Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Afghan hunger strike in St Patricks.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

According to the Evening herald some of them had cheese sandwiches in hospital. FFS, this is a farcical.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Catney

Ahhhh a cheese sambo, the cornerstone of every hungerstrike!!! I would have suggested that they add some ham, and perhaps mustard, but sure they dont eat swine, dont know what they are missing!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭ChityWest

The fact that they are eating cheese sandwiches on their frequent trips to hospital speaks volumes to their credibility. I would like to hear RAR come up with an explanation for that one. Oh and a thirst strike isnt really a thirst strike when theres a daily saline drip is it ?

At this stage I wouldnt be surprised if the blind talibani guy is actually named Mike, and is a cabbie from sheffield, or an alternative comedian from Stirling or somwhere. They are 100% lacking credibility at this stage - the longer they continue the lower peoples opinions of them go. They are harming inter community relations in this country at this stage. Actual racists are right now rubbing their hands with glee - way to go RAR.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

peterq wrote:
    As usual the liberal-left think they have all the answers....
    ....personally I think they've mis-heard the question!
    that's kind of a silly think to say. the conservative right thinks they have all the answers too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Stop all media attention. Lock the doors.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭toffeeman

was there really a counter demo? many at it? Obviously aren't rugby fans!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

This is so predictable, they are refusing medical help now. At least the ambulances will be put to better use;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Weren't they saying on the news during the week that they were receiving glucose and water regularly, or something?! What kind of a strike is that then? The ambulances should just drive away. They could be put to a lot better use than this rubbish. They should be sent home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

I was just at the Cathedral. What a joke.

One side is all the usual bandwagoners with their flags and recruitment drives - support palestine, sinn fein, workers party, etc. Lots of hippies/young students wearing black/unemployed types/annoying mourning types.

On the other side are the local skangers with their "Let them die" slogans. They seem to be there for a laugh as much as anything else. They're totally out numbered though.

I was hanging out with the skangers as they were more fun and obviously see the ridiculousness in the situation.

The hippie types were quite annoying, trying to preach to everyone and talking out of their arse. They've clearly got issues which need psychiatric attention rather than this kind of attention seeking "I'm important" bull****.

I really believe in freedom, and people being allowed do whatever they want, however annoying/against my views, as long as they are not hurting anyone. They should drag these retard afghans out and if they want to kill themselves (which they won't) let them. It's their choice and has nothing to do with us.

Completely ridiculous situation. If they get special treatment cause of this, well then, this country is a ****ing joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭AngryAnderson

DOLEMAN wrote:
    The hippie types were quite annoying, trying to preach to everyone and talking out of their arse. They've clearly got issues which need psychiatric attention rather than this kind of attention seeking "I'm important" bull****.

I wouldn't worry about them. They're generally unemployed wasters whos lives are complete failure. They try to cover this up by claiming to be champions of the poor and vulnerable and by being anti-establishment and generally using pseudo-intellectual claptrap in order to justify the absolute nonsense they talk. Yet these same drains on society are the last people you'll meet in Palestine, Africa, or anywhere for that matter, doing aid work and actually helping people. They just like to moan and believe that they're good people when in actual fact they're anything but. I believe the word is D * * K H E A D S.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

I wouldn't worry about them. They're generally unemployed wasters whos lives are complete failure.

And what are you? What makes your life a success? you dont seem like much to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Ag marbh wrote:
    And what are you? What makes your life a success? you dont seem like much to me.
    How could he seem like anything to you as you do not know him nor indeed, anything about him. You have been canting for days about this lost and illegal cause. Taking over a Cathedral is illegal and if you do not agree with that let's have your address as we may need shelter which might be more luxurious than our kips.

Heinrich wrote:
    How could he seem like anything to you as you do not know him nor indeed, anything about him. You have been canting for days about this lost and illegal cause. Taking over a Cathedral is illegal and if you do not agree with that let's have your address as we may need shelter which might be more luxurious than our kips.

Wasnt speaking to you Heinrich. You point the finger quite quickly to those you don't know either it seems. You have been 'canting' on for days too havent you?.

The rest you have said so many times i've lost count, zzz.

I wouldn't worry about them. They're generally unemployed wasters whos lives are complete failure. They try to cover this up by claiming to be champions of the poor and vulnerable and by being anti-establishment and generally using pseudo-intellectual claptrap in order to justify the absolute nonsense they talk. Yet these same drains on society are the last people you'll meet in Palestine, Africa, or anywhere for that matter, doing aid work and actually helping people. They just like to moan and believe that they're good people when in actual fact they're anything but. I believe the word is D * * K H E A D S.

If you want to see what kind of people they are check out this :

http://www.indymedia.ie/article/76174

In that thread you will find these indymedia/Rar types referring to the talibanis on first name basis, its all

'Sultan and Abdul are still outside. There is no proccess of negotiation going on.'

Dripping with righteous indignation.

Their response to the question of these mens involvement with the terrorist taliban begins . . .

"Many people in the west forget how big families in islamic states can be. "

And then goes on to blame america.

At one point they also compare these men with the men who assasinated Nazi Heydrich in Prague (because those assasins took refuge in a church).

Re the Herald reporting the not-so-hungry-hunger strikers eating cheese sandwiches they attack the media for 'Gloating'.

"Gloatingly, the newspaper also stated that this fact is recorded in his medical records."

They also refer to these afghanis in the same breadth as the land struggle in 19th Century Ireland.

Absolutely unbelievable stuff going on there - well worth checking out - also the audio links some of which will have you in stitches.

