Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sticky of online stores that accept Laser / Maestro Card?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Are we sure that cdwow.ie takes laser??
    No option for it on their site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

jackncoke wrote: »

They don't seem to anymore. They're gone to shit anyway, avoid like the proverbial.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I *think* I paid them by Laser a couple of weeks ago. They were using Realex before the buyout, but they seemed to have switched to someone else

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭crouchie15

can u use paypal with an aib maestro card?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Sn@kebite

crouchie15 wrote: »
    can u use paypal with an aib maestro card?
    No. You need a credit card (Visa/Mastercard) or at least a 3v voucher

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Dublingirl23

One more for the list

http://www.booksunlimited.ie/default.asp

Can I just say, I tried to transfer a 3v voucher to Paypal the other day and it didn't work. I rang them and they tld me this opition is not yet available in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 LDriver

One more for the list

http://www.booksunlimited.ie/default.asp

Can I just say, I tried to transfer a 3v voucher to Paypal the other day and it didn't work. I rang them and they tld me this opition is not yet available in Ireland.
    Are you sure Books Unlimited take laser? Is that new? I thought they didn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Dublingirl23

Yep I ordered a book with them yesterday and they have 123 as the cvv code. :)

Re:Paypal, the guy I talked to hadn't a clue about the 3v vouchers. He told me we aren't able to put them onto our PP accounts. I spoke to a supervisor and we actually are able to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 hankeyj84

I tried to buy music on the online store ( well not intentionally) but on the payment pay where you'll the payment options there's no laser symbol. Its abit odd that some part Apple accept it but other not. Probably to do with Apple.us. Can you buy music online from Apple with your laser? anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 COMEDYCORPSE

basquille wrote: »
    Well.. it appears CDWOW.com now don't take Laser Card anymore.

Well.. there goes my online usage of my Laser Card completely!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I know it sucks balls, I emailed them to find out what happened and apparantly they changed owners of the company and they're Aussies and they switched worldpay which offer laser to some other bill pay company...:(

CDworld.ie is ok but they rarely keep a good variety of stock on their site so if your looking for a particular cd that's not mainstream your out of luck, there really needs to be an Irish only online shop like play that take laser based in Ireland they'd make a fortune...

• Advertisement

I know it sucks balls, I emailed them to find out what happened and apparantly they changed owners of the company and they're Aussies and they switched worldpay which offer laser to some other bill pay company...:(

CDworld.ie is ok but they rarely keep a good variety of stock on their site so if your looking for a particular cd that's not mainstream your out of luck, there really needs to be an Irish only online shop like play that take laser based in Ireland they'd make a fortune...

ah thats suxxs. I probably wont be buying an Ipod if laser aint accepted.

CDworld is ok but i have a major problem with them. Last year I bought a CD and PS2 game and im still waiting for shipment for the past 6 months. Keep sending an email to them but they always reply with the same crap.

hankeyj84 wrote: »
    ah thats suxxs. I probably wont be buying an Ipod if laser aint accepted.

CDworld is ok but i have a major problem with them. Last year I bought a CD and PS2 game and im still waiting for shipment for the past 6 months. Keep sending an email to them but they always reply with the same crap.

im trying CDworld to order music everything is fine but again on the payment section. I went for the first option Credit or debit card. Added all the info but wont accept, either try again, or use a different card. IJust wondering am I doing this right? or do I have to do soething else? Can anyone help? Thanks

You are signed in as:
    [email]<snip>[/email]
    Sign out
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Site-Seal-small.gif[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]04-10[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif][URL="sslhttp://www.digicert.com/"]SSL[/URL] 04-10[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    Select Payment
    Amount to be billed (EUR): €3.37

Please choose one of the following payment options:
    cardsv.gifCredit or debit card

We accept Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Switch and Solo. To pay by credit or debit card, please click Add Card below.
    Add Card >>

clickandbuy.gifClick&Buy

If you would like to configure your account to use Click&Buy Easy Collect to pay for this transaction, please click the Click&Buy logo.

[URL="javascript:__doPostBack('Button1','')"]Click&Buy[/URL]

paypal.gifPayPal

Please click the button to pay by Pay Pal
    [URL="javascript:__doPostBack('lnkPayPal','')"]PayPal[/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

jackncoke wrote: »

Just on the cdwow.ie site a while ago! They are accepting Laser again using some scottish bank for the transactions. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

They do now since I recieved an email from my CDwow.ie this morning saying they now accept laser.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭tictac2580

CDWOW accept laser again!!!...They stopped for a few months while they updated their payment system..I emailed their customer services as soon as I noticed the option missing and they replied immediately saying that they would have it back up and running and true to their word..it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 The-Clean-Slate

Anyone know of any sites that sell vinyl and records that accept Laser? like Amazon or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭timmy69

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 COMEDYCORPSE

tictac2580 wrote: »
    CDWOW accept laser again!!!...They stopped for a few months while they updated their payment system..I emailed their customer services as soon as I noticed the option missing and they replied immediately saying that they would have it back up and running and true to their word..it is!

Hahha i just only went onto it just a few mins ago and saw it, now I'm gona spend spend...spend.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ziggy32001

Guys what about any sites that sell music t-shirts???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 pinkladie

try goandpay.ie- pay cash in the post office for internet purchases

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 keel08

i dont think legalsounds and cdworld take laser

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

keel08 wrote: »
    i dont think legalsounds and cdworld take laser

CDworld.ie deffo do, I used Laser with them several times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Anyone know of any sites that sell vinyl and records that accept Laser? like Amazon or anything?

http://www.recordstore.co.uk/

I've used them a few times, they only haev new release vinyl usually though. I've heard of problems from times past with bad packaging but I've ordered an album and vinyl singles from them with no hassle, well packaged, arrived in a week .

Guys what's the word on CDWOW.ie these days ?

Are they reliable at all ? Some items on their site say "in stock , usually dispatches in 24 hrs" but how long for delivery and what if it doesn't have that note next to it ? How are they for refunds ?

I used my Laser card in HMV in Glasgow, Scotland and the transaction went through/

Has anyone tried using their Laser on HMV's site recently ? I wonder is the problem with the 3digit security code which most Laser cards don't have (AIB cards anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Does Ticketmaster accept laser?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ENN0

http://shop.all-cityrecords.com/index.asp

they sell alot of records and graff stuff!

Advertisement