Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prayer Requests / Testimonies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Splendour wrote: »
    That's fantastic news Cathy-praise God! Will keep you in prayer for next tuesday.

I too would like to ask for prayer for myself with regards to an ongoing custody case. My ex husband applied to the court for custody of my two sons over a year and a half ago. My youngest son however didn't want to stay with my husband and is living with me. My older son has been living with his Dad since he applied for the custody-hence my sons live in separate houses. This wouldn't be too bad if their Dad lived close to us but he moved to be with his girlfriend and it's a 3 hour round trip away.

I've been into court on eight different occasions about this and it's still not resolved. Added to this my older son has asked me to drop the case as he lwants to stay with his Dad. I understand that he is well settled there at this stage and also his Dad is far better off financially than I am so this is a huge pull to a 14 year old! Also,my ex absolutely detests me and never speaks to me so it's a very difficult situation. My son dropped a bombshell tonight; he was due to come to me this weekend but said he doesn't want to as I won't drop the case.

I'm so heartbroken and really need prayer for guidance as I don't know what to do. I love my boys so much and really hate the thoughts of them not growing up together. I also hate only seeing my son every two weeks-also when he gets a bit older I fear he won't want to spend time with me at all.

Sorry for long post, but thank you for reading...

I'm sorry to hear about this, splendour. I don't really know what to say, but I'll keep you in my prayers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

I'm sorry to hear about this, splendour. I don't really know what to say, but I'll keep you in my prayers.

^^
    ditto. Please God everything will work out for the best.

And congrats Cathy. May you continue to have good health!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭MeditationMom

Splendor - as a mother our greatest agony is being separated from our children and this unbearable pain you can only give over to God. It is hard, and I feel for you and will pray for your situation to improve.

With your older son requesting it - I do think - with God's help you can let go of this battle. As you say - "you fear"...he won't want to see you at all in the future. In my experience, whenever I acted out of fear instead of love - things went wrong or were difficult. If you love your son and stop worrying - and if you drop the battle as he is asking you to - he will be free to love and visit you. Remember, keeping to do the same, going back to court again and again, and all this fighting expecting things to change, is not going to work. If you try the opposite - letting go - you will have him with you. So take on this much harder fight, within yourself.

The other thing I will pray for is that in the middle of this difficult time, you discover all the things you can be grateful for. The fact that you do still have your younger son with you, and the fact that your ex can actually provide a home for your older son he enjoys. A boy at that age benefits from having a good relationship with his father and is ready to separate from his mother anyway, even if he lived with you. But maybe he would attach himself to older boys you would find troublesome. So many single Moms are stuck with dead beat loser dads and have no good role models for their sons. Your difficult situation has a lot of hidden positives in it.

Your children are healthy, I assume. You are?! In other words - try the old trick of counting your blessings. It works wonders because it replaces fear with gratitude and love. It might take a while to really get into the habit. Be generous and trust and give freedom and respect to your children, and they will love you forever. It will also be much better for your younger son if you switch to peace and gratitude, rather than keep up this fighting.

Bless you. I will pray for healing and harmony to come to your situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

My aunt's starting chemo soon, and I'm praying that she'll be alright.

There's also someone with whom I had a falling out, over silly misunderstandings that ended up causing some pretty hurtful arguments. I hope that that can work itself out...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

Splendor - as a mother our greatest agony is being separated from our children and this unbearable pain you can only give over to God. It is hard, and I feel for you and will pray for your situation to improve.

With your older son requesting it - I do think - with God's help you can let go of this battle. As you say - "you fear"...he won't want to see you at all in the future. In my experience, whenever I acted out of fear instead of love - things went wrong or were difficult. If you love your son and stop worrying - and if you drop the battle as he is asking you to - he will be free to love and visit you. Remember, keeping to do the same, going back to court again and again, and all this fighting expecting things to change, is not going to work. If you try the opposite - letting go - you will have him with you. So take on this much harder fight, within yourself.

The other thing I will pray for is that in the middle of this difficult time, you discover all the things you can be grateful for. The fact that you do still have your younger son with you, and the fact that your ex can actually provide a home for your older son he enjoys. A boy at that age benefits from having a good relationship with his father and is ready to separate from his mother anyway, even if he lived with you. But maybe he would attach himself to older boys you would find troublesome. So many single Moms are stuck with dead beat loser dads and have no good role models for their sons. Your difficult situation has a lot of hidden positives in it.

