Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sticky of online stores that accept Laser / Maestro Card?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭afatbollix

with chip and pin its the credit card company who will take teh blow for fraud.. but if it is signed ( like teh old way) its down to the shop to take the blow if it is fraud... luas ticket machines wont take a payment over 50 euro now because of that...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Any chance of staying on topic lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Well said Basq. The merits of chip & pin, or signature based authorised schemes, should be debated in the Banking forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭360ts

You just sign up on the 3V site and then buy a voucher with a visa card number in a newsagent that sells them and you get your 3V card swiped which sends the CVV2 number and expiry date to via text or email.

Cheers alan.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mullen07

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Dear Mr Duggan

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we do not accept Laser cards. Please see below for cards we do and do not accept.

WE ACCEPT:
    * Any MasterCard credit card
    * Any Visa credit or debit card - EXCEPT Visa Electron
    * Any Switch card

WE DO NOT ACCEPT:
    * Visa Electron
    * Diner's Club
    * JCB
    * Discover
    * American Express
    * Laser

I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Regards

May as well take em off the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭White_Wolf

Haha i was wondering if they did or not it says clearly on there site that they accept Laser but suport says they dont i think they should remove it from the help section then.

Also Komplett.ie say they will be accepting laser in the next few weeks thats one site i would love to see have laser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

White_Wolf wrote: »
    Also Komplett.ie say they will be accepting laser in the next few weeks .
    link?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

link?
    Only thing I can find is this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

White_Wolf wrote: »
    not for online purchase tho

Good point hope they one day do though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

dabs.ie doesnt accept laser, is that right?

Yeah Pangea as fas as i know they dont well i dont think so anyway only pc site i know in ireland that accepts them is elara.ie at the moment

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

another farce from Komplett.
    You can pay by laser card now but only at the Dublin pick up point.

It completely defeats the purpose, if you're gonna go out to the pick up point you're gonna have/get some cash.

Komplett why can't you just accept laser cards for delivery?

http://www.komplett.ie/k/k.aspx?action=page&page=news&topic=Laser_payments&utm_source=komplett&utm_medium=email&utm_content=text&utm_campaign=wofw0409mb

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

jayteecork wrote: »
    another farce from Komplett.
    You can pay by laser card now but only at the Dublin pick up point.

It completely defeats the purpose, if you're gonna go out to the pick up point you're gonna have/get some cash.

Komplett why can't you just accept laser cards for delivery?

http://www.komplett.ie/k/k.aspx?action=page&page=news&topic=Laser_payments&utm_source=komplett&utm_medium=email&utm_content=text&utm_campaign=wofw0409mb

We can hazard a guess. There is no security built into the laser card system. When a Visa card or Mastercard etc is used the banking database for want of a better word that the payment processors check the details off, has all card and customer details. This allows the clearing software and subsequently the merchant to make a final decision on whether or not to accept a card for payment. Visa and Mastercards also have authentication programs which are effectively an online version of a chip and pin.

Believe it or not a payment processor when presented with a laser card does not have access to the laser card holders address ( unless that processor is linked with the issuing bank itself ) A laser card is presented and the only thing most payment processors check is if there is funds available or not. Laser cards are far less trustowrthy from a merchants point of view which is why a lot of online retailers will not accept them.

Bear in mind more oftne than not that it is the retailer who ends up paying the bill if a card is used fraudulently as it is very difficult to fight "charge backs" where a bank says my card holder said he did not order this from you etc - a retailer has to go and then prove it was ordered and dispatched to the address ( matching the card holders ) - easily enough done with a Visa Card because you have more than likely shipped to the matching address to that visa card. With a laser card you are shipping to an address that you dont know wether or not it is the card holders.

We did at one point consider stopping taking laser cards due to these risks but decided against it. We accept laser cards on our site but we are very strict on the processing of them. We will at times ask customers to scan a proof of address and indeed the card itself at times depending on the circumstances. It takes a lot of time and resources to individually assess each laser card payment but unfortunately we have to do this for the moment. Sometimes people get offended and cancel the order - which we would rather have happen than send a delivery out that we ultimately get charged back from.

I would say in this case Komplett are playing it as safe as possible allowing payment at the pick up point ( this means that they are covered because the laser card itself was used to purchase the goods )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭raheny red

basquille wrote: »

Accomodation/Travel

1800 Hotels

I couldn't use my laser with this shower last week, anyone else have any problems?

basquille wrote: »

Accomodation/Travel
    Aer Lingus
    How come aerlingus wont accept my laser card , When i go to card type it doesnt mention laser card ,just mastro or solo, when i selected that ,it still didnt work

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭DePurpereWolf

ie.foto.com (which is a German-based photo printing company with an irish site) uses Worldpay from royal bank of Scotland for its transactions in Ireland. Worldpay offers laser, so I just bought something this Sunday using my laser card.

This worldpay looks like a good solution for the European jungle of different online payment methods.

Im trying to buy an extra bag for my aerlingus flight , but the irish laser card option doesnt show up , is it because my flight is leaving from belfast? Please can someone respond.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭DePurpereWolf

Pangea wrote: »
    Im trying to buy an extra bag for my aerlingus flight , but the irish laser card option doesnt show up , is it because my flight is leaving from belfast? Please can someone respond.
    Just ring them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Redcoza

https://secure.booksunlimited.ie

Another Cheap bookshop that execpts laser (cheaper than hugh and hughes and easons)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mick84

Does anyone know an online store that sell Canvas Pictures and accepts laser cards ?

Just knoticed http://www.cdworld.ie accept laser once again dont know if this has already been said but hey its new to me.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Why is Dabs still on the Laser list?! They've never accepted Laser and as they bill from the UK they don't accept Maestro either.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

Solitaire wrote: »
    Why is Dabs still on the Laser list?! They've never accepted Laser and as they bill from the UK they don't accept Maestro either.
    Just got caught by this myself! can basquille edit the original post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Progger

Hey guys, great thread. Just wondering if any of you know a place I can order midi controllers or any music production gear online with a laser card??
    I've found one or two I think but their prices are outrageous. About 200 euro in difference if I bought from the UK. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

i see paypal still aren't accepting laser cards :(

would anyone know of any sites i can buy an R4 or DSTT card with laser please??

thanks

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

www.discountpackaging.ie

Packaging supplies store that accept Laser both online and at the counter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 keys101

Any one where i can get an xbox 360 steering wheel with laser, furthermore anyone know if there is a world wide accepted debit card?? my bank wont give me a credit card and told me dat this would be accepted online

Advertisement