Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prayer Requests / Testimonies

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Leanan Sidhe

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers Cathy.

I was wondering if anyone could please spare a prayer my way...at the moment I have just become a new Christian, so if you can pray to strengthen my relationship with God, I would appreciate it.

Also, I suffer from deep depression and my husband is out of work, so money is tight at the moment. Please pray for us, especially for my husband to be able to find work soon, although its next to impossible with this recession, but I would be grateful for any thoughts and prayers said for us. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers Cathy.

I was wondering if anyone could please spare a prayer my way...at the moment I have just become a new Christian, so if you can pray to strengthen my relationship with God, I would appreciate it.

Also, I suffer from deep depression and my husband is out of work, so money is tight at the moment. Please pray for us, especially for my husband to be able to find work soon, although its next to impossible with this recession, but I would be grateful for any thoughts and prayers said for us. Thank you.
    Hello Leanan, congratulations on the conversion! I'm off to pray shortly so I'll include you and your hubby in my intentions.

God bless,
    Noel.

Thanks so much Noel, I greatly appreciate it!

Thats great news Cathy, I am so happy for you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭minime1

Can I ask please for your prayers I really need them. My life seems to be falling apart. My bf & I are having major problems I love him so much & feel I cannot cope without him. Please pray that we can work things out. I fear he has fallen out of love with me.

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

For as long as I can remember our church has been nomadic, renting out various accommodation over the years. We've broke bread in hotels, community centres and day care centres. Recently the Lord provided us with some funds and through prayer we decided to use this as a building fund, in the hope that we would be blessed with a premises of our own. We had a fruitless time for a while as we had many bids rejected and came across nothing new in the property market.

Last month we saw a place that was ideal. Trusting in the Lord we put in a bid and left it in his hands. Praise God our bid has been accepted and it looks like soon we will have a place of our own. It is the culmination of prayer and trust in divine providence. Please join me in praising God for this. May he bless our church in its mew surroundings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

keano_afc wrote: »
    For as long as I can remember our church has been nomadic, renting out various accommodation over the years. We've broke bread in hotels, community centres and day care centres. Recently the Lord provided us with some funds and through prayer we decided to use this as a building fund, in the hope that we would be blessed with a premises of our own. We had a fruitless time for a while as we had many bids rejected and came across nothing new in the property market.

Last month we saw a place that was ideal. Trusting in the Lord we put in a bid and left it in his hands. Praise God our bid has been accepted and it looks like soon we will have a place of our own. It is the culmination of prayer and trust in divine providence. Please join me in praising God for this. May he bless our church in its mew surroundings.

Glad to hear it! Praise God!

I know that one unanticipated effect of the recession is that many churches are finding it cheaper and easier to get property. Several of our churches that have never had a permanent meeting place are now renting very nice pieces of property at bargain basement prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Noble Knight

I praise the Lord for my life as it is a gift given by him.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭chozometroid

My pregnant wife just found out from the nurse, that her blood test came back abnormal. Please pray that our baby will be healthy, mentally and physically. I believe in the power of prayer, and that God the Great Physician can make it happen.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

I am really sorry about that - will pray that your baby will be OK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

minime1 wrote: »
    Can I ask please for your prayers I really need them. My life seems to be falling apart. My bf & I are having major problems I love him so much & feel I cannot cope without him. Please pray that we can work things out. I fear he has fallen out of love with me.

Thank you

Your life might seem like it's falling apart with regards to your boyfriend, but you will survive no matter what the outcome is. I will pray for you minime but God does not always answer prayers the way we think they should be answered. What we think we need may not be what He has in store for us. Take care, will be praying...

My pregnant wife just found out from the nurse, that her blood test came back abnormal. Please pray that our baby will be healthy, mentally and physically. I believe in the power of prayer, and that God the Great Physician can make it happen.

Thanks.

Hi chozo, am so so sorry for the stress you and your wife are going through. Will absolutely keep you and your little baby in prayer...

Thanks.

Hello Chozo, sorry to hear the bad news. I'm off to say my prayers now so I'll put in a good word for you! :) I hope God rewards your great faith.

