Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prayer Requests / Testimonies

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 datwuzrandom

I want to thank God for helping me get through and get on brilliant in the leaving cert. Without praying I think I would have went crazy! Im not deeply religious, but I know he's always there for me...and St. Anthony, I have such a belief in him.

Thank you so much, I have publicly thanked you as promised
    Jen
    X

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Please pray for Irish Olympic boxer Darren Sutherland passed away yesterday. Only 27 years old and won a bronze medal in Olympics games last year. He was man who was definitely proud from where he came from.

He recently went professional and had dreams of becoming a world champion and now we are deprived from seeing this talented gent from doing so.

God bless.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭TravelJunkie

I thank God for the roof over my head, the food on our table, my lovely family, and our health. Every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Yesterday I was eating lunch with a few other pastors in a small town in Tennessee and we were appproached by Paula, our very pleasant African-American waitress, who asked us to pray for her nephew.

His name is Kenny and he had a large abcess develop in his throat. The doctors have carried out surgery twice, but it returns within a couple of days. Now the abcess is very large and he is too weak to undergo further surgery.

I would appreciate it if other posters would remember to pray for this young man.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭chozometroid

I would ask everyone here to remember my mother in prayer. Her quality of life has been horrible for years. Right now, she has major issues with her spine and it not able to walk much, or find comfort in any position. Her only option is back surgery and she is pursuing this path. I pray she is healed, but if it must be surgery, that this all goes well. Back surgery is no guarantee of making her quality of life better, and she would probably be bed-ridden for a while. She is desperate. Thank you for your prayers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Winty

If a person talks to God, the Church welcomes them as a believer, If God talks back they are paranoid Schizophrenic ??

Discuss

Winty wrote: »
    If a person talks to God, the Church welcomes them as a believer, If God talks back they are paranoid Schizophrenic ??

Discuss

You are red carded for spamming & trolling. Discussion is over.

However, rather than deleting this post I'll leave it here as a reminder to other trolls.

You are not smart, and neither are you funny. We have a zero tolerance policy toward such muppetry in this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,257 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Well, if there is a God, he left the thermostat at 74 F

What a wonderful day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭postcynical

Can we pray for all those who've been walloped by cruel nature this week around the world. May Christ be with these poor people in their grief, in their poverty, in the rebuilding of their lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭postcynical

Yesterday was the feast of St Jerome. Thank you God for all those who study your word and who make it accessible to us. Thank you for your spirit which helps us to understand your word and to live it in our daily lives. Thank you for those who have suffered throughout history to preserve your word for us. Thank you for those who live your word in difficult circumstances and who inspire us with their courage. May you enlighten us according to your plan for us and help us to understand your word better. May your word bring us closer to you. Thank you for making your word so beautiful that it is our joy to study it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

I've just come home from a long day's cycling that took me through some of the loveliest countryside in England. I thank God for giving me the physical and mental strength to appreciate this beauty and I pray it will stay that way even after I'm gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Brothers and sisters,

I'd really appreciate prayer for this coming week. The JYC youth club on behalf of Child Evangelism Fellowship is starting up again in Finglas this week. We are hoping to have at least 30 teenagers out, all form very impoverished backgrounds. Please pray for the Lord's leading as myself and the 3 other leaders bring the good news of salvation to the teens. We have so many practical needs to be met (how to get 30+ kids from all over north Dublin to one venue with just one minibus is one such dilemma!) but we are trusting in the Lord for all our needs. Thanks.

Just an idea, guys, but sometimes it's helpful for those posting prayer requests to know that others are praying for them. However, if we were to keep posting individual responses saying 'I'm praying for you' then the thread would become pretty unreadable.

So let's give this a try. If someone has posted a prayer request and you'd like to let them know that you're agreeing with them in prayer, then hit the Thanks button (the one that looks like a thumbs up) and they can see that they're not alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

Please pray for Kayla rose, she has cancer of the blood and she is only 3 months old also please pray for fiona who is also dying with this disease. I sent up to kayla St.peregrines oil, which is the cure for cancer. and my dad sent his oil to fiona.

please pray to St.Peregrine also for his intercession that they both be cured and that Gods will be done in them.

