Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US: 2X15 - "Maternity Leave" [**SPOILERS WITHIN**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Good point. We know Dharma were involved in psychic research with remote viewing so it stands to reason that they could have a genuine psychic working for them to encourage Claire to get on the plane. Then again, he wouldn't have to be psychic at all. He could have found out about her being pregnant from her doctor somehow. It's looking more and more like some or all of the castaways were manipulated into boarding Flight 815.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Claire's face also went a bit strange when the song started to play IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Super episode, i was well impressed with the flashbacks of claires time away from the other group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Thinking about it now, I have a feeling that Gale might not be one of the others, I do think that there is still one among the group though, and I have my suspiciouns about who it is (the phsycologist, who's name I can't remember)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭20LEgend

I personally reckon that Henry Gale is who he claims to be.

If there is one thing about Lost its to expect the unexpected and i think the writers are being a bit too obvious in suggesting that Henry Gale is an "other" (by his actions, things he says etc).

So i wouldnt be suprised if the whole thing is spun on its head and as has already been discussed it will turn out he's not an other and another member of the camp will be found to be one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

20LEgend wrote:
    I personally reckon that Henry Gale is who he claims to be.

If there is one thing about Lost its to expect the unexpected and i think the writers are being a bit too obvious in suggesting that Henry Gale is an "other" (by his actions, things he says etc).

So i wouldnt be suprised if the whole thing is spun on its head and as has already been discussed it will turn out he's not an other and another member of the camp will be found to be one

yeah that s a possibility but if you read the transcript of the whispers from ep 'one of them' its clear that the dharma remote viewers konw henry on a different level..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

stevejazzx wrote:
    yeah that s a possibility but if you read the transcript of the whispers from ep 'one of them' its clear that the dharma remote viewers konw henry on a different level..

Where can you get the transcript of the whispers? Might be an interesting read..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

Metacortex wrote:
    Where can you get the transcript of the whispers? Might be an interesting read..

i think someone posted a link in the herny gale thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

stevejazzx wrote:
    i think someone posted a link in the herny gale thread

Thank you, i'll go track it down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

If you didn't track it down:

http://www.lostlinks.net/whispers.htm

It is also very interesting that they picked up talking when Eko encountered Smokey:

http://www.lostlinks.net/whispers.htm

• Advertisement

I liked that now I must say.

I listened to the directors podcast which was a pile of shoite though-consisting of 20 mins of filler.
    But they did say that an episode of Lost is written over an 8 day period.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Just checked, the planes on the mobile (in Claire's baby room in the hatch) definately say "Oceanic Airlines" on them. Don't have a screencap but it's at 17:36

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Let's hope that means something to the overall plot and it's not some silly in-joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

Did anyone notice the "Catch A Falling Star" lullaby song in the cot when Ethan is showing Claire around in the flashback?

Didnt she say something to the hypnotist way back in Season 1 that she wanted the adoptive parents to play this to her (then unborn) child?

How would Dharma know this? Unless he too is a Dharma employee?
    If she said it to him, she probably would have said it to them too. My reckoning is there was no couple waiting in America, or if there was they're Dharma employees posing as family.

Most likely they're non-existant though, and her Doctor works for Dharma who passed on the inofrmation. Then the "psychic" made it look surprising to say what he did, and even more surprising with his faked terror during her first reading - knowing it would encourage her to come back to him and take his advice/do as he says.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

There has been mentions of "scientists" in several posts in this thread.Im just wondering have I missed something?Ethan is the only Other we have seen so far who appeared to have any expertise in medicine no?We saw others in the surgery room alright but they were just prepping the place.Am I forgetting something?

Possible reason for abandoning the site because Ethan was killed?No point in staying there if he was the only one of their group who knew how to do "stuff"?

Best episode in a while alright.Thought Locke's reaction at the end was a bit daft.For someone who has been pretty astute in the past he has been bamboozled far too easily lately.

New favourite character: Eko.

'Nuff said, episode rating: 8/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

Tristram wrote:
    Thought Locke's reaction at the end was a bit daft.For someone who has been pretty astute in the past he has been bamboozled far too easily lately.

I think this is happening for a reason - Locke stuck in a dead end job in a box company, in a wheel chair determined to have his "walkabout". Goes to Australia and becomes even more frustrated when he is refused his "destiny". Plane crashes and he can walk. Everyone is scared and confused and Locke looks to be the only one that can save them all.

Remember in the first season Locke was the only one that saw the black smoke (we assume that's what it was). He caught a few boar and helped a few of the losties out- saved Jack's life, helped Charlie kick heroin, helped Michael establish a relationship with Walt, helped Boone get over Shannon.