God bless you all, Noel.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭chozometroid

My wife went to the clinic today to follow-up. She had the blood test done that tests for NTD, Down's, and Trisomy 18, I think. The nurse said her AFP level was borderline high, in the 2.0 - 2.5 range.
    She got her medical record and it said 2.03. I would say this is nothing to worry about! This is only a risk, and our baby's development is in God's hands.

Praise God for a healthy baby! I have no reason to doubt him for all He has done in my life.

Thank you all for your prayers.

That is wonderful news Chozo, thank you for letting us know...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

O most beautiful flower
    of Mount Carmel, fruitful vine, splendor of Heaven, Blessed
    Mother of the Son of God, Immaculate Virgin, assist me in my
    necessity, O star of the sea, help me and show me here You are
    my Mother O holy Mary Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and
    Earth, I humbly beseech you from the bottom of my heart to
    succor me into my necesity (make request here). There are
    none that can withstand your power. O Mary conceived without
    sin pray for us who have recourse to thee (3 times). Holy
    Mary I place this cause in your hands (3 times). Say the
    prayer for three (3) consecutive days, then you must publish
    it and it will be granted to you. Thank you blessed Mother
    for hearing my prayers and answering them. I am forever your
    humble servant.

Hello Rob, you can't go posting a prayer like that, you'll upset our separated brethern! :pac:

I like the prayer but nobody can't twist God's arm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

kelly1 wrote: »

I like the prayer but nobody can't twist God's arm.

is that the spirit working through you Noel? :)

tbh wrote: »
    is that the spirit working through you Noel? :)

Must be! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Communicator

I want to thank the Lord for getting me to this point in my life. there were times I didn't think I'd make it to here - but I did. And it was because of you Lord. You got me here. And you sent me the most wonderful son too! How lucky am I!! We thank you everyday Lord, that we have our wonderful little family that's so full of love. Amen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

i know i dont post on here but could i ask you all to keep a friend of mine in your prayers over the next few days, unfortunatly on tuesday he found the problems in his life too much and made the decison to end his own life, can you please keep his family in your prayers to has they now have to bring him home to the neatherlands to lay him to rest
    Thanks
    PH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

i know i dont post on here but could i ask you all to keep a friend of mine in your prayers over the next few days, unfortunatly on tuesday he found the problems in his life too much and made the decison to end his own life, can you please keep his family in your prayers to has they now have to bring him home to the neatherlands to lay him to rest
    Thanks
    PH

So sorry to hear this. Praying for his family, and indeed for you as you cope with the loss of a friend under such tragic circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Ms. Crabapple

Could you please include my mother in your prayers. She has so many health problems and just underwent another operation today. I just don't want her to feel the pain she has been suffering any more. I feel so helpless. She deserves a break from this cancer and a chance to enjoy life again.

My regards and prayers to all those who have posted before me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 emigrant36

I just want to thank God for all he has done for me.
    My life has changed so much in this last year. God brought me through the hard times and I've learned to have faith and trust in him and his will. Now when I feel I'm at a turning point, I remind myself that God will take me where I need to go. He brings every person into my life for a reason, so I'm trying to appreciate each and every one of them.
    I trust the Lord to guide me and protect me x

I pray that others find the peace that God offers to us all.

I pray that I can continue to accept and follow God, Jesus and the saints.

Good post Emigrant. God bless you.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭maidie

Hi everyone, having read others requests(which I include in prayers) I feel a bit cheeky making this request but here goes.. My daughter is in for a scholarship/finacial award towards her third level education, she has been interviewed as well as 4 other nominees yesterday and will know the result tomorrow. She had a very tough year with bullying etc and continued to work extremely hard even days when she was unwell with fever, migraines etc. Please could you include her in your prayers as I feel that she deserves it so much and she forgot relevent information during interview which might have improved her chances.. I am so grateful and will let you know how things workout on Thursday... Thank You

Could you please pray that we will get pregnant with a healthy baby soon(and me and my husband be healthy). Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭wicklowgal

First time to this thread, and just want to say how lovely it is. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

I would like The Lord and St.Francis of Assisi.

• Advertisement

Another prayer request - this time for one of my favorite uncles who is not well at the moment and is in hospital - he is one of the nicest men I know and I adore him, could you please pray that he is OK. Thanks.

Advertisement