Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sticky of online stores that accept Laser / Maestro Card?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

are the 3v cards a way around this maybe??

https://www.3v.ie/partner-ebay.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

keys101 wrote: »
    furthermore anyone know if there is a world wide accepted debit card??

No, and many online stores won't accept Debit cards at all.
    keys101 wrote: »
    my bank wont give me a credit card and told me dat this would be accepted online

They lied. Laser is accepted by some Irish online retailers. Outside the Irish ones, the vast majority of retailers will not even entertain it.

3V is, for want of a better word, sh*te. There are other pre-pay debit/credit cards, see this thread for details.

jor el wrote: »

They lied. Laser is accepted by some Irish online retailers. Outside the Irish ones, the vast majority of retailers will not even entertain it.

3V is, for want of a better word, sh*te. There are other pre-pay debit/credit cards, see this thread for details.
    i want to buy R4/DSTT cards, i don't have a credit card and nowhere will take laser cards for them online. with 3V i can set up paypal which means i can buy the cards. how are they sh1te?? i just want a simple means of buying what i'm looking for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The charges for buying
    The limitation on size (350 euro max)
    Not able to top up (need to buy a new one)
    The charges for transferring unused credit
    The charges for cashing out unused credit
    Not able to buy credit online
    Lack of outlets that actually sell them

The list continues, but I can't think of any more right now. It all adds up to make 3V, in my opinion, sh*te.

For the desperate, they're an option, but they should really be a last option.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 keys101

cheers jor el, guess im pretty much stuck at the mo den, really fed up with my bank, they ensured me this would work, even wen i rang them abt a cancelled order from play.com they said no it should be fine just try it again in a few days. i dont see why they have to lie abt it, clearly dey should know!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

They are shíte but it's the only option available to ROI people. Them other "online" credit cards in that thread people are talking about are for the UK

This thread is 19 pages....

eh, quick question : Is it possible to buy DVDs online, in Euro prices, with a Laser card ?

Or is the DVD online buying world ruled by Amazon, HMV and Play ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ford mustang

next.ie
    accept laser

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    This thread is 19 pages....

eh, quick question : Is it possible to buy DVDs online, in Euro prices, with a Laser card ?

Or is the DVD online buying world ruled by Amazon, HMV and Play ?
    BangCD and CD WOW both accept Laser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ford mustang

gamesnash.ie and they have really fast delivery also console repairs ireland but there not as good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Cant be bothered going through 19 pages but does anyone know of any betting sites that accept maestro cards? I set up an account with bwin only to find out I couldnt deposit any money

basquille wrote: »
    BangCD and CD WOW both accept Laser.

I'll be staying as far away from cdwow as possible thank you but cheers .
    bangcd seems to be based in Singapore ? Think I'll give that one a miss also.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Paddypower.ie takes laser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Do you know if it takes Maestro as well? I dont particularly want to go through the hassle of setting up an account again only to find out it wont work

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭White_Wolf

If its a laser card with maestro it will accept it if its an Irish one not sure about UK cards.

also found this site don't think its been posted but I haven't seen it

www.techdirect.ie

Also same company www.cheaplaptops.ie <- might have already been posted its not than new I don't think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭raheny red

Do ticketmaster take laser?

raheny red wrote: »
    Do ticketmaster take laser?

Yes, I think there's a charge/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Oneinamillion

Anyone know where I can buy nfl jerseys with a laser??

i'm looking for a book called 'a thousand splendid suns', is there anywhere i can buy this with laser card?? the three bookshops on the OP don't have it (easons, hughes and hughes, kennys irish bookstore)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭White_Wolf

poindexter wrote: »
    i'm looking for a book called 'a thousand splendid suns', is there anywhere i can buy this with laser card?? the three bookshops on the OP don't have it (easons, hughes and hughes, kennys irish bookstore)

Yeah mate cdwow has it if this is the one your thinking of

http://www.cdwow.ie/search?query=a+thousand+splendid+suns&category=books

• Advertisement

White_Wolf wrote: »
    Yeah mate cdwow has it if this is the one your thinking of

http://www.cdwow.ie/search?query=a+thousand+splendid+suns&category=books
    good man, thanks very much for that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 iswallowglass

Partypoker.com also take laser.

http://ie.farnell.com/ accepted Laser as payment from me the other day. Their site's very confusing so I shot off an email asking was the €35 delivery charge necessary and did they accept Laser. No delivery charge and I got a phone call from their Leeds office to give them my Laser number and it was cleared a few days later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 monkey99

bargainstore.ie look like they take laser..

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

i know there was a list in the clothing part at the start of this thread but does anyone know anymore clothes sites that acccept laser...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Anyone know where i can buy one online besides apple.ie? Cheers. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 jimbojambo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I just tried to book a flight to Edinburgh from Shannon in Ryanair. To my amazement there is no Maestrocard option when booking from this side, yet I have no problems using my Maestrocard in Scotland on the same website. My Maestrocard is UK issue. So what gives, does that mean there is different options for whatever country your in? Going of topic slightly now, I just tried to top-up with my pre-paid Mastercard so I could try and still book flight, but the local outlet did not have the technology to process transaction even tho they are payzone, this also happens alot in Edinburgh too, lots of shops not updating their machines where it is not possible to top-up funds. Bloody frustrating.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bdo

i know there was a list in the clothing part at the start of this thread but does anyone know anymore clothes sites that acccept laser...

Yes, Rowlands Clothing in the UK takes Laser. Very handy, as you pay in UK Sterling but with your Laser card.

http://www.rowlandsclothing.co.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭imokyrok

I would dearly like to close my visa credit card as I'm crap at managing it but given that you can't use Amazon, international florists and indeed do most international transactions without one I can't. I think us Irish are the only EU country which doesn't have an international debit card system.

I checked this out a few years ago and was told there was pressure on the banks to provide the service but nothing has happened. Anyone have any information on this? Is it a ploy by the banks to keep us in debt?

Advertisement