Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I'm not disagreeing with ya. Only saying I remember looking at that site a while back and first line was you read to be in the 50 states of the US or something and closed the window after that.

If you want to check them out here is the link

http://ie.mysurvey.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I've been using Irish Opinions for about 3.5 years now, once the latest credits clear I'll have made €200. Like others have said, I don't see why people are being negative about it (aside from the obvious problematic cases like vouchers out of stock etc) - no-one is being forced into doing them! I even won an iPod from them a few months after I signed up; they seemed to have stopped doing those draws now but for anyone who remembers, that wasn't BS either :) It is annoying when you get past the demographic stuff, answer a few 'real' questions and then get booted with the quota thing but those are few and far between in my experience.

BTW, for anyone who uses them and gets a survey about media (I got it earlier this morning) it'll ask for a postcode at the end, 90210 is the only one I could get it to accept (wouldn't accept my own, I tried some UK ones too) - it won't let you (or didn't let me at least) finish without entering one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

I got a sky one today, it asked for a postcode at the end i just entered meath and it worked.

lisar816 wrote: »
    I got a sky one today, it asked for a postcode at the end i just entered meath and it worked.
    Yeah, that was the one - it must not see mixtures of letters and numbers as valid postcodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 GrzegorzBray

Dear board.ie users;
    After over a month of waiting and many unanswered complaints I finally got my Amazon.com vouchers so I'm glad; the e--mail address that seemed to have worked was infouk@researchnow.com, which was posted by one of the boards.ie users (although maybe it was my legal threats that worked). Who knows, maybe the problem lies with Amazon and not with IrishOpinions, as someone here wrote that he was getting Tesco vouchers but never got Amazon vouchers; anyway I'm thankful to boards.ie users rather than Irish Opinions. Will I recommend them? Yes and no - yes, because I finally got paid; no, because they've never answered any of my e-mails until I complained to their UK headquarters - because there was no apologies from them for the delay and no reply, so I still don't know if they paid me because that's what they always do or they paid me to stop spreading bad opinion about them.
    Is is a scam then?
    No, it isn't a scam because scams never pay; but it is a pretty unprofessional company though, with no working e-mail, no contact number and no apologies for no reply.
    So I'm personally quitting Irish Opinions, but perhaps there are better survey companies than them?
    In case someone says - I'm getting money for nothing and I'm still complaining - no, Irish Opinions are not a charity, they make a fortune on people like us, so why not demand the same standards from them as we would for any other company (or as we would from a waiter who is asked a question twice and ignores you)?

• Advertisement

Dear board.ie users;
    After over a month of waiting and many unanswered complaints I finally got my Amazon.com vouchers so I'm glad; the e--mail address that seemed to have worked was infouk@researchnow.com, which was posted by one of the boards.ie users (although maybe it was my legal threats that worked). Who knows, maybe the problem lies with Amazon and not with IrishOpinions, as someone here wrote that he was getting Tesco vouchers but never got Amazon vouchers; anyway I'm thankful to boards.ie users rather than Irish Opinions. Will I recommend them? Yes and no - yes, because I finally got paid; no, because they've never answered any of my e-mails until I complained to their UK headquarters - because there was no apologies from them for the delay and no reply, so I still don't know if they paid me because that's what they always do or they paid me to stop spreading bad opinion about them.
    Is is a scam then?
    No, it isn't a scam because scams never pay; but it is a pretty unprofessional company though, with no working e-mail, no contact number and no apologies for no reply.
    So I'm personally quitting Irish Opinions, but perhaps there are better survey companies than them?
    In case someone says - I'm getting money for nothing and I'm still complaining - no, Irish Opinions are not a charity, they make a fortune on people like us, so why not demand the same standards from them as we would for any other company (or as we would from a waiter who is asked a question twice and ignores you)?
    When i got my vouchers they had come from England so maybe they were not receiving your emails from the original address you used

• Registered Users Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭touts

Dear board.ie users;
    Is is a scam then?

I have to say I've never had an issue with them. When I reach €10 credit I cash it in for Amazon vouchers and get e-mailed a voucher instantly. I can't comment on their customer service because I've never had any reason to contact them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I too have never had a single problem in all the years I have been claiming vouchers. Money for old rope!

I don't know what the problem was with my vouchers then. It wasn't the e-mail address, because they've been sending me surveys daily. Initially I thought that maybe it was a problem with Amazon, but I see that all the codes of all my vouchers have May dates - which means t h e y got the codes immediately, but chose not to send them to me for whatever reason (perhaps they hoped I won't claim them? or perhaps they are more reliable when it comes to posting vouchers, since their e-mail is invalid?).

Anyway, infouk@researchnow.com is the e-mail to write (forget the online contact form they list on their website - it's a joke) - it took only week for their UK headquarters to respond (as opposed to never for IrishOpinions) - that's for the Doash who never got Amazon vouchers.

BTW, I was thinking - since we all seem to spend some - considerable - time to make money for those companies - should our first preference not be online survey companies based in Ireland?

