Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Circumcision Story

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

heading to the hospital on the 16th for the circumcision , my foreskin is too tight , just wondering wat do i need to bring with me? i dont take any medication or anything . will i better off wearing loose cotton tracksuit bottoms rather than jeans after the op ? will i be knocked out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

trackies all the way bro!

you'll prob have a nice bandage on himself when it's all done so you'll need a bit of manoeuvring room.

trackies all the way bro!

you'll prob have a nice bandage on himself when it's all done so you'll need a bit of manoeuvring room.

cheers have to get myself some so havent wore them in years . is ther anything i will need to bring with me to the hospital? will i be knocked out or not?

get the soft cottony type ones, not hard friction makin ones.

you will more than likely be knocked out dude, if they wanted you to bring anything else they more than likely would have told ya. If you stressing about forgetting something, just give them a bell. They'll be well used to that sort of call

get the soft cottony type ones, not hard friction makin ones.

you will more than likely be knocked out dude, if they wanted you to bring anything else they more than likely would have told ya. If you stressing about forgetting something, just give them a bell. They'll be well used to that sort of call

thanks for the advice , cant wait to get it done im just a bit worried about how its gonna be after as in uncomfortable and the pain .

• Advertisement

well your having a little bit of your willy cut off.............so yep it's gonna be uncomfortable and a bit sore. You'll be given advice on pain management by the peoples in the clinic before you go. Heed that and it'll make your life easier. Just keep thinking about the new free willy your gonna have in a few weeks time :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

take it from me byrner, it's not going to be as bad as you think. it's more uncomfortable than painful - that's my experience anyway. A couple of us have noticed as well that it takes a few days before it starts to heal at all, then it starts to heal rapidly, so just be patient. for me, the first five mornings or so were like this:
    nothing
    nothing
    nothing
    nothing
    Jaysus!

the last day being the one where it almost healed completely after five days of nothing. I know as well that there's a worry that when it's done, it's going to feel like you are walking around with your foreskin peeled back - nightmare! - but it's not. After a month or so, you won't even notice it. You'll honestly be better than you are now, so don't worry - do me a favour tho. If you found this thread helpful, just post back in a bit and let us know you're ok for the benefit of any lurkers who may still be making their mind up, ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Seanh111

Hi lads 17year old guy here and i just found this thread. I think i have a tight foreskin aswell. I can pull it back fully when flaccid with no pain or discomfort from the frenulum or what ever its called. When hard i can pull it back almost half way, after that its uncomfortable but not painful. I havent had sex yet, partly because im afraid of not being able 2do it due to my foreskin but also cause of embarrassment, so would it be painful? I know this is a tight foreskin but is a circumcision needed? Ive heard of stretchin the foreskin, different creams n partial circumcision so could anyone tell me more about them?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭trout

Seanh111 wrote: »
    ... Ive heard of stretchin the foreskin, different creams n partial circumcision so could anyone tell me more about them?

No one here is qualified to give you medical advice. Your best bet is to see a doctor. Don't be embarrassed ... this thread should have made it clear, this is a very common topic. Your doctor will have seen it all before.

Best of luck :)

dude our best bet is to go to the doc so he can judge how bad it is or not. it sounds like sex would be painful in my opinion - the skin would be naturally pushed back during, and if that's painful, you're gonna notice it. Stretching and/or creams might be just what you need, so best to talk to your doc. I know it's embarrassing but the sooner you go, the longer you'll be sorted. At 17, you're gonna need it soon enough mate, best get it sorted!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 hidawallace

So is the cost of one of these circumcisions going to cost over €1,000?

what do you mean?

