Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 TinaW

Yep I had that dating one a few days ago.... didn't send anything in because I had deleted the email so didn't have the survey number! Do you have the number by any chance and I'll send them an email about it too. They can't ignore it if we all email about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

TinaW wrote: »
    Yep I had that dating one a few days ago.... didn't send anything in because I had deleted the email so didn't have the survey number! Do you have the number by any chance and I'll send them an email about it too. They can't ignore it if we all email about it!

No survey number on the email to me. Wouldn't you have the email in your trash folder or deleted items?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

IO has dried up to near nothing for me which is odd. Other survey sites are supplying at their normal paces.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

L1011 wrote: »
    IO has dried up to near nothing for me which is odd. Other survey sites are supplying at their normal paces.

Same here.

RainyDay wrote: »
    Anyone else get this one about dating websites and other social media?

Survey topic:

Miscellaneous

Reward for qualification and completion:

It started out with a page something like "This is a page to get a unique link that the user won't see" with a spelling error thrown in - never a good sign. Then when I got to 90-something% complete, and then got the 'you don't meet our required criteria' message - very annoying - have emailed them, but have never got a good response to one of these issues in the past, unlike some here.
    TinaW wrote: »

Got a .75c credit for this yesterday.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Fantastic OpinionWorld survey there which is clearly transnational but had translated the names of political parties here to English, presumably as part of the translation process of the questions. So I had to say I wasn't voting for We Ourselves or the Family of the Irish...

So I had to say I wasn't voting for We Ourselves or the Family of the Irish...

Brilliant - a screenshot of this would get wide attention...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

I'm getting plenty sent to me but I'm getting screened out etc straight away. I'd say I've only completed one out of the last 6 sent.

• Advertisement

I got the first RedC I've had for a couple of weeks today, but got stuck on a drag-and-drop question about kids juices. There was no dragging or dropping happening no matter what I did.

See attached photo.

Is this happening for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    I'm getting plenty sent to me but I'm getting screened out etc straight away. I'd say I've only completed one out of the last 6 sent.

Yeah I must be in some demographic that's oversubscribed. Reached €50 on RedC last week though, and look forward to a cheque soon. I'm already €5 into my next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭cbreeze

I gave up on them because I was getting messages that said they had reached their target sample within 15 minutes of the email. So I unsubscribed.

Last few IO - there's only been a few - have worked fine. Screening out all over the shop on Acumen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

RainyDay wrote: »
    I got the first RedC I've had for a couple of weeks today, but got stuck on a drag-and-drop question about kids juices. There was no dragging or dropping happening no matter what I did.

See attached photo.

Is this happening for anyone else?

Worked ok for me. Maybe it was your browser?

One mid-length political survey and another with a few political questions thrown in in the middle of a general survey this morning so far. Election related ones are definitely starting to come in now

Odd one off Acumen there. Survey was hosted on Toluna and used the mental Brainjuicer woman; and the amount paid was higher than the email said (not by much).

Acumens survey engine was nice, particularly the auto forwarding when you selected an answer and it remembering your vital details - hope they don't move.

Odd one off Acumen there. Survey was hosted on Toluna and used the mental Brainjuicer woman; and the amount paid was higher than the email said (not by much).

Acumens survey engine was nice, particularly the auto forwarding when you selected an answer and it remembering your vital details - hope they don't move.

One survey or more off everyone, although Toluna gets ignored. No screenouts that didn't lead me to another survey either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Similar situation here. I'm getting screened out immediately upon clicking the link with the message "Thank you for your interest. Unfortunately, we don’t have any available surveys for you at this time. Please try again later.". This was happening with every survey I was getting recently, to the point where I was going to email them thinking there was a problem, but I have been able to at least begin some surveys and complete a couple over the last week.

I understand getting screened out for not fitting the demographics etc. or that they have reached their quota but this is happening almost all the time now. I just tried one sent 46 minutes ago and got the same message.

Something funny going on today - getting filtered out, and then below the 'we have already reached our target' message, there is a multi-lingual 'website not working' message.

Thank you for your interest. We have reached our target number of participants and the survey is now closed.]

