Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prayer Requests / Testimonies

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭shreksaurus

The little girl that i care for is sick in temple street childrens hospital. Shes not good. Plenty of prayers are needed please.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Well, our first prayers came true, we are 7.5 weeks pregnant - however I am finding the pregnancy quite hard as it is very difficult to eat enough with my other medical conditions, plus my blood sugars were high this morning (am a type 1 diabetic to boot) - could people pray that my pregnancy will be healthy for both me and my very much wanted (and loved) baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Well, our first prayers came true, we are 7.5 weeks pregnant - however I am finding the pregnancy quite hard as it is very difficult to eat enough with my other medical conditions, plus my blood sugars were high this morning (am a type 1 diabetic to boot) - could people pray that my pregnancy will be healthy for both me and my very much wanted (and loved) baby.

Woo hoo!!! Congrats Cathy to you and your husband!!

'Please dear God, in the name of your son Jesus Christ, I ask you to keep your hand over Cathy and her much wanted, much loved baby. Lord, I pray that you will bring this pregnancy to full term and Cathy will have as good a pregnancy as possible and have a healthy baby. I ask this in Jesus name-Amen'.

Cathy, will keep praying for you. I've been there and know only too well of your anxiety.

Take care,

x

We are having a threatened miscarriage at the moment - they saw the heartbeat but I am very upset. Could people please pray that the pregnancy is OK and that both of us are well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

We are having a threatened miscarriage at the moment - they saw the heartbeat but I am very upset. Could people please pray that the pregnancy is OK and that both of us are well.

Praying now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Cathy i am also praying for you, your husband and your baby. You have so much support here and people praying together online for you. When two or more are gathered in my name...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

Just lit a candle for the three of you ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Mercy! Sorry to hear this, Cathy. I'll be praying for you.

I would also like to ask for prayers! I have just been given a fantastic opportunity to volunteer in Colombia to try to make a positive difference. I'll be going with nine others and we will be working in an orphanage and community centre in Bogota. The home has over 100 children fully residential and others who come for day care. Many of the children have physical, psychological and learning disabilities, some have stories of abuse, neglect and abandonment. Its going to be a huge challenge and i need to raise a fair bit of money also. Can you please pray that the project will receive the generosity and support it deserves and that the trip will be successful. Thanks so much!

More of an update, we lost our baby today. That means that my CT scan is on in Feb (I had oesophageal cancer 23 months ago), something I was trying to avoid...we are both devastated. We wanted this child so much. Please pray that the CT will be OK and that we can try for another baby in March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

More of an update, we lost our baby today. That means that my CT scan is on in Feb (I had oesophageal cancer 23 months ago), something I was trying to avoid...we are both devastated. We wanted this child so much. Please pray that the CT will be OK and that we can try for another baby in March.

So sorry to hear this Cathy, My prayers are with ye at this very difficult time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

Hi All,

My Dad is extremely sick at the moment. He has been diagnosed with leukemia and he has a really bad heart. We have been told that it is only a matter of time.

Please pray for him to keep his spirits up as he is very depressed.

Thank you

Oh Cathy, I'm am so so sorry for you and your husband. I have been paying for you and will continue to do so. Please let me know what date your scan is.
    Love and prayers to you...

Cathy i'm so so sorry to hear that. I will be praying for you and your little angel and for your scan.

Kitten i will keep your Father in my prayers also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

Thanks Lola

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Pamela111

I will say a prayer for the requests on this thread each day, ending each prayer with "If it is God's will".

I would also like to ask for 3 prayers each day by everyone on here for 3 special causes:

1. Elimination of road deaths in Ireland.
    2. Elimination of suicides in Ireland.
    3. Conversion of Sinners especially in relation to disrespect for the sabbath, morality and false gods such as money, pleasure etc

As a Catholic I will say 1 Our Father, Hail Mary and Glory Be for each of the above 3 each day and I would ask everyone else to do the same along with their normal prayers.

Thanks. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Pamela111

I will say a prayer for the requests on this thread each day, ending each prayer with "If it is God's will".