Your children are healthy, I assume. You are?! In other words - try the old trick of counting your blessings. It works wonders because it replaces fear with gratitude and love. It might take a while to really get into the habit. Be generous and trust and give freedom and respect to your children, and they will love you forever. It will also be much better for your younger son if you switch to peace and gratitude, rather than keep up this fighting.

Bless you. I will pray for healing and harmony to come to your situation.

Thank you so much MM, I really appreciate your prayers thoughts and advice.

Unfortunately my ex is not a great role model for the children as he is constantly telling them lies about me. I know he will do his utmost to take my other son away also- he has said this. When we separated, he promised to make life hell for me and he is true to his word, not just with the kids, but lots of other stuff as well...
    He hasn't spoken to our daughter for a couple of years as she defended me when he was speaking badly of me.She is now 24 and on anti depressants trying to deal with the fact that her Dad doesn't want to know about her.

I do as you say and count my blessings every day. I am blest with tons of good friends and supportive family. My childrens health is good but I haven't had good health for a few years-chronic/adrenal fatigue and thyroid problems.

I thank God for the love I have around me and for the strength he gives me every day to cope, but yet the pain of not having my son is so so difficult to bear.

This is how God must feel when so many of us turn away from him...

Thanks again to you, Fanny, lorweld and others for much needed prayers.

God bless

Karen

• Advertisement

Unfortunately my ex is not a great role model for the children as he is constantly telling them lies about me. I know he will do his utmost to take my other son away also- he has said this. When we separated, he promised to make life hell for me and he is true to his word, not just with the kids, but lots of other stuff as well...
    He hasn't spoken to our daughter for a couple of years as she defended me when he was speaking badly of me.She is now 24 and on anti depressants trying to deal with the fact that her Dad doesn't want to know about her.

I do as you say and count my blessings every day. I am blest with tons of good friends and supportive family. My childrens health is good but I haven't had good health for a few years-chronic/adrenal fatigue and thyroid problems.

I thank God for the love I have around me and for the strength he gives me every day to cope, but yet the pain of not having my son is so so difficult to bear.

This is how God must feel when so many of us turn away from him...

I am so sorry to hear that, Karen. That is indeed very, very difficult to bear. Do you ever pray for your ex? Seems like he needs it the most. A friend of mine just went through a very difficult divorce and I was so amazed how every night she prayed with her five-year-old son for the father in spite of the little guy reminding her how mean the father was. She kept telling him that people like that need it the most. As difficult as that might be - it might help you, too.

May all this pain be lifted from all of you soon -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

For the shining faith of all here who know and love the Lord Jesus Christ.

For all the seemingly small things we have, that so many do not; the roof over our heads,the food we eat that is plentiful; for pure water...for safe walls around us, a warm bed to rest in at day's ending. For clothes to wear....
    Sun and moon and stars; all the sweetnesses of the world Jesus created for us.

Above all for the love of the Lord Jesus; for His utter lovingkindness and gentleness with us, as He smiles on us. For that love that asks nothing save that we love and trust Him and obey His commandments for the sheer love of Him and our desire to serve Him.

Blessings this night. Sister.

...for the infinite peace within and without out of which all arises and to which all returns in one joyful, eternal dance. Small joys like a breath of fresh air or the warmth of the sun on our face, available to all, are daily miracles not to be missed. Thank you, Jesus and all other teachers of kindness and compassion sent to us over the centuries, for reminding us of the joy of love and peacefulness.

by Sod'o swords - Thank you god for taking my Dad away during christmass. I'm assuming you do every thing for a reason.....

This is the deepest prayer there is.

When we start thanking God for our deep sorrows rather than just for all our desires being fulfilled, we are starting to get closer to the truth of understanding.

Your sadness about losing your father, especially at Christmas, has a secret in it for you specifically, which some day will have you weeping tears of joy at your fate and the wisdom of the Universe/God. Until then - keep assuming - which means, keep trusting. Trust in a higher wisdom is not only the only way to live here where there is so much suffering among humans, but it is also very scientific which is revealed over time.