Then he found the hatch... notice how everything changed from then on. Locke temporarily lost the use of his legs, Boone died, Shannon tried to kill him, Arzt died, the black smoke attacked Locke.

Then they opened the hatch despite Walt's warnings and Hurley claiming the numbers are cursed.
    Locke is now stuck doing another dead-end job (pushing the button), Shannon is dead, Walt is missing, Michael is missing (Locke feels indirectly responsible), Charlie looked to be falling off the wagon and Locke didn't handle it too well and the guns/food from the hatch only seem to have caused further conflict. Sayid torturing Henry Gale despite claiming he had vowed never to torture again (before wandering off on his own and meeting Rousseau).

I don't think Locke is the great spirtual leader we first thought he might be (Eko is stepping up this role) especially since he found the hatch he appears to be losing the way.

The numbers are cursed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Good theory MM.

However, I think Locke is alot more than we think he is on the surface. I know I keep harping back to it on this Board but the look he gave Zeke when they faced up to the Others in a recent episode really was more than meets the eye .......... (or might just be a red herring, its hard to tell with Lost)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭pokerwidow

Just thought I would bring this up for the Irish viewers. Would defo give it an eight/nine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Thanks for digging it up. Basquille must be on holidays :)
    It was a good episode I thought (first ever ep without a back-story??) but again can't help feeling a little let down by the lack of anything in the new hatch. Also, when Eko lifted the knife under his chin when talking to Henry Gale I was just like "NOOOOO!!" :o
    Overall though I enjoyed it. I'd give it a 7 or 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Mindphuck. Good though, but the bit at the end annoyed me a lot(Gale and Locke).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

I thought it was the best one for a while. i quite like the idea of no back story, it moves things along a little quicker. (that's if you don't class claire's flashbacks a kind of back story). Reckon i'd give it a 9.
    I'm a bit perturbed by Locke's reaction...but the writers are forever playing with his character. They love to Jekyll and Hyde him.

Yeah I thought his reaction was a little over the top. If you watch an episode from season 1, Locke was always so reassuring. Always seemed like the one person who was in control of things. His character has changed a lot this season, he doesn't seem like the cool, secure guy he was. But the reaction was just another reminder of this little sub-plot rivalry between Jack and him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭metafora

Can someone tell me what did Henry Gale say to locke to piss him off - i missed that bit!

metafora wrote:
    Can someone tell me what did Henry Gale say to locke to piss him off - i missed that bit!
    He asked him was he the genius or living in the shadow of the genius, and asked why he lets the doctor make the decisions.
    In a similar vein, what was the last thing Rousseau said to Claire, I think it ended with "you know what to do"?

Crucifix wrote:
    In a similar vein, what was the last thing Rousseau said to Claire, I think it ended with "you know what to do"?
    I think she said:
    "I'm sorry you didn't find what you are looking for, and I hope your baby is not infected. But I hope that, if he is, you will know what needs to be done"............implying that Claire will have to kill Aaron if he is infected.

Actually that was another thing that irked me, just a little. Aaron was better all of a sudden at the end. Could've been just a normal ailment like Jack said, but seemed like everything had been built up for nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭metafora

Thanks for that. I think rousseau was saying to claire that she would have to kill the baby if it was infected - correct me if im wrong anyone

Actually that was another thing that irked me, just a little. Aaron was better all of a sudden at the end. Could've been just a normal ailment like Jack said, but seemed like everything had been built up for nothing.
    I was thinking it could be because it was a vaccine, like the way they warn you you might feel unwell and even develop mild systems of a disease after you get vaccinated because you've basically been infected with a mild dose of it.

Crucifix wrote:
    I was thinking it could be because it was a vaccine, like the way they warn you you might feel unwell and even develop mild systems of a disease after you get vaccinated because you've basically been infected with a mild dose of it.
    Yeah good point, never thought about it that way.

Just another point (I really should've just said all this in the first place, but I keep thinking about the damn thing :o ) as much as I like the back stories, I think it would be good to give them a break every now and then. Tonight's episode moved a long well, I thought Claire's flashbacks were a good subsitute for a back story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Crucifix wrote:

Good thinking.

Im not smart enough to come up with somthing like that;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

... but what if there is no disease..

.. we know that the purpose of swan (in hanso land) is to type 6 numbers into the computer.. but what if there is more to it..

..eg 'by the way, you cannot leave the hatch because of the disease.'

.. the hatch did have quarentine on the inside of it (is there anything written on the other door?)..

.. maybe the numbers was only part of the test.. and injecting yourself with an unknown substance is the other.. ironically, the vaccine could actually be the disease and telling them that the outside is infected is a good way to keep them in..

Advertisement