Corporate Information | Terms and Conditions | Legal Information | Privacy Statement

Our website is currently unavailable. We are conducting planned maintenance in order to provide you with an optimal online experience. During this time, the website and surveys are not accessible. Rest assured we’re working to complete this maintenance as quickly as possible. We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused. Please try again later.
    Nuestro sitio web no está disponible en este momento. Estamos realizando tareas de mantenimiento programadas para ofrecerle la mejor experiencia en línea. Mientras se realicen estas tareas, no se podrá acceder al sitio web ni a las encuestas. Puede estar seguro de que estamos trabajando para terminar este mantenimiento lo más rápido posible. Lamentamos cualquier inconveniente ocasionado. Vuelva a intentarlo más tarde.
    Notre site Web n'est pas disponible actuellement. Cet entretien prévu est effectué afin de vous offrir la meilleure expérience en ligne possible. Vous n'aurez pas accès au site ou aux enquêtes pendant cette période. Nous nous efforçons de terminer cette opération de maintenance dans les meilleurs délais. Nous sommes désolés du désagrément causé. Veuillez réessayer ultérieurement.
    Unsere Website ist derzeit nicht verfügbar. Wir führen geplante Wartungsarbeiten durch, um Ihnen ein optimales Online-Erlebnis bieten zu können. In dieser Zeit können Sie weder auf die Website noch auf Umfragen zugreifen. Wir versichern Ihnen, dass wir uns bemühen, diese Wartungsarbeiten so schnell wie möglich abzuschließen. Bitte versuchen Sie es später noch einmal.
    我们的网站暂时不能使用。 我们正按计划维护网站,以便为您提供最佳在线体验。 在此期间,无法使用网站和调查问卷。请放心,我们将尽快完成维护工作。 我们为由此造成的不便表示歉意。请稍后再试。

• Advertisement

Something funny going on today - getting filtered out, and then below the 'we have already reached our target' message, there is a multi-lingual 'website not working' message.

Thank you for your interest. We have reached our target number of participants and the survey is now closed.]

Corporate Information | Terms and Conditions | Legal Information | Privacy Statement

Our website is currently unavailable. We are conducting planned maintenance in order to provide you with an optimal online experience. During this time, the website and surveys are not accessible. Rest assured we’re working to complete this maintenance as quickly as possible. We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused. Please try again later.
    Nuestro sitio web no está disponible en este momento. Estamos realizando tareas de mantenimiento programadas para ofrecerle la mejor experiencia en línea. Mientras se realicen estas tareas, no se podrá acceder al sitio web ni a las encuestas. Puede estar seguro de que estamos trabajando para terminar este mantenimiento lo más rápido posible. Lamentamos cualquier inconveniente ocasionado. Vuelva a intentarlo más tarde.
    Notre site Web n'est pas disponible actuellement. Cet entretien prévu est effectué afin de vous offrir la meilleure expérience en ligne possible. Vous n'aurez pas accès au site ou aux enquêtes pendant cette période. Nous nous efforçons de terminer cette opération de maintenance dans les meilleurs délais. Nous sommes désolés du désagrément causé. Veuillez réessayer ultérieurement.
    Unsere Website ist derzeit nicht verfügbar. Wir führen geplante Wartungsarbeiten durch, um Ihnen ein optimales Online-Erlebnis bieten zu können. In dieser Zeit können Sie weder auf die Website noch auf Umfragen zugreifen. Wir versichern Ihnen, dass wir uns bemühen, diese Wartungsarbeiten so schnell wie möglich abzuschließen. Bitte versuchen Sie es später noch einmal.
    我们的网站暂时不能使用。 我们正按计划维护网站,以便为您提供最佳在线体验。 在此期间,无法使用网站和调查问卷。请放心,我们将尽快完成维护工作。 我们为由此造成的不便表示歉意。请稍后再试。

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Yes got that twice today

Got it as well. Tried the survey again later and it bounced then too, so I can't tell if it was just a problem with display or what.

Today's media survey was fun, with Likert-style questions with two 'Definitely disagree' columns and no 'definitely agree' column - kinda sloppy.

What was obviously a recurrent Sky tracker survey I got every few months is now hosted on "surveys.bskyb.com"

I know they don't outsource much other than the installers (still have their own support staff etc) but having their own survey engine is a bit strange!

Its obviously a UK based survey just changed for Ireland as it asks for your broadband speed and won't accept either of the two speeds UPC offer as they're "too large".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Anyone here do the tns postal survey panel? Joined a few weeks ago, and recording post received but no mention of what the rewards are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Anyone here do the tns postal survey panel? Joined a few weeks ago, and recording post received but no mention of what the rewards are.

I'm doing one for UNEX I think they are called.

They supply prepaid envelopes in advance and you go online to record each time you get a package. You return the item mailed using the prepaid envelope.

Dunnes Stores vouchers are the rewards for these.

I'm not sure if this is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

They supply prepaid envelopes in advance and you go online to record each time you get a package. You return the item mailed using the prepaid envelope.

Thats the one! How often do you get vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I only joined in October. Got €15 in vouchers in Jan, so every three months I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

This looks really cool - but do other people (i.e. other survey panelists) have access to your address if you're a sender/receiver? ..... or do you just get a letter from UNEX directly to return to UNEX??

(Just worried about confidentiality :o)

Advertisement