It's just a thought

I don't know what the problem was with my vouchers then. It wasn't the e-mail address, because they've been sending me surveys daily. Initially I thought that maybe it was a problem with Amazon, but I see that all the codes of all my vouchers have May dates - which means t h e y got the codes immediately, but chose not to send them to me for whatever reason (perhaps they hoped I won't claim them? or perhaps they are more reliable when it comes to posting vouchers, since their e-mail is invalid?).

Anyway, infouk@researchnow.com is the e-mail to write (forget the online contact form they list on their website - it's a joke) - it took only week for their UK headquarters to respond (as opposed to never for IrishOpinions) - that's for the Doash who never got Amazon vouchers.

BTW, I was thinking - since we all seem to spend some - considerable - time to make money for those companies - should our first preference not be online survey companies based in Ireland?

It's just a thought
    No problem, you send me a link to one as good as irishoptions and ill will gladly take surveys for them

• Advertisement

Maybe this http://irelandsurveypanel.com? I've never tried them, so I cannot recommend them.
    BTW, did you ever try getting Amazon vouchers? Perhaps Irish Opinions only have problems with Amazon, or perhaps it's only online vouchers that they don't deliver for whatever reason...

Did you ever get those Amazon vouchers?

Maybe this http://irelandsurveypanel.com? I've never tried them, so I cannot recommend them.
    BTW, did you ever try getting Amazon vouchers? Perhaps Irish Opinions only have problems with Amazon, or perhaps it's only online vouchers that they don't deliver for whatever reason...

I wish you luck with that one. I am with them and it take about a year to get €10.

I nearly always get Amazon vouchers and they arrive within 2 minutes every time. Tesco can take a while as they are posted out and dependant on them having a stock on hand.
    Look, you had a problem. Get over it. Generally Irish Opinions are spot on to deal with.

As for sticking to an Irish company. Firstly I'll take anybody's money. I'm with Irish Opinions, Ireland Survey panel, Red C, Irish Times, some other "Irish" ones and a couple based in America. Secondly Ireland Survey Panel is not an Irish company either. Indeed, they quote $ on all their documents instead of €.

What relevance is it that we spend time doing surveys for money and if the company is Irish or not?

I had a problem, but I don't have it anymore - I got my codes after 7 weeks of hassle, I signed out of the Irish Opinions and I'm just hoping they'll improve their service as to it's unusual to run a company with no working numbers/e-mails (and it's not that they are busy - working in reservations, that's busy - do they get 10,000 e-mails a month that they can't answer?).

Perhaps it's related to online Amazon vouchers specifically (someone here had the same problems as me just 2 weeks ago), although it looks like it isn't since you say you got them immediately (like yours, my codes are all dated in May, but they've just kept them and never sent them to me until I wrote to the UK).

BTW, it's not the first time that boards.ie turnes out to be the best informed website in Ireland - without that e-mail address I found here I would have never seen my €30.

The difference would be of course money being spent in the Irish economy going to people paying taxes in Ireland, although with an economy so open to import, closed to internal competition and indebted (that imports 50,000 tonnes of potatoes from the UK alone) as Ireland's it's becoming pretty much irrelevant where the company located is located, I have to agree.

Did it take you a year with that "dollar" Irish company because the rewards so meagre, the surveys were so infrequent or they were reluctant to pay?

Of course I'll take anyone's money as well, it's just if I had a choice to spend 30 min with the company located in Germany or in Ireland, I'd prefer the latter

I nearly always get Amazon vouchers and they arrive within 2 minutes every time.
    Same here - I only take the Amazon vouchers and have never had a problem receiving/using them, and that's 19 vouchers and counting.

I had a problem, but I don't have it anymore - I got my codes after 7 weeks of hassle, I signed out of the Irish Opinions and I'm just hoping they'll improve their service as to it's unusual to run a company with no working numbers/e-mails (and it's not that they are busy - working in reservations, that's busy - do they get 10,000 e-mails a month that they can't answer?).

Perhaps it's related to online Amazon vouchers specifically (someone here had the same problems as me just 2 weeks ago), although it looks like it isn't since you say you got them immediately (like yours, my codes are all dated in May, but they've just kept them and never sent them to me until I wrote to the UK).

BTW, it's not the first time that boards.ie turnes out to be the best informed website in Ireland - without that e-mail address I found here I would have never seen my €30.

The difference would be of course money being spent in the Irish economy going to people paying taxes in Ireland, although with an economy so open to import, closed to internal competition and indebted (that imports 50,000 tonnes of potatoes from the UK alone) as Ireland's it's becoming pretty much irrelevant where the company located is located, I have to agree.

Did it take you a year with that "dollar" Irish company because the rewards so meagre, the surveys were so infrequent or they were reluctant to pay?