I had mine done privately and it was about 2.5k all in.

right after all this bother i rand the hospital today as im due to go in tommorow . well i lost the letter ages ago and have rang them twice in the past and they never said anything . so i was looking forward to be going into hospital tommorow after waiting over a year. so i rang today to find out if i needed to fast before i go in and the woman on the phone says oh no your just going into see the consultant , i was so looking forward to going in and now its just a let down after 3 phone calls i find this out im a bit sick now that i will have to wait ages again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I'm being admitted tomorrow for the op to be done on friday. Looking forward to it to be honest.

had my consultation today wasnt in there for too long . got checked out asked a few questions was told i drink too much ha. going for the operation on the 14th of july and i cant wait , plus they told me not to smoke for 3 days before hand and not to eat or drink from 12 the night before

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Whats the general cost?
    Do you have to take anything after? Eg. take pills or apply cream?

Just had it done yesterday. The pain isn't too bad right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Morf wrote: »
    Just had it done yesterday. The pain isn't too bad right now.

How much was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 hidawallace

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hidawallace viewpost.gif

what do you mean?

i mean does a circumcision cost over €1000, since i don't have a medical card or healt insurance

• Advertisement

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hidawallace viewpost.gif

what do you mean?

i mean does a circumcision cost over €1000, since i don't have a medical card or healt insurance

WHAT?

Swizz wrote: »
    How much was it?

Public and medical card.

Anyone know the price to get it done privately? I dont have a medical card :(

Swizz, i think you may be getting confused here.

It doesn't matter how much it is. We have a free healthcare system in this country. The medical card doesn't come into that. You attend your GP, they refer you onto a Urologist, who works in the public hospitals, such as Vincents or Tallaght. You go on the waiting list, and when your turn comes, you get the op done. Most you'll have to pay is €60 (last time I checked) for your bed.

If you want to go Private and have no insurance (VHI,Quinn etc) then you'll be lucky to see change out of 2 grand.

Swizz, i think you may be getting confused here.

It doesn't matter how much it is. We have a free healthcare system in this country. The medical card doesn't come into that. You attend your GP, they refer you onto a Urologist, who works in the public hospitals, such as Vincents or Tallaght. You go on the waiting list, and when your turn comes, you get the op done. Most you'll have to pay is €60 (last time I checked) for your bed.

If you want to go Private and have no insurance (VHI,Quinn etc) then you'll be lucky to see change out of 2 grand.

I dont have a problem with my foreskin, just wanna get it done. IS it still free then?
    Also thanks for the clarification.

you will need to check with the relevant GP/consultant. I have heard of this happening, but in rare cases.

If it's a cosmetic thing as such, then you will more than likely have to pay, but will really depend on the consultant urologist involved and their particular take on your situation.

I'm not a doctor and I don't work in the medical field, but I'd be amazed if you could get it done without a medical reason for free. Unless you could convince the doc that you'd a psychological reason for wanting rid, and maybe you do, I'd say you'd have to pay to get it done. I got it done privately, was 3 yrs ago now and was 2,250 or thereabouts. The exact figure is somewhere in the thread.

oh and byrner, even private I was waiting three months, so seems like your wait is about average. Hang in there man!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Howdy, had mine done 6 days ago privately. Was free as far as i know( medical reason ) so no help on the price front, have a question though.

The stitches at the top of the glands are pretty much gone, not sure if they dissovled or popped out magically :confused: Is this too early because im afraid for the life of me to pull back on the shaft in case of a bloodbath :( The sticthes are still visible going the rest of the way round so sort of shiiiting my self, advice welcome :)

theowen wrote: »
    Howdy, had mine done 6 days ago privately. Was free as far as i know( medical reason ) so no help on the price front, have a question though.

The stitches at the top of the glands are pretty much gone, not sure if they dissovled or popped out magically :confused: Is this too early because im afraid for the life of me to pull back on the shaft in case of a bloodbath :( The sticthes are still visible going the rest of the way round so sort of shiiiting my self, advice welcome :)

+ 3 days. Had a shower today for the first time. It was looking quite swollen and puffy on the underside. it's not too painful right now.

If you're worried about it go see your GP. I know that's what i plan to do if anything adverse happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

ohhh another thing:pac: through random google searches ive seen a myriad of peps saying not to have a bath as this dissolved the stiches; i had a bath the day after, docter here i come! :o

Advertisement