Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Afghan hunger strike in St Patricks.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

Kiera wrote:
    Don’t be such a smart assed muppet! You can’t fight your own corner so you are now trying to be smart off someone else’s back! We don’t care. Get over it!

Well he did have to spell it out for you, didnt he? Not fighting my own corner by expressing my own opinion on the matter and acknowledging the ignorance of other people?- Do I win by changing people's views and opinions or whats the story?

It's quite obvious noone cares, Kiera and i'm quite glad im not the one reading a post by someone who says 'I hope they die' and then ignoring it.

Enjoy yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Ag marbh wrote:
    Well there would be no point in you going down to show support as you couldn't care less so just sit there.
    and you're down there now, right?
    did you bring them some water and food?
    did they accept it?
    their plight is self inflicted and they chose to do it in a house of worship of a religion that they do not accept as their own.
    some of them worked for the taliban. this has put their life in danger in afghanistan. who exactly are the nazi type people here? those who put their own countrymen through hell or the people who would like to see the law obeyed?

Dun wrote:
    Not to be blase about the whole issue, but is it not a little bit stupid purposefully and consciously endangering your life to the point that you might die all because if you're sent back to your home country "your life might be in danger"?

Put yourself in there shoes and how would you react to being sent back to a country full of war, human right deprivation and being male makes them an easier target?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Sgt. Politeness

Degsy wrote:
    Exactly,its the lowest form of body blow and one that certain types of people will employ at the drop of a hat.I was accused off being something to do with stormfront ffs.This kind of rubbish should be bannable.
    Agreed. It seems the very same people who had 'SUPPORT FREE SPEECH AND WE LOVE DENMARK' in thier sigs all over the shop a few months ago seem to think free speech should only extend as far as tree hugging, hippy ideals, but if your free speech is something along the lines of 'let them starve/send them home' youre a nazi and need to be banned. I guess that kind of free speech is jsut a little TOO free, eh? If wantign to see these f*cking scam artists deported makes me a nazi, well then just watch me goosestep my way out of this thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Archeron wrote:
    Thos people wont die,(at least I hope they wont) they will become ill from lack of food and water, and one by one, will be ferried to hospital. I hope at that point, they receive the treatment they need, eat a decent meal and go and try to argue the decisions throught the proper channels.

Are they allowed to force feed?

• Advertisement

julep wrote:
    did they accept it?
    their plight is self inflicted and they chose to do it in a house of worship of a religion that they do not accept as their own.
    some of them worked for the taliban. this has put their life in danger in afghanistan. who exactly are the nazi type people here? those who put their own countrymen through hell or the people who would like to see the law obeyed?
    julep wrote:

It's a hunger strike so em no.
    julep wrote:

Fair enough
    julep wrote:

Where is the evidence of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭Archeron

Are they allowed to force feed?

Good question. Somehow I doubt it (though i dont actually know) It would look dreadful on the media if they tried that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Kiera wrote:
    Don’t be such a smart assed muppet! You can’t fight your own corner so you are now trying to be smart off someone else’s back! We don’t care. Get over it! There is a reason why they were refused you know!

what was it?

julep wrote:
    did they accept it?
    What exactly has working for the Taliban got to do with anything? They were the ruling power in the country for a long time. It is not surprising that many people would have worked for them? Wasn't the current Pope a member of the Nazi party? That doesn't mean he supports what they did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

That was an obviously stupid comment by whoever said it but i think that what these people are doing is moronic. How dare they put our government under pressure by trying to kill themselves? It’s downright stupid and they should be made an example of for doing this!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Slinky>

Ag marbh wrote:
    Put yourself in there shoes and how would you react to being sent back to a country full of war, human right deprivation and being male makes them an easier target?

Only one of them is being deported the rest of them seem to think they are more important than the rest of the asylum seekers in the country and dont have to go through the proper channels,

Today Fm reported 7 have been taken to hospital one is critical and some of the protestors left behind have started taking water,

Kiera wrote:
    That was an obviously stupid comment by whoever said it but i think that what these people are doing is moronic. How dare they put our government under pressure by trying to kill themselves? It’s downright stupid and they should be made an example of for doing this!

You would rather see these human beings die rather than get what they want, is that your opinion on the matter?

Ag marbh wrote:
    You would rather see these human beings die rather than get what they want, is that your opinion on the matter?
    No never! I just think that holding our government to ransom isn’t the answer. If they get away with this we'll start seeing cráp like this on a weekly basis!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

You would rather see these human beings die rather than get what they want, i

If somebody came up to you with a gun loaded and pointed at their head and said, 'Give me your money or I will kill myself' What would you do or think?

Kiera wrote:
    What would you do then? Imagine you are McDowell, would you let them die? Would you instruct the hospital to force feed them (if it is legal)?

Slinky> wrote:
    Only one of them is being deported the rest of them seem to think they are more important than the rest of the asylum seekers in the country and dont have to go through the proper channels,

Today Fm reported 7 have been taken to hospital one is critical and some of the protestors left behind have started taking water,

Think they're more important than the rest or showing him solidarity? Strenght in numbers.