Ag marbh wrote:
    Wasnt speaking to you Heinrich. You point the finger quite quickly to those you don't know either it seems. You have been 'canting' on for days too havent you?.

The rest you have said so many times i've lost count, zzz.

You are on a discussion board. If you want to keep your balderdash on a one to one basis then use the PM option.

Heinrich wrote:
    You are on a discussion board. If you want to keep your balderdash on a one to one basis then use the PM option.

No Heinrich, it seems you are the one who needs that advice. I dont jump infront of your posts but you felt the need to reply to a post clearly not directed at you.

Ag marbh wrote:
    No Heinrich, it seems you are the one who needs that advice. I dont jump infront of your posts but you felt the need to reply to a post clearly not directed at you.

Sweet Jesus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭AngryAnderson

Ag marbh wrote:

First of all, you don't know me or anything about me. So how can I seem like anything to you? I can't believe you'd humiliate yourself by saying something so incredibly vapid and unintelligent.

But if you must know, nothing necessarily makes my life a success. I have a decent job with a decent salary, I'm law abiding and generally content. I've been to Palestine several times and Africa once. Many of the degenerates I meet here that protest for the cause of human rights haven't been any further than the UK in their lives and they're the most outspoken, militant and generally malcontented protestors. Yet all they want to do is shout. It doesn't help. Me, I'm not great success. But at least I'm not some angry, loud dipstick full of hot air. Unlike the almost exclusive majority of do-gooder, do-nothings on this island, I actually contribute to trying to make the world a better place - even if my own individual contribution means relatively little. :rolleyes:

That being said, don't think that any relief work I've done makes me a good person. If these Afghans die, then they brought it upon themselves. And that is my stance on this matter. I can imagine that many people will be self-righteous enough to think that they have the moral high-ground because of this. I just hope they enjoy their red wine and watching the Eurovision in their nice warm homes tonight. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Catney

im new to this, is it normal to stray of the point so much? I am not directing this at any particular person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

lol, normal, yes, encouraged, no.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭the_dart

Residents against racism and the protesters outside the
    Cathedral are enouraging this shirade.

If the Afghan hunger strikers die, Residents against Racism and their supporters will have blood on their hands. I wouldn't be able to live with that, can they?

This nonsense is simply a copycat demonstration from a successful one in Belgium. I wouldn't suggest that if this demonstration was successful that it would open the floodgates, but it would certainly lead to copycat demonstrations, considering that this demonstration is a copycat in origin.

I think our hearts and minds should really be with the Department of Justice and the brave men and women of An Garda Síochána at this point in time. It's a very difficult and delicate time for them, we should give them our full support.

Also, these left-wingers who are trying to play the "Religious Card" saying things such as "the church is supporting the hunger-strikers." Well, firstly the church aren't exactly supporting them, it's obvious that they just want the men out of the Cathedral. And secondly, these left-wingers are hypocrits because if the church got involved in anything else to do with the state, the left-wingers would be doing their nut about it.

Finally, I'm convinced that is Osama Bin Laden came over tomorrow and claimed assylum, Residents against Racism would support him.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just watching this on the Six One news now...

Fair play to the Department for not backing down. It's up to the Gardai now, but my vote is that they remove them asap - by force if necessary - and send them home at the earliest opportunity.

Dunno what that one from RAR was on about though. Maggie Thatcher and Bobby Sands have nothing to do with this illegal action.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

This copycat tactic should not suceed. It should not warrant media attention.
    Finally, I'm convinced that is Osama Bin Laden came over tomorrow and claimed assylum, Residents against Racism would support him.

I agree.

This hurger strike lark is complete nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Kaiser2000 wrote:

Dunno what that one from RAR was on about though. Maggie Thatcher and Bobby Sands have nothing to do with this illegal action.

But RTE still saw merit in such comments.

RTE loves a media circus.

Even indymedia cant seem to find anyone (who is not in an RAR type group) to support these afghans

http://radio.indymedia.org/uploads/sounds_from_the_heart_of_the_city.wav

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Ag marbh wrote:

Post, not the poster. Post, not the poster.

This situation is a complete joke by the way - amazed the Gardai have let it go on for as long as it has, the attention of the world is starting to focus on it now. End it before it becomes an international embarrassment!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

FInd out more about Rar here

http://www.residentsagainstracism.org/

Their only argument seems to be 'these people have a better life in Ireland so let them stay'.

I think the RAR site gives a perfect indication on their position with this quote:

"The rise of racism in Ireland in recent years has been actively aided and abetted by the state. Ministers and TDs have whipped up racist prejudice to divert the blame from themselves for the problems faced by Irish society. Government response to those fleeing political and economic injustice has been to deport them as quickly as possible, with little regard for their rights under international law. Gardai and other state officials have been guilty of racist abuse, both physical and verbal."

Complete drivel imo. No one really takes them seriously - and at this point they have linked themselves to a lost cause and its on the point of backfiring on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Send in the ERU as they said they would poke the eyes from any Guard that attempts to move them!!!

Cheese sandwiches, saline drips, glucose....FFS this isnt a hunger/thirst or any other kind of strike!

I want this finished with NOW!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

"The rise of racism in Ireland in recent years has been actively aided and abetted by the state. Ministers and TDs have whipped up racist prejudice to divert the blame from themselves for the problems faced by Irish society. Government response to those fleeing political and economic injustice has been to deport them as quickly as possible, with little regard for their rights under international law.

They forget that the economic migrants themselves have little regard for the law by coming here illegally and not accepting the Irish law regarding asylum in general.

Advertisement