Of course I'll take anyone's money as well, it's just if I had a choice to spend 30 min with the company located in Germany or in Ireland, I'd prefer the latter

Yet, again. You had a problem. The vast majority don't. They do not give bad service - you just had a problem that we can't comment on as we don't know all the facts and don't really know what, or who, was the cause.

As for sticking to Irish companies - firstly there are very few truly Irish online survey companies who actually pay decent money (if any money at all) for surveys. And the use of foreign companies is like exporting for us, as we are taking money from them and can spend it within the Irish economy if we wish. We are not taking money out of the Irish economy by taking part in these surveys. Your logic is extremely flawed and it's irrelevant in many ways to this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Is it possible to use multiple Amazon voucher codes at the checkout? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭touts

genie wrote: »
    Is it possible to use multiple Amazon voucher codes at the checkout? :confused:

As you get each voucher just process it onto your amazon account (you don't have to wait until you are buying something). Then it adds to your credit on your amazon account and when you come to buy something you can use that credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

I just did that Vodafone survey this morning. I typed in my mobile number without considering it too much, but now I'm slightly concerned that I'll start receiving things in the future.

I'm guessing the large paragraph on the previous page would have told me something about it but I didn't read that fully!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭liam650

why did you put your real phone number in lol i completely BS my way through all the surveys and so far ive got 4 x 10 euro tesco vouchers and ive a few pending credits so il get another 1 soon, the surveys are the biggest load of rubbish i have ever seen

• Advertisement

liam650 wrote: »
    why did you put your real phone number in lol i completely BS my way through all the surveys and so far ive got 4 x 10 euro tesco vouchers and ive a few pending credits so il get another 1 soon, the surveys are the biggest load of rubbish i have ever seen
    Answering them properly isn't exactly the most taxing thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

liam650 wrote: »

I was worried if I put in a non-existant number it would tell me I wasn't eligible any longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

one thing that bugs the crap out of me is when they send you surveys and about 5 questions in they say "you are not elligable for this survey" or "Sorry we have reached our target number of applications"

That drives me nuts, they say they send you surveys based on your profile- but the 1st five questions are always the same - age sex county job and have you any kids, and its always 1 of those answered wrong that stop you being eligable for the survey. So if they know the answers to these 5 already based on your profile then why do they send you ones you wont be elligable for

annoys me

Ive about 14euro in surveys done and for the last month cant get it any higher.

Has anyone had an issue with tesco not accepting the vouchers??

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Private Joker

I always get the beverage one when it asks "have you drank any of these in the past year" can never get past it.

I always get the beverage one when it asks "have you drank any of these in the past year" can never get past it.
    I get that one a fair bit, I tried ticking all the boxes (more or less was accurate anyway except for the cream soda option) at one stage to see if I could get past that screen and couldn't. I assume they're looking for people who haven't drank one or more of the things listed. Either that or it's broken, but I've got that one about 5 times I think so it's unlikely.

I get that one a fair bit, I tried ticking all the boxes (more or less was accurate anyway except for the cream soda option) at one stage to see if I could get past that screen and couldn't. I assume they're looking for people who haven't drank one or more of the things listed. Either that or it's broken, but I've got that one about 5 times I think so it's unlikely.

everytime a survey freezes on me i take a screen shot and send it to them, and explain the situation- and they have always given me a % of the reward.Not my fault if the surveys dodgy

everytime a survey freezes on me i take a screen shot and send it to them, and explain the situation- and they have always given me a % of the reward.Not my fault if the surveys dodgy
    Nah, it's not crashing; this one just seems to be looking for something very specific, it doesn't matter what way I answer it - I'm always ineligible to go on. Like I said, I've done the same one 5+ times and it never lets me go further than the 'have you drank blah blah over the last year'. I'm guessing the same thing is happening to Private Joker.

Nah, it's not crashing; this one just seems to be looking for something very specific, it doesn't matter what way I answer it - I'm always ineligible to go on. Like I said, I've done the same one 5+ times and it never lets me go further than the 'have you drank blah blah over the last year'. I'm guessing the same thing is happening to Private Joker.

well if it was me id be screen shotting it to them and saying that the surveys dodgy- they will still take your answers you have already put in so why shouldnt you get something for it

well if it was me id be screen shotting it to them and saying that the surveys dodgy- they will still take your answers you have already put in so why shouldnt you get something for it
    I don't know if the survey is dodgy or not, like I said they could be looking for some very specific demographic therefore I just don't qualify to proceed. If it happens again I might ask them what's going on with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I don't know if the survey is dodgy or not, like I said they could be looking for some very specific demographic therefore I just don't qualify to proceed. If it happens again I might ask them what's going on with it.

I think its the qualifying questions your getting stuck on, happens to me a fair bit too, no need to be e-mailing screenshots of that IMO. If you don't qualify you don't qualify, luck of the draw.

Sometimes you can hit lucky too, I done a load of qualifying questions to a survey at the start of the year, then it went blank, a few days later I got invited to take part in an alcohol survey it lasted 14 days got €20 for it, only took about 3 - 5 mins a day

Advertisement