Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sticky of online stores that accept Laser / Maestro Card?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Digitalism wrote: »
    I don't see any option for using my debit card on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

They're not accepting laser at the moment.
    cdwow wrote:
    We are temporarily not accepting Laser Card payments. We are in the process of setting up a new account, and we hope to start accepting them again in the near future. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

Today I registered my AIB laser card and it's in the mail and all but phoned up amazon about it and told them the issue with the no startdate or issue number....

And...

Good news: They done something to my account so when I add it the start date or issue number can be left blank. When I get my card and well... Purchase something on it I'll let you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 loveweed

i seen this one called www.swap-s.com

Ebay Alternative that allows sellers to accept lazer card

• Advertisement

Found a solution to using your Laser on eBay with Paypal, instead of adding a credit card can we add a bank account for like AIB? AIB has internet banking WHICH SHOWS statements that get updated daily (Not hourly I believe) Not only can you use eBay but any other sites that take PayPal. I haven't tried it yet and ATM only my pin came, waiting for my laser card, I'll phone AIB and have a nice chat with them and see what they say.

EDIT: Got the card, signed up the bank way. Will have to wait because AIB screwed up my DOB royally, not just a day or month but the month and bloody year. Cheers for making me two years younger but I got a load of cash with you guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

just saw a tweet there from Gamestop.ie saying hat they now accept laser cards. Good news, as there was quite a few annoyed that they had to pay with a credit card to by off of their site.

http://twitter.com/#!/GameStopIreland/status/35388546558722050

Spread the word!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 niallmc82

This site is well handy. Its a directory of shops accepting Laser online. mostly Irish.

www.debitcardshopper.com

• Registered Users Posts: 29 pslat

Found a solution to using your Laser on eBay with Paypal, instead of adding a credit card can we add a bank account for like AIB? AIB has internet banking WHICH SHOWS statements that get updated daily (Not hourly I believe) Not only can you use eBay but any other sites that take PayPal. I haven't tried it yet and ATM only my pin came, waiting for my laser card, I'll phone AIB and have a nice chat with them and see what they say.

EDIT: Got the card, signed up the bank way. Will have to wait because AIB screwed up my DOB royally, not just a day or month but the month and bloody year. Cheers for making me two years younger but I got a load of cash with you guys!

I tried this on my PayPal account, won't work. Adding a bank account to your paypal account allows you to receive payments, not to use the bank account to make payments. Also, fyi you can not add a debit card to a PayPal account even though it is listed in the add a card section. You can top up a paypal account from your bank but I don't see any way to use the balance to pay for an item, anybody tried this? I can't believe Irish Laser/Maestro cards are still restricted in this way. There are threads about this going back 5 years and more and still the banks don't give a damn :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

For crafters: www.cardznscrapz.com take laser, they stock lots of cardmaking & scrapbooking supplies. They're in Cork.

For stitchers: www.craftersbasket.com also take laser, they stock embroidery/tapestry/cross-stitch supplies incl. thread, beads, fabric & embellishments. They're in Sligo.

Ordered from both on Tuesday evening and received both orders today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

This is not correct. You cannot use Laser with Paypal, and there is no way around it. You can set up Paypal as a beneficiary on your online banking, but this has nothing to do with Laser, and you don't need a Laser card (or even a current account) to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 sgbrady

i want to buy motorola 2 way radios at a cheap price off any website in ireland that accepts laser cards please write back

• Moderators Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Spocker

cdwow.ie are taking laser cards again

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rojiblancos

Are BangCD,CDWOW & HMV still accepting laser?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

can anyone recomend a website that takes laser for mobile phones other than the common ones like carefone warehouse, vodafone, O2 and so on

• Registered Users Posts: 29 pslat

Are you sure Hughes & Hughes should be listed here? - I can't see any way to make an online purchase from them by Laser card or any other method for that matter :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 HTully

www.bestsellers.ie do a good range of books and dvds they also do school books and take laser very quick delivery too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Does anybody know if Dabs.ie currently accept Laser, they accept Maestro so will my Laser card with Maestro work?
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Laser is not a Maestro debit card, so no, it won't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭teekayd25

Don't think that any of these have yet been mentioned . . . all three accept Laser.

http://www.irishmusicshop.com/

http://www.hotpress.com/shop/

http://www.bridgestores.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk

Good alternative to Steam for PC games.

• Moderators Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Spocker

Looks like the end for Laser - AIB moving to Visa Debit next year:

http://www.thejournal.ie/visa-cards-to-replace-laser-allowing-for-contactless-payments-180004-Jul2011/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭raz86

www.yankee.ie - for yankee candles

www.pressieport.ie - for gifts

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

GameStop.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭DJ SC

has anyone actually ordered off the nike website with a laser card ive tried few times now but my card keeps getting declined
    there is enuff money in there and it works on other websites

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

DJ SC wrote: »
    has anyone actually ordered off the nike website with a laser card ive tried few times now but my card keeps getting declined
    there is enuff money in there and it works on other websites

Exact same for me, absolutely raging!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭DJ SC

jugger0 wrote: »
    Exact same for me, absolutely raging!

well annoying innit
    even went bank an they said nuffin wrong with my card or account an its on there end
    email nike an they just sen out automated email bull****

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Why does it work for some people but not us?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kingcurls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Advertisement