Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sticky of online stores that accept Laser / Maestro Card?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

Eccentric wrote: »
    Yeah I placed a few orders with them, paid with my Laser card each time and everything got delivered. (With Bank of Ireland if that makes any difference, I doubt it would?)

I'm with tsb, it doesn't seem to work :( what you use as a security code??

• Registered Users Posts: 27 GaffCCFC

scop wrote: »
    Schuh no longer accept Laser it seems. Just a heads up.

I bought a pair of spiffing new shoes off their site last night using my AIB laser?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Eccentric

ashyle wrote: »
    I'm with tsb, it doesn't seem to work :( what you use as a security code??

My BOI Laser Card has a CVC number, if your card doesn't did you try just putting in 000?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 padraigggg

scop wrote: »
    Schuh no longer accept Laser it seems. Just a heads up.
    GaffCCFC wrote: »
    I bought a pair of spiffing new shoes off their site last night using my AIB laser?

I too bought something (not telling!) very recenty (Okay, they were Uggs!) with my laser.

Maybe its your Laser they won't take. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

not sure if we are posted here?

http://www.wreckless.ie

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 adz88

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

Any know if currys accept laser?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,850 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Girlfriend has just informed me popular clothes site ASOS now accepts Laser.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Eccentric wrote: »
    I know it was mentioned earlier in the thread that there were problems with Laser / Maestro / Switch on HMV.com, but in case it hasn't already been mentioned Laser Card transactins do work on HMV.com now (so maybe that can be added to the first post of this thread). :)
    Are you sure? im trying to order something but cant seem too with my AIB laser...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I have a Bank of Ireland Laser card, with Maestro and Cirrus on the back. It has a CVV2 number. I dont understand why Play.com say they accept Maestro when really they dont.
    I went to buy a few dvds with my card (as opposed to having to borrow my Dad's) and it said my card wasnt accepted. Surely if its Maestro it should be!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭PatsyStone

Used my laser on www.Doo-Lally.com a few weeks back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

SarahBM wrote: »
    I have a Bank of Ireland Laser card, with Maestro and Cirrus on the back. It has a CVV2 number. I dont understand why Play.com say they accept Maestro when really they dont.
    I went to buy a few dvds with my card (as opposed to having to borrow my Dad's) and it said my card wasnt accepted. Surely if its Maestro it should be!

A Laser card is not a Maestro debit card, which is why Play won't accept it. The Maestro symbol on the card is nothing to do with it's function as a debit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Anyone know if MAndMDirect.com accept Laser?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 antogrimes

Great thread, another one for ya's

http://www.53degreesnorth.ie/home.php

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

does anyone know were i can get mma clothing as in tshirts,jeans.etc or tattoo related belt buckles that i can get with my tsb laser card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

It does doesn't it? It's a Maestro outside of Ireland and this is how we can use it in shops outside the 26-county variety of Ireland where it's just put through as a normal Maestro transaction. Acceptance is a bit patchy as it's rejected in some shops though.

Can anyone confirm the HMV rumour that you can use Laser on their site?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sp1ky

http://www.topdeals.ie
    Through moneybookers

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

ball wrote: »
    http://www.paddypower.com accept Laser
    So does the Paddy Power Poker.

Danger

lord do i know its true :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,149 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Does anyone of a good dvd site that takes laser? I've tried amazon, they dont. I've tried play.com, they dont. Im registered with cdwow.ie but they are very poor, alot of their dvds aren't region 2 and not a huge selection anyway. I just want to buy dvds with my laser on the web, It shouldn't be this bloody hard! :mad: lol. hello all, first post :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭.DarDarBinks

Vistaprint.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 gmack1

J. Marston wrote: »
    Does anyone of a good dvd site that takes laser? I've tried amazon, they dont. I've tried play.com, they dont. Im registered with cdwow.ie but they are very poor, alot of their dvds aren't region 2 and not a huge selection anyway. I just want to buy dvds with my laser on the web, It shouldn't be this bloody hard! :mad: lol. hello all, first post :D
    www.cdwow.ie is pretty good

Does anyone know a site i can buy contacts on that accepts laser cards? (and is reasonable)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

gmack1 wrote: »
    www.cdwow.ie is pretty good

CDWow went down hill a few years ago, and never recovered. Avoiding them would be best.

I still use it regularly and not had any problems at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

gmack1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know a site i can buy contacts on that accepts laser cards? (and is reasonable)

http://www.ezlenses.com/

Thread on this topic here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 HTully

At last I have found an online clothes shop that accepts Irish Laser they have a good selection everything from well know high street brands to designer its www.asos.co.uk

I didnt manage to read through every single post but if this could be added to Basquille's initial post it would help a lot of people.

I prefer to use my Laser card when i can.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭pampers1

www.shoerack.ie accept laser and they have great deals too.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mielag

one more with laser:

Lingerie at JustMe.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ParalysedBeaver

I don't know if it will work, but I just registered a new account at play.com and used a Laser card as the CC info. I ordered Rock Band 2 and the order seemed to have gone through. I will update and let you know if it actually does work and they deliver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ParalysedBeaver

Thank you for your recent order with Play.com

At this time we are unable to process your order as your credit/debit card
    details do not match the details held by, or because payment has been
    declined by, your credit/debit card issuer.

Additionally please check you are using one of our accepted methods of
    payment (Visa, Visa Electron, Delta, Maestro (excluding Laser),
    MasterCard, Switch and Solo).

Damnit :D

Advertisement