Kiera wrote:
    No never! I just think that holding our government to ransom isn’t the answer. If they get away with this we'll start seeing cráp like this on a weekly basis!

Well this is what's going to happen, people will die because of borders once again.

base2 wrote:
    If somebody came up to you with a gun loaded and pointed at their head and said, 'Give me your money or I will kill myself' What would you do or think?

Yes because money or anything material isn't worth a human life. I also think the context you're using can't be compared so...

Ag marbh wrote:
    Think they're more important than the rest or showing him solidarity? Strenght in numbers.

And your sitting in work for your own financial gain when you could be down there supporting them with your blankets ect. . ? Possibly convincing them to stop? Are you putting your financial reward through work over there lives? Do you belive in what your typing here?

Slinky> wrote:
    And your sitting in work for your own financial gain when you could be down there supporting them with your blankets ect. . ? Possibly convincing them to stop? Are you putting your financial reward through work over there lives? Do you belive in what your typing here?

I will contribute to there needs but risking the roof over my own shoulders, long term position and possibly something that could turn my life upside down isn't worth losing my job.

I will do what I can. It's more than you will do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

Kiera wrote:
    You cant compare refugees over here to illegal immigrants in America. We don’t go over there to sponge off their country like a lot of the refugees do here. We get straight to work and don’t ask or get handouts! Stupid argument!

could you please try educate yourself on the matter before making such ignorant comments.

refugees seeking asylum here are not allowed work BY LAW they need the handouts to survive unless the government decides to change this law.

Ag marbh wrote:
    I will contribute to there needs but risking the roof over my own shoulders, long term position and possibly something that could turn my life upside down isn't worth losing my job.

I will do what I can. It's more than you will do.

I do my bit for the thousands of people in this country with cancer, Not for a group of healthy men killing them selves for a cause which I am very sceptical about.

Ag marbh wrote:
    So all the guilt you are trying to put on us isn’t brushing off on yourself?

You want us to go out and try and save these people from dying but yet losing your job isn’t worth someone’s life?

So just because you are going down there to show your support you actaully arent really doing anything, just like us in this thread. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Ag marbh wrote:
    Yes because money or anything material isn't worth a human life. QUOTE]

So then....lets by-pass the asylum application system altoghther then, just direct asylum seekers to the nearest cathedral or church and let them starve until we say 'ah go on, sure stay'.....

Honestly I dont give a crp what happens to them, I know alot of others are thinking it. If they think they can just waltz into this or any country and demand to stay...ha, I'd love to see them try the same thing in the U.S!

And the media are a disgrace for giving them airtime.

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    could you please try educate yourself on the matter before making such ignorant comments.

refugees seeking asylum here are not allowed work BY LAW they need the handouts to survive unless the government decides to change this law.
    It wouldnt do you any harm to read the rest of the thread or even all of my points on this before jumping in!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Kiera wrote:
    So all the guilt you are trying to put on us isn’t brushing off on yourself?

You want us to go out and try and save these people from dying but yet losing your job isn’t worth someone’s life?

So just because you are going down there to show your support you actaully arent really doing anything, just like us in this thread. ;)

Very well said.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Ag marbh wrote:
    Where is the evidence of this?
    they admitted as much themselves.
    fact of the matter is, the taliban were a brutal regime. those who worked for them would now obviously be in danger in afghanistan. but that's not our problem. the taliban were put in place by a collaborative effort by...

yes, you guessed it. the u.s. and britain.

let them deal with the mess they created.
    if they are going to go and mess around with the internal affairs of foreign countries, they need to deal with the fall-out.

don't send them back to afghanistan. put them on a ferry to liverpool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Course he isnt going to actually do anything!He'd rather insult people here who dont happen to agree with his point of view,and thereby make himself feel better for not taking any action.His first post when he was through attcaking my veiws was along the lines of "get down there and give blankets..they need them" like he was personally leading some great famine relief operation.But no.he's in work,bickering with other taxpayers about how illegal immigrants should be allowed to dictate the rule of law.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

i am going on hunger strike until eveyone puts €100 into my paypal account...

oh wait its lunch time , i'll start after ....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Kiera, rkeane and all the rest of you.

the only reason you are in a position to call for these guys to be thrown out is because you *HAPPENED* to be born here. Most of you havn't done anything to contribute to the state except pay your taxes, and you only do that because you have to. Most of you would do EXACTLY THE SAME THING if you found yourself in the position these guys found themselves in. Actually, wait. From the sounds of it, most of you wouldn't have the balls.

I'm NOT arguing that these guys are doing the right thing. I'm sickened at the seeming glee that some people - in particular rkeane, who actually said he was praying for someone to get deported - take in another human beings suffering. From a human it's bad enough, from an Irish person its downright shameful. What goes around, comes around.

Advertisement