What do you think Mary thought, watching her son - supposedly even God's son - being crucified? Maybe the same thoughts/doubts/ assumptions/trust you are having now - so you are in good company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Alice1

Please pray for a friend of mine who is accused of something of which he is innocent - I was a witness so I know he is innocent.

Please pray for his accuser and those who must make a judgement on the case.

I will include you all in my prayers.

God bless you.

• Advertisement

I am so sorry to hear that, Karen. That is indeed very, very difficult to bear. Do you ever pray for your ex? Seems like he needs it the most. A friend of mine just went through a very difficult divorce and I was so amazed how every night she prayed with her five-year-old son for the father in spite of the little guy reminding her how mean the father was. She kept telling him that people like that need it the most. As difficult as that might be - it might help you, too.

May all this pain be lifted from all of you soon -

I won't sabatoge this thread anymore, but just wanna say thanks again to you MM. I pray for my ex every day and in front of my son also (we pray in the car on the way to school). I ask God to reveal himself to my ex and to soften his heart for the sake of our children.

God bless,

Karen

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Splendour wrote: »
    I pray for my ex every day and in front of my son also (we pray in the car on the way to school). I ask God to reveal himself to my ex and to soften his heart for the sake of our children.
    You say this in front of your son?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Moderator's Note:
    This is a thread for Christians to post prayer requests. Let's keep it that way. All others please go to page 1 and read the OP if that is difficult to understand.

Sorry PDN...

My fault for starting a longer conversation. My apologies.

As to my own request - please pray for my mother-in-law who is dying a very difficult death from breast cancer and only has a few more days. She needs to find some serenity and peace for her final days.

Thank You

Will pray that your mother in law will indeed have serenity and peace in her final days on this earth, and that she will be taken up into the bosom of our Lord...

Take care of yourself MM.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 wjv

Thank you Lord for all the wonderful graces and blessings you have given me in my life.

Recently my most heartfelt wish has come through and I am so delighted and fulfilled; so eternally grateful to you Lord for hearing my prayers and giving me this wonderful chance.

Just believe and pray, spend time and listen to that inner voice speaking and the rest follows. I love you Lord, please take care of me all the days of my life xx

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

I feel guilty asking for this but it is a nice request so here goes: my husband and I want to try for a baby. Please pray that we will have a healthy pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

CathyMoran wrote: »
    I feel guilty asking for this but it is a nice request so here goes: my husband and I want to try for a baby. Please pray that we will have a healthy pregnancy.
    Nothing to feel guilty about Cathy. I'm sure you pray for us too! ;)

I'll pray for you before bed-time.

God bless,
    Noel.

CathyMoran wrote: »

Cathy, I know only too well that need for a baby and a healthy pregnancy. I have been praying for you and your husband that God will grant you a healthy pregnancy and baby...

xx

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Please pray for my mum, that she is kept safe and well. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Thanks you God for once again helping us through our studying and exams. Please God let my family, my friends and myself have a safe and happy Christmas. Thank you God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 boringteetotal

Thank you God for your goodness, kindness and mercy, and thank you even for the mystery of you. Thank you for Jesus and for being the author of salvation. Thank you for my family and our health. Thank you for every kind word in life that can only come from your loving heart. Thnak you for my friends.

Father please outpour your spirit upon this world, please draw people back to your loving arms, for your glory..

Please shine your love over everyone on boards.ie! in Jesus name

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

we got some brilliant news 9in shock1 - will tell you later. i just want to thank God and all of you for your prayers, ours were answered1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

A friend of mine is getting married on thursday, there seems to be some problems at the moment so please pray that God will show him the right way forward.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Alice1

On 26 October I asked for prayers for a friend of mine who was wrongly accused of something really nasty. (See prayer requests thread). Thanks to your prayers and God's goodness, my friend's name has been cleared. This means so much to him, his wife and children. Thanks to all who prayed and thank God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I'd like to praise god for giving me the gift of being able to praise god

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Now, now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

Please say a prayer form my stepgrandad who had a car accident on Monday night he is still in hospital in some pain but thankfully he was being watched over at the time because he has no broken bones

• Advertisement

Sure psycho,will pray for a swift recovery for hour stepgrandad, and I give thanks that his injuries are not too bad...

Advertisement