Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Circumcision Story

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Jim_Ben

Bond-007 wrote: »
    I thought as much. I wouldn't have a problem paying.

I was wondering is there a list of surgeons that will do it for personal as opposed to medical reasons? I couldn't see a GP being sympathetic to a non medical reason.

Hi Bond-007. There is a private circumcision clinic just north of London. They deal with medical, religious, personal et al. I could send you a link, if you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

going in tommorow morning have to be in tallaght at half 7 . im kinda ****tin it at the taught of someone cutting at my knob with a scalpel.

so whats the procedure when i go in tomorrow? how long will i be waiting till they put me asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 6 michael1_2_3_4

hey bryner

I went to tallaght myself. Also with dr flynn. Was very happy with the staff in Tallaght. They really do put you at ease. Dont be afraid to ask any questions if you have any conerns before u leave.

Best of luck.

p.s cheers for all other posters on this thread who put me at ease and helped me make my decision to go ahead with op. There is a lot of crap on the internet about circumcision, but would reccomend anyone to read through this thread form start to finish - lots of great advice

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭RolfHarris

byrner

I can only speak from my own experience, but I had to be there at 10am, and was in the operating theatre at about mid-day. I guess it depends on the running order of the theatre, but take a newspaper or a book to read, because there might be a bit of sitting around.

How are you getting home?

You'll be absolutely fine. It is quite weird thinking about what the operation involves, but you won't remember a thing. They'll give you an injection and - Literally - the next thing you know you'll be in bed, waking up!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Hi byrner88, I know you're all drugged up at this stage, but when you come back around, I was just wondering how long you were waiting for to be seen in Tallaght, and then for the actual procedure itself?

I'm in Tallaght so I can only presume that that's where I'll be referred to. Would love to get all this done this side of xmas!!

• Advertisement

Hi byrner88, I know you're all drugged up at this stage, but when you come back around, I was just wondering how long you were waiting for to be seen in Tallaght, and then for the actual procedure itself?

I'm in Tallaght so I can only presume that that's where I'll be referred to. Would love to get all this done this side of xmas!!

i doubt you will even be seen by the consultant before Christmas i waited for 11 months to see the consultant and then another 6 months to get the operation done. my operation was put back twice between them 6months i suppose if you go private it will me much quicker

right lads got the operation done this morning was in at half 7 for registration then brought in at 8 to get my gown and disposable knickers ha and got some define , not the tablet the suppository(shove it up your arse) . then a bit of waiting around to get the anesthetic got hooked up on the drip. woke up then about an hour later and asked the nurse when i was getting the operation done she said it was all done . went back and got some toast and oj then had a nap before they kept waking me up to check my blood pressure a few times. im feeling grand now but the drugs will wear off.

Great stuff, Byrner. I was thinking about you this morning.

How are you feeling now? What instructions did you get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Sean09

Ive been waiting ages now with James hospital. Im looking to go private, does anyone know how quick they can do it ? Would love to get it done in the next few weeks.

RolfHarris wrote: »
    Great stuff, Byrner. I was thinking about you this morning.

How are you feeling now? What instructions did you get?

feeling grand was told to take salt baths or salt showers for the next week . im on tylex for 3 days and augmentin duo for 3 days . and i also got 2 more of them difene things u shove up ur hole ha . they gave me extra gauze in case it bleeds . im starting to get a lil uncomfortable now. i knew this would happen anyway . other than that im fine

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

byrner88 wrote: »
    feeling grand was told to take salt baths or salt showers for the next week . im on tylex for 3 days and augmentin duo for 3 days . and i also got 2 more of them difene things u shove up ur hole ha . they gave me extra gauze in case it bleeds . im starting to get a lil uncomfortable now. i knew this would happen anyway . other than that im fine
    Was it worth it? :)

Was it worth it? :)

yeah well its kinda hard to tell now cause its only been a few hours since i got it done but in the next few days or weeks ill be able to answer that properly

Sounds as if everything went well. Now you've a few days sitting around with your dick out watching TV ahead of you.

