept ROI-based Laser cards.
    I have an AIB Maestro laser card. I want to stop using my AIB Visa credit card, so I am disappointed that Amazon don't accept Irish laser.

I'm interested in knowing how the posters here got theirs to work. How did they enter their laser details in the payment section of amazon.co.uk?

Uh oh.

I just used my BOI laser card to buy Archer season 1. On Amazon.co.uk, I clicked the little Maestro symbol beside the box where you enter your card number. I then entered my card number, name on card and expiry date and clicked ''add new card''.

Then at the top of the page, Maestro appeared instead of the usual ''Visa/Delta/Electron'' that appears when I use 3V vouchers. Went to the payment page and there wasn't any Euro conversion, the price was only in pounds but I clicked ''Place order'' anyway. Got an e-mail confirming my order, I'm going to check the ATM tomorrow to see if any money has been taken out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Amazon don't accept Laser, however it might work if you set it up as Maestro. The systems are linked, though not the same. I've had it work and fail on different sites in the past. It may also depend on the issuing bank, and on the currency selected.

Even though your order was accepted, the bank might still reject it at a later date.

Checked the ATM today and the money had been taken out. Checked my e-mail a while ago and there was a message from Amazon saying my order had been dispatched.

Good stuff.

It definitely works, I've had all my orders delivered!

J. Marston wrote: »
    Checked the ATM today and the money had been taken out. Checked my e-mail a while ago and there was a message from Amazon saying my order had been dispatched.

Good stuff.
    gerrybbadd wrote: »
    It definitely works, I've had all my orders delivered!

Now, to get your laser card added did you press check out then add the card or was it like you pressed account settings and add card? I did account settings and add card and tried the AIB laser card and it didn't work. Is your card 16 digits or 19 digits?

Now, to get your laser card added did you press check out then add the card or was it like you pressed account settings and add card? I did account settings and add card and tried the AIB laser card and it didn't work. Is your card 16 digits or 19 digits?

Just pressed check-out and then added the card. The card has 19 digits.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

Just tried this buying a soft toy and it worked! Ive a BOI laser with the meastro/cirrus symbols and amazon.co.uk recognised it as a Maestro card. got the confirmation email. well see if the money is debited in a day or so. No more piddiling around with 3v I hope :D

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

Chalk it down. Payment accepted and deducted from my account. add Amazon.co.uk to the list :)

• Advertisement

I tried the checkout way with my AIB and it doesn't work. Just says card number invalid.

Advertisement