Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Pictures Of Your Catch. (Mod note in OP 14/05/2015)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

well done on the C&R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

My new toy :D

photo_zps167c19e8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

photo_zps167c19e8.jpg
    Some yoke that
    Be grand to fish them hard to reach places and great for pike

Some yoke that
    Be grand to fish them hard to reach places and great for pike

Thats the plan for it anyway, theres plenty of lakes close to me with pike in them which are unfishable from the shore. It'll be a nice way of fishing anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Mighty job. Well ware as they say :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

The Kayak or the cattle trailer?:D Did the ramp close with the kayak inside?

Best of luck with her!

Bizzum wrote: »

The Kayak or the cattle trailer?:D Did the ramp close with the kayak inside?

Best of luck with her!
    Just about, I knew the 14ft box would come in handy sooner or later :D

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

Lovely way to get about, do you think you'll have to carry an ankor round with you?

esox28 wrote: »
    Lovely way to get about, do you think you'll have to carry an ankor round with you?
    I was out on a small lake today on the maiden voyage and it was drifting very fast with the wind, very hard to fish with lures so I will have to get an anchor trolley kit and maybe a drouge over time to make the most of it, I was surprised by how fast you can move around in it, lovely way to get about.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭fiacha

Thats the plan for it anyway, theres plenty of lakes close to me with pike in them which are unfishable from the shore. It'll be a nice way of fishing anyway.

If you are into the shooting, it'd be a great job for the ducks also.

I must give a proper kayak a go. I have pike fished from a Canadian canoe before and ended up in the water twice....I'm a bit too top heavy to be swinging a rod in one of them :D

Keep us updated on the project.
    A.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I was out on a small lake today on the maiden voyage and it was drifting very fast with the wind, very hard to fish with lures so I will have to get an anchor trolley kit and maybe a drouge over time to make the most of it, I was surprised by how fast you can move around in it, lovely way to get about.

Drogue will slow you right down drifting. Even a feed bag or something similar with cord at either end to tether it to the kayak will do for a start, doesn't have to be a shop-bought one... Anchor is essential for fishing spots where you want to stay for a while

Maiden voyage in the salt, a few pollock and launce were caught :cool:

DSCF9904.JPG?gl=IE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

Maiden voyage in the salt, a few pollock and launce were caught :cool:

DSCF9904.JPG?gl=IE

Great photo.

.red. wrote: »
    Great photo.

Its an eerie feeling being right in at the bottom of the cliffs of moher on a kayak I can tell you, It was a lovely day for it all the same though.

Its an eerie feeling being right in at the bottom of the cliffs of moher on a kayak I can tell you, It was a lovely day for it all the same though.
    Id imagine anchoring up in a yak 30foot from them during the summer should produce good fishing. Just watch out for the flying leads and feathers from up above lol

Thats me off the mark for 2013 :D

562472_615074625186796_2106305185_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭con___manx1

Thats me off the mark for 2013 :D

562472_615074625186796_2106305185_n.jpg

nice conger well done

nice conger well done

Ah it was only a small one really but nice to see something on the end of the line again, things should pick up in the next few weeks when the macks show up again and the pollock return. I stuck to mainly lure fishing last year and I found a few great marks which have never seen a rod and line and im hoping to try bottom fishing these to see what else they hold but the most of them are like a desert at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bmeen56

Anyone know what type this is ? I think it's a baby salmon or sea trout, if anyone knows let us no, cheers

Bmeen56 wrote: »
    Anyone know what type this is ? I think it's a baby salmon or sea trout, if anyone knows let us no, cheers

Let us know when you put up a pic :)

• Advertisement

Just shy of 6lbs and went like the clappers on a light beach rod and small reel. Best fight off a fish ive had in a while. Also had 3 schoolies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭con___manx1

terrific fish . did u catch her on bait or lure?

terrific fish . did u catch her on bait or lure?

Got it on peeler crab on a size 2 hook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭EireIceMan

Caught this wee fella on a size 8 hook whilst trout fishing...
    2013-05-05131722_zps47f29f36.jpg

Well I can offically say the pollock are landed and what a fish to start the year, took my lure on the first cast before I even started my retrieve and gave me a right run around on a 10-30 gram spinning rod. Not too far from being a double and my best shore pollock to date. Size 11 shoe for scale :D

photo_zps09f37ae6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

EireIceMan wrote: »
    Caught this wee fella on a size 8 hook whilst trout fishing...

A fine dace!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bmeen56

Caught this over the weekend while brown trout fishing , think its a little sea trout or salmon, anyone know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Markbrmb

Looks like a rainbow trout to me?

Was going to say a salmon parr but it looks like a very young rainbow trout escapee from a farm
    It's tail and dorsal is fairly mashed up so it gives me impression of a farmed trout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

salmon parr id say

Advertisement