I would also like to ask for 3 prayers each day by everyone on here for 3 special causes:

1. Elimination of road deaths in Ireland.
    2. Elimination of suicides in Ireland.
    3. Conversion of Sinners especially in relation to disrespect for the sabbath, morality and false gods such as money, pleasure etc

As a Catholic I will say 1 Our Father, Hail Mary and Glory Be for each of the above 3 each day and I would ask everyone else to do the same along with their normal prayers.

Thanks. :)

I add 2 more prayers today:

4. That the island of Ireland will be consecrated entirely to God through the actions of the Governments in NI and ROI. I ask God to protect Ireland from the antichrist and that the governments on this island will recognise the natural distasters and signs that will occur as signs for conversion to God. In return for the meaningfull actions from our governments and some people I ask God to ensure that the island of Ireland is protected from famine and plagues and from natural disasters that result in a loss of life.

5. I ask God to influence the media bodies in order that they attempt to continually examine their effects on the minds and souls of the people on this island so that people can distinguish the difference between what is acceptable by God and to what is not.

I only ask these of God if it is His will.

I am in unbearable pain at the moment from my ongoing miscarriage - having surgery tomorrow - could people please pray that I can get through this and that we will be able to concieve again soon.

Will pray before I go to sleep tonight for you Cathy and for your Dad kittensoft. So much pain in this fallen world of ours...

God bless

I'm going to bed, very scared but this has to be done :( My prayers for Kittensofts dad also - I have an idea of what it is like. Thanks everyone, sorry if I did not thank you individually. The priest who married us has been over twice at the weekend and been very kind too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Best of luck,
    My thought's go with you.
    I'll be checking in to see how you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

I am in unbearable pain at the moment from my ongoing miscarriage - having surgery tomorrow - could people please pray that I can get through this and that we will be able to concieve again soon.
    God help you Cathy. Don't try too hard, it might not be God's will that you conceive so soon. You need rest first and foremost. Will included in my prayers tonight.

God bless,
    Noel. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

Cathy I'm sorry to hear of your ongoing trials. I am praying for you.

I would ask you all to pray for the people in my college who are depressed, and that I may be better at putting my own interests aside in order to spend more time with them in their loneliness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Cathy - I am very sorry for your loss, I pray you will get over this as soon as possible and that your life will soon be blessed with the joy of new life.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to publish this.

O most beautiful flower
    of Mount Carmel, fruitful vine, splendor of Heaven, Blessed
    Mother of the Son of God, Immaculate Virgin, assist me in my
    necessity, O star of the sea, help me and show me here You are
    my Mother O holy Mary Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and
    Earth, I humbly beseech you from the bottom of my heart to
    succor me into my necesity (make request here). There are
    none that can withstand your power. O Mary conceived without
    sin pray for us who have recourse to thee (3 times). Holy
    Mary I place this cause in your hands (3 times). Say the
    prayer for three (3) consecutive days, then you must publish
    it and it will be granted to you. Thank you blessed Mother
    for hearing my prayers and answering them. I am forever your
    humble servant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

Blessings and Prayer from the Sisters, Cathy...

Holding you in Prayer here.

Sister

Sorry that I seem to post for help so much...this time it is because it is my delayed 2 year cancer scan on Friday, could you please pray that I will be ok and that we will be able to try for another baby in March (when I ask I ask big!).

Sorry that I seem to post for help so much...this time it is because it is my delayed 2 year cancer scan on Friday, could you please pray that I will be ok and that we will be able to try for another baby in March (when I ask I ask big!).

Don't worry Cathy, and there ain't nothing too big for God.
    Prayed for you this morning and will continue to do so.

Take care...

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭chozometroid

Praise God for being there for me and bringing me to where I am today. I have no reason to ever doubt Him. He has brought me this far, so I owe it all to Him, and know He will continue to be with me.
    I thank him for saving my life on various occasions, joining my wife and I together, for providing a job for me when I moved to New York, then also when I moved back to Ohio. I thank him that I still have a job (I'm in the US, so I'm blessed to have employment), for inspiring me to make a career change from carpentry to nursing, for helping me to pass my state test to become a "state tested nurse aide" (STNA), and for watching out for my wife who is almost 5 months pregnant with my child/"future disciple of Christ."

I just want to thank God for me getting the all clear on my 2 years post cancer scan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Well done, Cathy! Great news.
    :D

Advertisement