Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Pictures Of Your Catch. (Mod note in OP 14/05/2015)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

Macspower wrote: »
    cant access this link
    facebook pic, prob why it wont work, i dont know what the url of it is... or how to find it:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭jodie85

bayliner wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=398400376837304&set=a.106632046014140.12365.100000020348306&type=1

20lb 3oz pike caught by my 14yr old son , beats his PB by almost 10lbs!!

Just seen the what i pressume is your sons pike on midlandangling, smashing fish.

For those who want to see it
    http://www.midlandangling.com/features/declan-and-ryan-murray-looking-forward-to-lough-ree-pike-festival

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

jodie85 wrote: »
    Just seen the what i pressume is your sons pike on midlandangling, smashing fish.

For those who want to see it
    http://www.midlandangling.com/features/declan-and-ryan-murray-looking-forward-to-lough-ree-pike-festival
    thats the one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭portumnadaz

3 small brown trout and a jack pike i caught 2 weeks ago in Meelick, Co. Galway. i kept the 2 bigger trout for dinner :).

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Caribs

Can anyone help to identify this fish.

Caught today on lug worm in West Cork. Think its a black or sea bream but not 100% sure. Caught one before and made for great eating. Great fight too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

Caribs wrote: »
    Can anyone help to identify this fish.

Caught today on lug worm in West Cork. Think its a black or sea bream but not 100% sure. Caught one before and made for great eating. Great fight too!

That is a gilthead bream. Goot catch for this time of year, they're normally only around during hot summers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Another couple a nice fish from the local stream!

fishhhhh018.jpg

fishhhhh019.jpg

Kept the bigger fish for a friend, smaller of the two went back!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

you should take the wrap off the handle, looks like the cork is going to rot!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭freekhead

Here is beast of a 28lb 5oz Pike I caught in january on Perch dead bait popped up with a dowel, I was just packing up for the day and left the rod till last was half way reeling in and she came up snapped at it and brought it straight down, took me 30mins to tire her out and get her in.

072b07ba.jpg

I brought my nephew out on bank holiday Monday and after spending the whole morning getting drenched by the rain and scared of touching our rods with the roar of thunder we ended up getting 3 pike within 45mins

Here is my nephew with the first one it weighed in at 6lb 12oz:
    633b6073.jpg

Then he got a take on another 20mins later weighing in at 7lb on the mark:
    192703a7.jpg

With another 15mins gone after his last one it looked as if I wasn't getting anything all day so I done the usual of leaving my rod in and pack up the rest and when I went to take in my rod I realised my float was gone :) this one weighed in at 7lb 15oz:
    66cc5dd1.jpg

bf65e0cc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

Lovely bass caught on monday night on the oncoming tide...
    Species caught in two hours fishing... Ling, Ell, Turbot, Flounder, Dogfish, Bass...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=411633748867984&set=a.151743738190321.28019.100000640880351&type=1&theater

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭portumnadaz

danbrosnan wrote: »
    Species caught in two hours fishing... Ling, Ell, Turbot, Flounder, Dogfish, Bass...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=411633748867984&set=a.151743738190321.28019.100000640880351&type=1&theater

We can't see into your facebook links

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

The bass fishing season has been closed since the 15th on may until the 15th of june.If you caught it Monday its an illegal fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭tonytoc11

damagegt wrote: »
    The bass fishing season has been closed since the 15th on may until the 15th of june.If you caught it Monday its an illegal fish.

He means Monday the 14th

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Doesn matter unless he kept it u can't stop any fish takin bait we all know that

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭jack01986

IMG_0106.jpg
    IMG_0103.jpg

New PB trout from the dodder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

jack01986 wrote: »
    IMG_0106.jpg
    IMG_0103.jpg

Wow superb fish well done. What did u get him on?

jack01986 wrote: »
    IMG_0106.jpg
    IMG_0103.jpg

Cracking fish and fin perfect defo not a stocky rare to find now days and caught on the fly aswell
    Well done mate
    Was he put back by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Cracking fish and fin perfect defo not a stocky rare to find now days and caught on the fly aswell
    Well done mate
    Was he put back by any chance?

Its a cracking trout but it looks dead in those pics:(
    you can tell most of the time by the eyeball as fish always try keep their eyes upright & see horizontally...

If that fish were alive & lying on its side its eye would be popping out trying look around..

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭jack01986

Cheers lads was some fight off him. He was put back safe and sound, took my time to help him recover and he swam off perfectly. Literally hopped around just after that picture. It was a small gnat type fly I tied myself slim body with a small bit of flashy rib and a white hackle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

2 small pollack under the lighthouse in black head the other day, both returned because they were a bit on the small side.

pollack1-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

My first ever bass after days of seeing them and not catching a thing.I cought this stunning 6 lber

photo.jpg

That doesn't look like a bass to me,seems like you caught the engine of some fellas boat ....

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

why cant i delete this?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

9.5 pound salmon and 2 trout from the feale

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

slaneylad wrote: »
    9.5 pound salmon and 2 trout from the feale

Time for me to head down now then.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cbirt531

nice pics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

The Miami Cup winner on the River Dodder Dublin Ireland. 1lb 9oz. Taken on a Duck fly. 20/06/2012

Bull huss I caught today at the local beach, weighed 7.5lb's and was 34 inches long. My first one ever :D

photo-136.jpg

Never seen a bull huss that colour before their usually a leopard colour
    Nice lookin fish well done on your first

Thanks, ya it is very dark but had the leopard like spots all along it's belly, it was a good size fish for my first, beats mack bashing any day and it's not what I was expecting to catch on the beach either to make it better!!

• Advertisement

Thanks, ya it is very dark but had the leopard like spots all along it's belly, it was a good size fish for my first, beats mack bashing any day and it's not what I was expecting to catch on the beach either to make it better!!
    Beach fishing can produce all sorts
    Beaches in Wexford produce good size tope every year and other beaches also
    So don't be surprised when bull huss takes it smoothhounds aswell will be around but crab would be best for them

Advertisement