Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Pictures Of Your Catch. (Mod note in OP 14/05/2015)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Barry0

Didn't really want to travel today but fancied a bit of fishing so had a wander along the canal in Dublin city.

Caught a few roach of the usual 2-3oz size, and decided to head home but stuck on a little mepps spinner on the off chance of hitting a big perch on the walk back. Had a few casts in each stretch of canal and got a lot of small perch. Really enjoyable fishing.

Then on my last cast of the day, I was shocked to hook a pike. I wasn't expecting a pike, so didn't have a landing net and only light tackle, and after a couple of minutes struggle he shot off into the weeds at the side of the canal and suddenly my line went slack, my 5lb line had snapped. I got a good look at him in the water and though I'm no expert on pike I've caught a fair few in my time and this one was at least 7 or 8lb. I was gutted to lose that fish, my hands were shaking when I saw what I'd hooked.

perch.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

which stretch were you fishing ? I was going to give it a go but it looked full of weeds and lillies

exador wrote: »
    which stretch were you fishing ? I was going to give it a go but it looked full of weeds and lillies

I'll send you a PM. Yeah it is very weedy and difficult to cast plus people walking past asking if you caught anything every 2 minutes but better than sitting at home.

My first Dublin city canal pike.

Not massive but for a fish caught slap bang in the the middle of Dublin on a canal a few feet wide I'm well chuffed. He shot off like a rocket when released.

Caught on a number 3 Mepps style spinner. I didn't bring any scales so don't know the weight.

pikey.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

nice..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭jack01986

Very cool, I didnt think there would be that many fish in around Dublin. Is there any chance of a PM about where you were fishing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Had 12 pollock today, most were around the go of the lad in the pic with a couple of smaller ones. All caught on storm wildeye sandeels rigged texas style on a light spinning rod, great crack.

photo-172.jpg

photo-173.jpg

Had my first two ballan wrasse on lures yesterday, they put up some scrap!!

lasstlast-day-021_cr.jpg

lasstlast-day-012_cr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭oldat31

Who said theres no fishing in Dublin?

Just thought Id share this.......

1343999450.jpg

My first ever dublin hound and it happened to be a stonker......

The attached image is better but not me holding it because some people dont know how to take a photo :(

More seen here http://www.myworldfishing.com/revision/additions.php ...

218918.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

Knocked out a few this morning on my 1978 ABU gear. Lure is a 28g ABU Prisma. Killer.

• Advertisement

A little brown trout I caught at the weekend on the waggler. Made a nice change from the roach and perch.

trout.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

Mackerel, bass, and pollock using my vintage ABU gear last week.

219978.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

A1F20033512F4C40BD3C289713681827-0000324468-0003004317-00640L-667EAAEA4FD44234B77083EC30119299.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4 baitdigger

I get a lot of referrals to my old blog from this site so I though I would put up a few pictures from my last few months living in Clare.
    wrassebass060_cr.jpg

wrassebass013_cr.jpg

colin020_cr.jpg

40tope004.jpg

widgitope.jpg

julytopewidgit.jpg

The last one is the first fish I caught in Wales after moving bach
    blonde0086f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭.red.

some fine fishies there neill.

heres my favourite fish to date, 11lb 3 oz painted ray off an east cork beach on a size 2 hook and a sandeel and crab leg cocktail

2nd favourite was a 4lb 3 oz ballan wrasse caught in west cork.

.red. wrote: »
    some fine fishies there neill.

heres my favourite fish to date, 11lb 3 oz painted ray off an east cork beach on a size 2 hook and a sandeel and crab leg cocktail

2nd favourite was a 4lb 3 oz ballan wrasse caught in west cork.

Thats a fine wrasse, did you catch him on sp's or bait? I had a few to that size myself on soft plastics this year at a new mark I found, they put up a great scrap on light gear!!

Thats a fine wrasse, did you catch him on sp's or bait? I had a few to that size myself on soft plastics this year at a new mark I found, they put up a great scrap on light gear!!
    . Got it on the float with half a crab. Only managed a few on plastics and the biggest was in around the 2 lb mark.

. Got it on the float with half a crab. Only managed a few on plastics and the biggest was in around the 2 lb mark.

I havnt tried crab yet but I might be better for picking out the bigger ones, have taken a few on limpet alright when they have been slow to go for the sp's.

photo_zps00331df2.jpg

photo_zpsc0e8cc0c.jpg

photo-199.jpg

photo-503.jpg

I havnt tried crab yet but I might be better for picking out the bigger ones, have taken a few on limpet alright when they have been slow to go for the sp's.
    for numbers id get a lot more on float fished rag than peeler but the bigger ones are usually to the crab. dont think you'll get rag up your way tho unless you get it by post

for numbers id get a lot more on float fished rag than peeler but the bigger ones are usually to the crab. dont think you'll get rag up your way tho unless you get it by post

No den, just a very odd white one when I am digging lug and usually not of any great size even thought I have happened upon a few decent ones, I prefer spinning for them anyway, I seem to miss an awful lot of them fishing with bait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Brazzill wrote: »
    My cousin caught this 29 pound beauty today in limerick

That's a sure way to remove a pike's lower jaw. I've seen pictures of jawless pike thanks to those tools your cousin is using. They're unnecessary and barbaric.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

Brazzill wrote: »
    Pike is on the way to the taxidermist so relax it was dead. That was just for a picture also it was weighted in a bag with the same tool.

Nice! It gets better. Why post at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

ZeRoY wrote: »

Nice! It gets better. Why post at all?
    Don't understand killing a pike of any size but of that size it's an old pike should've been returned
    All to get it stuffed to just gloat for a few mins is ridiculous
    Picture of the fish would've been a lot more appreciated by anglers than killing it
    Also pretty sure killing a pike over 3kgs or 50 cm in illegal now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

Can't see the picture... I guess the idiot has removed it?

Macspower wrote: »
    Can't see the picture... I guess the idiot has removed it?

Looks like it, shame because it was a fine looking fish :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

The tool he had to hold the fish with looked like a similar one they use when fishing for Goliath tiger fish
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_uqBx13aymCE/S7CrPJTeazI/AAAAAAAABN8/73TIX9E62iY/s640/tigerfish04.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Brazzil, if we take the time to use proper handling and care, we all get to catch more fish. As Dodderangler said, it is prohibited to kill any pike greater than 50 cm in length

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

had this trout today the biggest one i had yet and im fishing since childhood , hard to judge size in the pics but was in and around 3lb , i had a 2 lb "2 oz trout before and this one was a nice step up again

didnt feel right keeping him so after some thinking i returned him

caught spinning on river blackwater

image-1363465680657-V_zpsba6a5c8b.jpg

image-1363465710298-V_zpsef21f725.jpg

image-1363465720070-V_zps83a57aa6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Well done for returning that trout popsy it's a good feeling isn't it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

Auldloon wrote: »
    Well done for returning that trout popsy it's a good feeling isn't it. :)

nice to know we might meet again during the year :D

Advertisement