Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Afghan hunger strike in St Patricks.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭AngryAnderson

The rise of racism in Ireland in recent years has been actively aided and abetted by the state. Ministers and TDs have whipped up racist prejudice to divert the blame from themselves for the problems faced by Irish society. Government response to those fleeing political and economic injustice has been to deport them as quickly as possible, with little regard for their rights under international law.

Actually, the government's stance on immigration and asylum is inline with the UNHCR. I find it ironic how proud RAR are to have so many 'affluent' endorsements from Sinn Féinn. Mind you, it seems that their agendas are quite similar - to reduce Ireland from a strong economic power to a bumbling basketcase 'nation once again' :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Am I under the misapprehension about democracy? Don't we decide our government and they decide asylum regulations??? I mean, if they were goldfish up in St.Patrick's, I'd make the same point.......Do they want us to usurp our own government?????

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I felt sorry for the afgans until they threatened to kill themselves, now i couldn't care less about them. If i got the chance i'd walk in there with a big bag of Mcdonalds and eat it all in front of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭New_Departure06

Perhaps they should rename themselves Residents for Leftism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭ChityWest

Really Arrogant Retards

(sorry coudlnt resist)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Catney

The Irish government aiding the spread of Racism? Where on Earth do they get that from? Now the Government may not do enough to combat racism, i really dont know, but I cannot see what they would have to gain from its spread. Quite the opposite infact, racism adversely affects every state mechanism and society in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

As per usual, the Gardai have absolutely no idea what to do.

DOLEMAN wrote:
    As per usual, the Gardai have absolutely no idea what to do.

Yeah, you'd think they'd have a procedure for something like this. After all, Afghans hijack churches and threaten to kill themselves on a regular basis. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭juslookin

This is going to make a great Father Ted Christmas Special !

A bus load of tourists to Craggy Island include one mysterious chap claiming to be a Mr Sam O'Linbaden, and his freinds carrying a collection of Kalashnikovs, RPGs and bullet belts. O'Linbaden and freinds take up residence in the church and despite Teds best efforts, they don't seem to want to leave ...

Mrs Doyles huuuge tray of cheese sandwiches go down well, and for the first time ever her guests don't need to be told to go on go on go on go on. But a crisis develops as she runs out of processed cheese slices ... she has a lovely bit of ham, the only problem is that she was saving it for Bishop Brennans forthcoming visit ...

A diplomatic incident explodes as the Craggy Island branch of Residents Against Racism accuse Ted of insulting O'Sama and his gang by not removing the stained glass windows as it feature pictures of baby jesus, therefore "not respecting" our new freinds beliefs that all other religions are infidel and must be put to the sword ... Ted can hardly hear himself for the chants of "Down with this sort of thing"

Meanwhile one of the lads explain to Dougal that Islam is the religion of peace and peacefully co-exists with all other religions with a little bit of community work, like that 5000 year old Bhudda statue they blew up. By sheer luck Ted arrives at the local roadside Virgin Mary shrine just in time to step in as the local guards are removing several sacks of nitrogen fertiliser from Dougal's cortina and demanding an explanation ...

Father Jack and "yer man" with the white stick seem to get on great.

The TV news turn up and are about to start filming, and despite the lads sitting in, the protesters from RAR, and the general chaos, Ted and Dougal secretly enjoying all the attention ...

but the phone rings ... It's Father Dick Bryne, of course he lets Ted boast about the Afghan sit in, before he trumps poor old Ted with the news that he has not only got 43 Nigerians on a sit in at his place, but that they seem to be working wonders for the new church roof fundraising appeal ...

thats when the fun really starts ... and it develops into a FARCE

Yeah, you'd think they'd have a procedure for something like this. After all, Afghans hijack churches and threaten to kill themselves on a regular basis. :rolleyes:

No. Everytime the Gardai experience something out of the ordinary they **** it up.

Two recent examples -

... The riots a few weeks ago (Gardai did NOTHING. I followed the rioters around the city.)

... The peaceful Mayday riots a few years back (Gardai beat the **** out of the peaceful protestors.)

No doubt they'll **** this up too...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

The news that the Department aren't backing down is brilliant. Thought the small interview with the woman in the RaR was hilarious though, they really came across as having little or no point and not a leg to stand on.
    If they now go ahead and kill themselves, well, good for them, they died for nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

zuma wrote:
    as they said they would poke the eyes from any Guard that attempts to move them!!!
    lol :D
    Don't the Gardai know that all they have to do to counteract this is place their own hand vertical and flat between their eyes?!
    It's the oldest trick in the three stooges book.

juslookin wrote:
    This is going to make a great Father Ted Christmas Special ! ...