Every man's dream!

doing that now . the bandage came off while i was asleep last night and it was really sore this morning . its that bad i cant put anything near it .

will the sensitivity just go or will it need to be rubbing off clothes or anything for it to go numb as everyone else is saying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

doing that now . the bandage came off while i was asleep last night and it was really sore this morning . its that bad i cant put anything near it .

will the sensitivity just go or will it need to be rubbing off clothes or anything for it to go numb as everyone else is saying?

it'll go as the swelling goes down, and don't worry - there's a difference between it being numb, and it not being sensitive.

yeah i suppose mine is very sensitive at the moment . how will this change do u think?

yeah i suppose mine is very sensitive at the moment . how will this change do u think?

the best way I can describe it is, it's like your thumb. While your hand is hanging down by your side, you don't feel your thumb, but if you bang it or touch it, you'll know it's there. You know what I mean? :) It's not that it goes numb, but it deffo doesn't feel like it feels for you now.

yeah i guess i know what u mean . so how will the sensitivity go on the head

time :)

ok but does it need to be covered or rubbing off anything for it to go

• Advertisement

sorry - I get you. You may find it heals a little quicker if you tough it out, but either way you'll be grand in a couple of days. It was only yesterday or the day before right? me personally, I started wearing jockey shorts instead of boxers to keep it still, but if it helped me heal quicker, it was probably only by a day at most.

tbh wrote: »
    sorry - I get you. You may find it heals a little quicker if you tough it out, but either way you'll be grand in a couple of days. It was only yesterday or the day before right? me personally, I started wearing jockey shorts instead of boxers to keep it still, but if it helped me heal quicker, it was probably only by a day at most.

yeah only got it done yesterday it was grand yesterday because of the anesthetic cause i couldnt feel anything , but this morning i tried putting a new bandage on it and it was too sore and i can even wear boxers or tracksuit bottoms im sitting here wit noting on it at all its too sore with anything near it

yeah only got it done yesterday it was grand yesterday because of the anesthetic cause i couldnt feel anything , but this morning i tried putting a new bandage on it and it was too sore and i can even wear boxers or tracksuit bottoms im sitting here wit noting on it at all its too sore with anything near it

well - whatever works for you is grand. Did they tell you to replace the bandage? mine fell off the evening I got it done, and the doc said it was grand, they never replaced it.
    Trust me man, you'll be fine in a day or two.

well - whatever works for you is grand. Did they tell you to replace the bandage? mine fell off the evening I got it done, and the doc said it was grand, they never replaced it.
    Trust me man, you'll be fine in a day or two.

no they didnt say replace it but i taught i might need to but i couldnt . they just gave it to me in case it started bleeding

no they didnt say replace it but i taught i might need to but i couldnt . they just gave it to me in case it started bleeding

my doc said that it being off would help it heal faster..so you're on the right track anyway.

my doc said that it being off would help it heal faster..so you're on the right track anyway.

ah great . its just a pain not being able to do anything

ah great . its just a pain not being able to do anything

I know what you mean, but like I say, don't worry - it'll take a while for the healing to start, but once it does it'll feel hugely better. it is frustrating tho!

I know what you mean, but like I say, don't worry - it'll take a while for the healing to start, but once it does it'll feel hugely better. it is frustrating tho!

yeah i get what u mean i cant even go downstairs cause ive noting covering the lil man

i also just notice that they shaved some of my thigh . its about 10 inches across and 5 inches down. i wonder why they done this. its noting to do with being circumcised at all

• Advertisement

i also just notice that they shaved some of my thigh . its about 10 inches across and 5 inches down. i wonder why they done this. its noting to do with being circumcised at all

probably cause they were going to stick a pulse monitor there - saves them pulling hairs off when they remove it :)

Advertisement