Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prayer Requests / Testimonies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Three simple simple prayers.

I pray that God helps the authorities to act swiftly, decisively and with wisdom when attempting to deal with the aftermath of the Haiti earthquake.

I pray that God offers the people of Haiti strength for their loss and the times ahead.

I pray that we don't turn our backs on Haiti after it has slipped from the news.

Finally here is some food for thought. It remains as pertinent today for Christians (and non-Christians alike) as when it written in the aftermath of the 2004 tsunami.
    As for comfort, when we seek it, I can imagine none greater than the happy knowledge that when I see the death of a child I do not see the face of God, but the face of His enemy. It is not a faith that would necessarily satisfy Ivan Karamazov, but neither is it one that his arguments can defeat: for it has set us free from optimism, and taught us hope instead. We can rejoice that we are saved not through the immanent mechanisms of history and nature, but by grace; that God will not unite all of history’s many strands in one great synthesis, but will judge much of history false and damnable; that He will not simply reveal the sublime logic of fallen nature, but will strike off the fetters in which creation languishes; and that, rather than showing us how the tears of a small girl suffering in the dark were necessary for the building of the Kingdom, He will instead raise her up and wipe away all tears from her eyes—and there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying, nor any more pain, for the former things will have passed away, and He that sits upon the throne will say, “Behold, I make all things new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Alex_Jones

Saint Michael the Archangel,
    defend us in battle.
    Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
    by the Divine Power of God -
    cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
    who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen.

st-michael-the-archangel.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

Thanks to all who have kept wife and baby in their prayers. First scan went well, all looking good. Anxiety being replaced by excitement now:) Please keep them in your prayers.

Thanks again.
    J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I would really ask you to be praying for the Christian Unions around Ireland as they start into a new Semester that they might impact their campuses. If you want to know who or what to pray for please click here. There will be a new edition of Prayer News out for the March - April period.

Please pray for us to find new leaders who are enthusiastic about the Gospel. Please pray that our events impact others on our campuses. Please also pray that the Lord will be glorified in all that we do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

Written by Basil the Great

O God and Lord of the Powers, and Maker of all creation, Who, because of Thy clemency and incomparable mercy, didst send Thine Only-Begotten Son and our Lord Jesus Christ for the salvation of mankind, and with His venerable Cross didst tear asunder the record of our sins, and thereby didst conquer the rulers and powers of darkness;

Receive from us sinful people, O merciful Master, these prayers of gratitude and supplication, and deliver us from every destructive and gloomy transgression, and from all visible and invisible enemies who seek to injure us.

Nail down our flesh with fear of Thee, and let not our hearts be inclined to words or thoughts of evil, but pierce our souls with Thy love, that ever contemplating Thee, being enlightened by Thee, and discerning Thee, the unapproachable and everlasting Light, we may unceasingly render confession and gratitude to Thee: The eternal Father, with Thine Only-Begotten Son, and with Thine All-Holy, Gracious, and Life-Giving Spirit, now and ever, and unto ages of ages.

Amen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭irishhigh

Hi

As I read all your real worries and concerns,I feel that my request is going to sound very petty and maybe even selfish. I have been unemployed for nearly a year now and despite many efforts I can't get another job. I've had to move back to my parents house as I could'nt even pay my rent and bills. All my Friends are back where I was living and working having a great time working and all are engaged and married while I'm stuck here with no friends, no partner, no money or job.

I've been to my G.P as I fear I am getting depression over all this. I am in total dispaire and have no one to turn to. Please remember me in your prayers.

irishhigh wrote: »
    Hi

As I read all your real worries and concerns,I feel that my request is going to sound very petty and maybe even selfish. I have been unemployed for nearly a year now and despite many efforts I can't get another job. I've had to move back to my parents house as I could'nt even pay my rent and bills. All my Friends are back where I was living and working having a great time working and all are engaged and married while I'm stuck here with no friends, no partner, no money or job.

I've been to my G.P as I fear I am getting depression over all this. I am in total dispaire and have no one to turn to. Please remember me in your prayers.

I am in the same position and have been for quite some time, I'm also married, its difficult, but when you have Christ you have all you need, I will light a candle for you, and pray the rosary for you later.

Remember that your best friend is Christ, he who had no job, no money and no partner yet was as happy as larry ( whoever larry is I dont know).

Lay all your troubles upon him and get close to him through the Sacraments and devotional/personal prayer, make use of the time you have and go volunteer for something, do some gardening, go to prayer groups, keep busy in prayer and good actions and something will turn up, its just a matter of time, my heart Goes out to you Irish high, you have my sympathy and my understanding for I was in the same boat as you, I was even homeless busking on the streets at one stage in my life with no family in a foreign country, but Christ gives me the steam I need to keep going.