Thats the funniest thing in this whole thread. Classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

I have sympathy for the Afghan men and their predicament.

On the other hand I have nothing but sheer contempt for the pr*cks doing the heckling and racist chanting. There's some on indymedia who are perversely defending this behaviour - citing that these locals have been 'abandoned by their government' and are effectively 'immigrants within their own country' and that 'we need to talk to them before the right-wingers do'.

F*ck that.

DOLEMAN wrote:
    No. Everytime the Gardai experience something out of the ordinary they **** it up.

Two recent examples -

... The riots a few weeks ago (Gardai did NOTHING. I followed the rioters around the city.)

... The peaceful Mayday riots a few years back (Gardai beat the **** out of the peaceful protestors.)

So what would your suggestion be? What should be done in this situation?

I think the indymedia have a semi-good point though: try to save the skangers before they get more extreme. I think that's what they're trying to say at least...

So what would your suggestion be? What should be done in this situation?

Not drag it out. Remove the Afghans from the Church like they should have done a week ago. If the Afghans want to kill themselves, that's not the Gardai's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Here's what RAR say they were set up for, this is from their own site :
    Residents Against Racism was set up to fight against state racism, and to oppose all manifestations of racism

Why the hell are they getting involved then, they have no grounds to be there. Bunch of idiots they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

DOLEMAN wrote:

Two recent examples -

TBH they've already ****ed things up by not grabbing the Afghans the minute they stepped into St. Patricks for their emotional blackmail bollocks. If the Gardai did what they should have done in the first place then more than likely this whole scenario wouldn't have blown into this non-starter political and social debate. However as we all know the Gardai do **** all anyway so there's nothing to surprised about.

DOLEMAN wrote:
    Not drag it out. Remove the Afghans from the Church like they should have done a week ago. If the Afghans want to kill themselves, that's not the Gardai's fault.

Yeah. Good point actually.

• Advertisement

hellboy99 wrote:

Why the hell are they getting involved then, they have no grounds to be there. Bunch of idiots they are.

Yeah, whats racism got to do with it. Infact its positive discrimination, if that was a bunch of Irish nacks, they would have been dragged out by now.

Ireland really is an hilarious case. Our PC attitudes are so unworkable and wrong ... and sometimes so vehement and militant. Yet most of us don't bother to do anything positive to actually help. RAR are a perfect example. They're not doing anything other than trying to undermine the existing system which they, through smoke, mirrors and a complete lack of understanding, are trying to make out as evil. Pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 DrawYourSword

I wonder are their any petitions against the situation thats going on that we can sign, a digital petition we can forward to the gov to tell them we are behind them in their stance against these idiots.
    Or we could all email the ministers dept and tell him to continue the good work!

I wonder are their any petitions against the situation thats going on that we can sign, a digital petition we can forward to the gov to tell them we are behind them in their stance against these idiots.
    Or we could all email the ministers dept and tell him to continue the good work!

I'd offer to set one up online but if these morons end up dying then I'm pretty sure my house will be burnt down by the 'passive' left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

http://www.petitiononline.com/petition.html

Someone get creating! Post in the thread before you create it though, so we don't end up with multiple petitions

I'd offer to set one up online but if these morons end up dying then I'm pretty sure my house will be burnt down by the 'passive' left.

Angry Anderson, get Angry.

This seems to be the latest development from the lefty-loony people @ indymedia

"URGENT update
    by Revolt Video Sat May 20, 2006 21:01
    Riot Police are starting to move into the Cathedral Area...
    People are needed urgently down there"

Riot Police entered the building
    by kevin Sat May 20, 2006 21:27
    Just heard - Public Order Unit have entered the building en masse.

Will post updates as they come in...

Catney wrote:
    Angry Anderson, get Angry.

Ok. Eh... GRRRRRRRR!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Fair play to the government standing up to these people.

How many countries did they pass thru before they reached Ireland they then had every legal avenue open to them. Then they resort to hurger strike and threat.

The government is 100% right on this one.

Is it true about the 2 rival gangs of students yesterday?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Gardai are believed to have entred the Cathedral to remove the men.

Advertisement