God bless
    Stephen <3

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Not a prayer request per se, I don't know what it is tbh, but I have exams coming up this week, from Tuesday to Friday, I normally wouldn't be one for praying for exams to go right but these are taking more of a toll than most because my job could be on the line depending on the outcome. Just letting people know I am praying for myself, reading some of the requests here put a lot of perspective on things.

PDN wrote: »
    Just an idea, guys, but sometimes it's helpful for those posting prayer requests to know that others are praying for them. However, if we were to keep posting individual responses saying 'I'm praying for you' then the thread would become pretty unreadable.

So let's give this a try. If someone has posted a prayer request and you'd like to let them know that you're agreeing with them in prayer, then hit the Thanks button (the one that looks like a thumbs up) and they can see that they're not alone.
    This is a good idea and it seems some of us have all ready been applying this new use for the "thank" feature. I was wondering when someone was going to come out and clarify it.

I have a flu and I'm asking for prayer. I know God can pull me through this, whatever flu it is....:eek:

I have a wife and child, so please pray that the virus does not infect them. I'm doing my best to be sanitary.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

A couple who are very close to me have beat the odds and are now proud parents. Thank God!

I have a flu and I'm asking for prayer. I know God can pull me through this, whatever flu it is....:eek:

I have a wife and child, so please pray that the virus does not infect them. I'm doing my best to be sanitary.

Guess what? God healed me!

I was feeling a bit chilly toward the end of the work day yesterday (after working a long hard week). I came home and started to feel more weak and sore. It just got progressively worse and I feared the worst. I decided to sleep alone on the couch for the night. Before I went to bed, I prayed for Jesus to heal me and help me to overcome the sickness, and to keep my wife and child from getting sick. My temperature was 101.4 before I went to bed, and I had a lot of joint and muscle ache. I woke up around 4 AM, and I was feeling pretty good, other than sore from the couch! My temperature was 98.7! I rested a bit more and got up around 8 AM. I felt good still, told my wife about it, and took a shower.
    At this point, I felt like this was a "rise up and walk" moment where I needed to accept what had just happened, and show my faith in Christ. I ended up laying back down though, feeling I should take it easy. I started to feel more exhaused and achy as the hours passed, and I found myself staying on the couch again. My temperature was 102.4 at one point. I felt that I had let God down by just laying around and not "living" the fact that I was fine.
    My wife and I ended up going to a park around 4pm, and took a walk. I felt fine again. I just have a little cough, and no more fever. I am fine now.

Praise Jesus Christ our Lord!

I got over this flu in record time, as my symptoms should have progressively gotten worse through last night, but actually went away completely. No vomiting, diarrhea, or sinus problems.

Thanks for the prayers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 meaningful

I would like to thank the Lord for my life, and everything in it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭Alice1

Please pray for my friend who is pregnant - she has been told she will most likely have to have a section and may need to go into hospital early. She is very scared and worried - please remember her in your prayers.

Thanks very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 meaningful

Hi, I dont have the option of the thanks button (the big thumb) but I just want to let you know that every day I come in here I am reading one page from the prayer requests section and am including them in my own prayers.

Just to let you know and to keep faith. God Bless.

Let's pray for the flood victims in the South West of Ireland. And, the people who lost their jobs yesterday.

amen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

Please pray for my daughter Erin Sky, whom I have not seen since she was a few months old, that she has a great Christmas and one day will come to know and love Christ wherever she may be.

God bless
    Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Please pray for my mam who passed away this year. It is the first Christmas in 26 years I will not have her physically with me. Please pray for everyone who has lost someone this year. Please give us the strength to get through this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,981 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Please pray for a friend who is in a coma in a hospital in Canada following an accident.

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

In London we've had a most auspicious start to 2010 - sunshine all day from dawn to dusk and hardly a cloud in sight. And sunshine brings out the most beautiful side of everything in the city and the country. If that's not a good reason to praise the Lord then I don't know what is!

Please pray for the people struggling to survive and to deal with such great losses in Haiti. I heard today that a friend of mine, the Bishop of Haiti for the denomination to which I belong, was killed when a wall collapsed on his car.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

My wife is expecting our first child, its very early days. Please keep us in your prayers that everything goes well and that, God willing, we have a healthy child and mother by september.
    Thanks.
    James.

• Advertisement

I've found out that two people I'd been praying for about 15 years ago have given their lives to Christ. Yay!

Advertisement