God bless your soul and get you that job soon, there is nothing selfish about asking for prayer, we all need prayer.

Pax Christi
    Stephen <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭irishhigh

I am in the same position and have been for quite some time, I'm also married, its difficult, but when you have Christ you have all you need, I will light a candle for you, and pray the rosary for you later.

Remember that your best friend is Christ, he who had no job, no money and no partner yet was as happy as larry ( whoever larry is I dont know).

Lay all your troubles upon him and get close to him through the Sacraments and devotional/personal prayer, make use of the time you have and go volunteer for something, do some gardening, go to prayer groups, keep busy in prayer and good actions and something will turn up, its just a matter of time, my heart Goes out to you Irish high, you have my sympathy and my understanding for I was in the same boat as you, I was even homeless busking on the streets at one stage in my life with no family in a foreign country, but Christ gives me the steam I need to keep going.

God bless your soul and get you that job soon, there is nothing selfish about asking for prayer, we all need prayer.
    Pax Christi
    Stephen <3

Thank you so much. It lifted my heart when you said that you would light a candle for me and pray. Your are a pure soul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ruxy

Hi all,

St. Jude is the patron saint of all hopeless cases, there is a special novena you can say to him for 9 days when you are in a desperate situation. One of the 'requests' of the novena is that you spread the faith / message of St. Jude - which I'm doing here.

The prayer is below and the message is that no matter how desperate the situation is (and mine is pretty bad), he will interceed for you with the lord. Ways of spreading the message could include passing the prayer along to a friend in need or possibly printing a copy or two and leaving them in a church.

Thank you all ....

O most holy apostle, St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, people honour and invoke you universally, as the patron of hopeless cases, of things almost despaired of. Pray for me, for I am so helpless and alone. Please help to bring me visible and speedy assistance. Come to my assistance in this great need that I may receive the consolation and help of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and sufferings, particularly (state your request) and that I may praise God with you always.

I promise, O blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favour, to always honour you as my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to you by publishing this request. Amen.

May the Sacred Heart of Jesus be Adored, Glorified, and Loved in all tabernacles until the end of time - Amen

May the most Sacred Heart of Jesus be praised and glorified now and forever – Amen

Blessed be the sacred heart of Jesus
    Blessed be the immaculate heart of Mary
    Blessed by St. Jude Thaddeus

In this world, and for all eternity – Amen

Say for 9 days and spread the faith / message of St. Jude is some way. This prayer has been never known to fail....

Nice post but I doubt it will remain here as it doesnt propose a discussion as such. Perhaps it will be moved to the prayer sticky section. :confused:

Pax Christi
    Stephen <3
    and thank you, I feel St.Jude is aware of my current difficult situation and I need to pray to him and request his intercession.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭chozometroid

I am requesting prayer for a coworker of mine named Brian. He is in his early fifties and was just diagnosed with lymphoma. He'll be having his first treatment of chemo soon. Myself and two other believers where I work at prayed over him today at the end of the work day (which was awesome as God almost never part of the work day). He's not "religious" per se, but he said he has been praying and hopes God is real and that prayer does work. Let's show him that God is still active in the lives of those who call on His name! This may be what it takes for him to develop a relationship with God.

One other request is for the son of a lady named Joan. He was in a car accident and his friend died. He's in ICU and has swelling of the brain.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

There is a possibility that I may be having my son tomorrow, he may be in distress so could be delivered early at 34 weeks 3 days and will be in an incubator...could you please pray for my son, husband and I.

CathyMoran wrote: »
    There is a possibility that I may be having my son tomorrow, he may be in distress so could be delivered early at 34 weeks 3 days and will be in an incubator...could you please pray for my son, husband and I.

Prayers ascending Cathy, I will pray for your Son, Husband and your self also.

I shall pray a full rosary for you tonight.

Pax Christi
    Stephen <3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭homer911

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1973739,00.html

A number of Christian aid workers and missionaries have been deported from Morocco recently and others are living in fear of a knock on the door, given only a few hours to pack up and leave..

Please pray for continuing Christian witness in Morocco

Mercy! I was only here last week. Terrible stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Good morning everyone. My wife and I found out last night we're expecting our first child. We're delighted and petrified at the same time! I would really appreciate prayer in these early weeks. My wife is a nurse and is well aware of the risks early on so please pray that God will calm our fears and put us safe in the knowledge that it is all in His hands.

Thanks guys.

Please be praying for Maynooth Christian Union, as their first event of their Christianity Week takes place tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

keano_afc wrote: »
    Good morning everyone. My wife and I found out last night we're expecting our first child. We're delighted and petrified at the same time! I would really appreciate prayer in these early weeks. My wife is a nurse and is well aware of the risks early on so please pray that God will calm our fears and put us safe in the knowledge that it is all in His hands.

Thanks guys.

