Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sticky of online stores that accept Laser / Maestro Card?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭fintaneduffy

heres one dont think its on the list
    www.strings.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭NicoleL88

strings.ie was hacked today. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭fintaneduffy

good job i kept the business card they sent so, do people have nothing better to be at than wrecking web sites, god times are tough enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

NicoleL88 wrote: »

Has anyone used it lately? Is it safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Strings.ie

NicoleL88 wrote: »

We did have an issue last month which allowed our front page to be defaced. Our customer details and database were not compromised. Our web team found the problem and dealt with it.
    When we first started stings.ie we took the decision not to take credit card details on our own website/server because we wanted to offer our customers the best security possible.
    When you place an order at strings.ie we only collect the customers name/address details. When it comes to giving your credit/debit card details we forward you to worldpay's (Royal Bank Of Scotland) secure encrypted servers. These communicate directly with visa/mc/laser and are fully approved and certificated. We never even see any card details ourselves.

We take security extremely seriously so if any one has any questions regarding strings.ie please do not hesitate to contact us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭imasmeasmecanbe

Anyone out there in teh great kingdom of boards know of any shops importing foreign foodstuffs, american candy/indian spices and the likes that accept laser?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Xivilai

Handyhardware.ie sell batteries and they accept it also :)

• Moderators Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Spocker

cdwow.ie (under their new owners) no longer take Irish Laser as a method of payment. They will now only take Visa, Mastercard, Amex and Paypal :(

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭azwethinkweiz

really cheesed off about cdwow not accepting laser cards anymore *sigh*

Has anyone else had trouble recently purchasing something off pixmania.ie using a laser card?? Everytime I try its says it was "unsuccessful" although I've no idea why as I've bought a few things from them before (and I definitely have money in my account)... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 HTully

about Cd wow :
    I tried to purchase something from them just to see if they were accepting Laser or not.. there is a little note on their payments page saying they are currently not accepting Laser but will be in two weeks they need to get it all set up. A good website to go to with a list of shops that accept Laser (even when they dont display the laser logo) is at An Post.. they have an online buying guide.

• Advertisement

cool, good that they'll be putting that option back in there at least!

Still, anyone else have trouble with pixmania using laser?? Still can't get an order placed... :( my laser is a BOI one if that makes a difference...

I did not have any problems using my Laser card on Pixmania.. they can be a bit pricey and they 'outsource' their orders so you can end up paying for three or four different 'mail' depending on how many items you order. a bit like amazon with their different 'sellers'. Pixmania charge about 14euros to mail an item .. some of their sellers charge 7 - 10 euros. Some of their sellers are based in Ireland it might be better to go and buy directly from them.

I cant remember but i think you have to put in a specific number for a Laser transaction '999' or '000' .. its in the small print.. a bit like cdwow.ie. also make sure you are on the pixmania.ie site. thats all i can think of - i did have a similar problem one time with cdwow but i think it was the server was down of the company that handle the card transactions because after i tried again it worked.

Hey thanks HTully, I might try using 000 or 999 later.

Yeah I know they can be pricey, I was looking for a multimedia hard drive that I can connect to the TV with HDMI cable etc. and they accept laser so I thought I'd buy from them, dunno any other places online I can get that sorta stuff using the laser!?

EDIT:
    Anyone know would it be worth my while to get a 3V card? Anyone use these regularly? Can they be used on play.com etc.? Thanks...

there are a lot of irish office supply companies that take laser - a link to external hard drives dunno if they the type u want. look up the type u want online and see which irish online companies sell it. they take laser.

http://www.officespot.ie/technology/computer-hardware/hard-drives.html?limit=25&p=2

better than 3v vouchers is prepaid credit cards. look up www.payzonemoney.com to find out. I use a prepaid mastercard from them its much handier than 3v. well happy hunting.

I found another link for mediaplayer harddrives:

http://elara.ie/products/results.asp?srch=&anyallexact=all&manu=WESTERN+DIGITAL&productcode=&mancode=&searchBtn=Search&gclid=CKjZ8Mev9KQCFcH42Aodkx4Lhw

they take laser. www.elara.ie - there is also www.komplett.ie

• Moderators Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Spocker

Not strictly related to the thread, but Bank of Ireland are moving from Laser in favour of Visa Debit instead, from next year

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1029/boi-business.html

Related thread

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

I was able to use my Laser card in Iceland in Enniskillen yesterday. It came up on the screen as Maestro. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I dont understand why Play dont accept Laser when it is Maestro. very annoying.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

SarahBM wrote: »

It's because the Maestro symbol on your laser card refers to the ability to withdraw cash from any ATM that displays the Maestro symbol. There is an arrangement between Laser and Maestro to do this but this does not mean Laser is a Maestro card and therefore will not be accepted by retailers who process maestro cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Play could accept Laser if they wanted to, but they don't. Also, as Pat said, Laser is not Maestro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

It's because the Maestro symbol on your laser card refers to the ability to withdraw cash from any ATM that displays the Maestro symbol. There is an arrangement between Laser and Maestro to do this but this does not mean Laser is a Maestro card and therefore will not be accepted by retailers who process maestro cards.

thanks

but still very annoying though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Caught

GreatDaysOut.ie accept Laser.

Well, the tiny little symbol on the screen looks like a Laser card symbol.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Sn@kebite

Sarah I email play.com before (about 2yrs ago) and they said also that laser and Maestros in the UK are different to Irish laser and Maestro cards. The processing is different and so their billing (processing) system may work differently for UK and Irish cards.

I think laser cards in ireland are more likely to work buying from the UK than irish maestros are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Sn@kebite wrote: »
    I think laser cards in ireland are more likely to work buying from the UK than irish maestros are.

Laser is not Maestro, and Maestro on an Irish card does not make it a debit card. Laser won't work in the UK, unless the retailer is specifically set up to accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Spocker wrote: »
    Not strictly related to the thread, but Bank of Ireland are moving from Laser in favour of Visa Debit instead, from next year

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1029/boi-business.html

Related thread

I wouldnt be too optimistic about this going ahead right now. With nationalisation, I see this being long-fingered. Having said that, I'm with AIB, and unless thats merged with BOI, I'll never see one...

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭raveni

Any sign of cdwow.ie accepting laser again? There's still that message when you go to pay saying:
    "We are temporarily not accepting Laser Card
    payments. We are in the process of setting up a new account, and we hope to start accepting them again within two weeks. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience."
    It looks like that message has been there for more than a month now...why is it taking so long, or have they given up on laser altogether?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17 coco29

I paid for books on Bookdepository a few days ago using a dundrum gift card! i just used the mastercard option as they are a prepaid matercard! thought it was very handy, rather then buying a prepaid mastercard and registering it and paying to top it up! might be handy for anyone if they live near by, they can be used anywhere that takes mastercard, i don't know if Dundrum relise this though i assume they think all the money is staying in the centre!

I was on cdwow and they still have the "two week " until laser but its been well over that now!

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

If you go in to shops and stores in the North some do take Laser cards and some don't. I think it must be something to do with whatever bank they are with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

http://www.henpartyshop.ie/

All accepted through Realex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 fionalouise

www.asos.com and www.awear.com are fantastic clothes/accessories sites. I did all my christmas shopping online using my laser on those sites and applebys.ie all take laser cards specifically and deliver within 1-3 working days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Is there any shop where I can buy PC games other than bangcd?

Advertisement