I'm in the same boat Keano, congratulations. My wife is 4 months on now. Keep you in my prayers.

JimiTime wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat Keano, congratulations. My wife is 4 months on now. Keep you in my prayers.

Cheers Jimi. :)

Just to give thanks for our Christianity Week at NUI Maynooth, particularly for the debate between Dr. John Murray (Mater Dei, IONA Institute) and Michael Nugent (Atheist Ireland), and for the student speakers that everyone was respectful, and it was kept on a good tone.

Also to give thanks for our other two speakers who came on Wednesday and Thursday (Dr. Bryan Follis - ASC Belfast, Jim Crookes, Queens University Brethren chaplain), even though the turnout was less than expected, it was interesting and engaging to hear what they had to say.

I give thanks for the conversations I've had with people about faith, and belief over the last while.

God was with us, and made all things work out fluidly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

Praise and thanks for the successful separation of conjoined twins Hassen and Hussein. Please God they will recover well... Also thanks for the amazing medical team who carried out this operation.

Praise God for His wondrous creation, which we can enjoy all the more in the beautiful sunshine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭Alice1

I hurt my back rather badly on Monday and am in considerble pain. My poor husband has to do everything for me and our three children. If you have time, please pray that I will be healed.

God Bless
    Ali

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

I'm posting to ask whoever is reading this to please pray that I with God's help I will get healed from a lingering illness. I've been unwell for 6 years and it's taking over my life. I spend almost everyday feeling 'hungover' with aching muscles, sore throat, headaches. I have constant brainfog which means I can't think straight, get confused very easily and am forgetful. I very rarely get a day where I feel very good.

I've spent a fortune over the years trying to find out what exactly is wrong- Doctors don't have a clue and have basically given up on me. I've done alot of research myself and am now self medicating, as have no choice, and I'm sending tests away to the UK.

I would really really appreciate prayer for this as my life is so so miserable and I'm growing weary from it. I don't even mind having this illness if it was a recognised illness but as doctors can't find anything wrong I'm expected to function, which I do to the best of my ability, but it is extremely difficult. My life is totally dominated by this; as I never know how I'm feeling I can't plan ahead. I was also let go from my job in January and because I feel so awful, the thoughts of going into a new workplace is terrifying as I'm prone to making mistakes!

Went on a bit there-sorry! So basically I need wisdom and guidance that the tests I'm sending off will shed some light on all of this. Or that some Doctor will listen to what I've learned and work with me.

God bless and thank you for reading...

Can you please pray for God's will in the life of myself and my wife.

She has been offered a very good job nursing in a top London hosptal which would mean us moving over there for 2 years minimum. As some of you might be aware, she is just short of 3 months pregnant.

We are absolutely clueless about whether to accept this and move to a foreign country away from family at a very important time. My wife is very close to her mum and this is a huge factor. On the other hand, its a huge opportunity work-wise.

Would really appreciate prayer!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭mike5

O weary warrior, let go and let God! This battle is not yours but the Lord’s.
    Stand still and see His salvation!

Psalm 9:

1I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart;
    I will shew forth all thy marvellous works.

2I will be glad and rejoice in thee:
    I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High.

3When mine enemies are turned back,
    they shall fall and perish at thy presence.

4For thou hast maintained my right and my cause;
    thou satest in the throne judging righ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭lmaopml

My mum is quite old, she has parkinsons and a whole lot of other old age problems.....she fell and broke her pelvis and is in awful pain. Admitted to the hospital today that my Dad passed away in only 10 months ago...She's very frightened and very sore....

Please remember her in your prayers...

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭mike5

TO THOSE THAT ARE SICK :
    The Bible said I am the LORD that healeth thee and forgiveth thine iniquties.
    by the wound of JESUS CHRIST you are healed.

I agree with you every dead organ receive live,healing in your body in Jesus name Amen

As I was heading to collect my nephew from school today, I was stopped by a man in black who was propped up against railings. Initially, as he called out to me, I walked ion because I was running late. However, I eventually did turn back and we got chatting.

My heart breaks for this guy, Rory. From the brief conversation we shared he came across as an articulate and intelligent man, but unfortunately he has been in and out of alcohol rehab clinics for most of his adult life.

He had nothing other than the despair and the physical discomfort from yet another failed attempt at going cold turkey. What little I could do for him wasn't enough. I was lost at sea.

One thing he did ask of me was to pray for him. God was with him, he said, and I gathered that this was one of the few things that kept him going. I prayed for him, but much to my shame I didn't think to do it there and then on the street. I'm so annoyed because I'm only now thinking of the stuff I should have said.

Can people please pray for Rory?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭Alice1

If you have a minute, please pray for my Mum. She had cancer 5 years ago and following a recent check up she discovered that the cancer is back.

Thank you.

Advertisement