Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US: 2X15 - "Maternity Leave" [**SPOILERS WITHIN**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

there is a forthcoming episode called
    Lockdown
    , i wonder what that's about? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I think there is definitely a connection between Locke/Jack letting the timer go down to zero/the hieroglyphs, and the state of the medlab that Claire, Kate and Rousseau found in this last episode. I reckon that whatever happened as a result of the timer occurred in the medlab and that is why it is now abandoned and has damage to the light fixtures etcetera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

Gave it a full on 10. Only my second ever. One thing im wondering if someone can clear up for me. When Mr Eko is cutting the tree, We see a black 'x'. But at one point there is a shot of the tree and Eko, 12.35, On the tree there is an engraved arrow pointing up?

Am i going ott here? Is this related to anything?

Gave it a full on 10. Only my second ever. One thing im wondering if someone can clear up for me. When Mr Eko is cutting the tree, We see a black 'x'. But at one point there is a shot of the tree and Eko, 12.35, On the tree there is an engraved arrow pointing up?

Am i going ott here? Is this related to anything?

Just had a look, the black X is definitely there but the up arrow could be just the way the bark of the tree has grown. If the arrow shape is manmade then it looks like it has been there considerably longer than the surviviors have been on the island because there are parts of it where you can see fairly clearly that lichen has grown across it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

duridian wrote:
    I think there is definitely a connection between Locke/Jack letting the timer go down to zero/the hieroglyphs, and the state of the medlab that Claire, Kate and Rousseau found in this last episode. I reckon that whatever happened as a result of the timer occurred in the medlab and that is why it is now abandoned and has damage to the light fixtures etcetera.

I'm starting to think there's a connection too... one thing that I don't think has been mentioned is the blatantly displayed "escape hatch" in the corridor. I'm wondering how much these others are connected to the ones in Desmond's hatch. Do they all have the same "button must be pushed" mentality? or do they even know anything more about the button than anyone else?

and how many different Dharma symbols have we seen so far? I'm wondering what other hatch places the losties might find. What one did the shark have on its body?

I'm not sure Locke was acting. It did seem a little too obvious, but Locke does have a look of genuine concern on his face after smashing the plates, if he was acting, why would he bother? Surely henry couldn't see his face.
    but then again, that might just be him realising exactly what Henry was trying to do, or wondering how to deal with it...

and I'm guessing that Claire now is accepting what the Psychic way back when told her that "she must be the only one to raise the child"
    But where does that put Charlie I wonder?

so many questions...

:confused: tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

she is still in with Zeke's crowd, we heard her name called to grab kate at the first meeting between the losties and the others. That lady is for turning thou, she is a rouge within the group. It would seem they are most defiently a commune after Nathan referred to themselves as a family, maybe they rely on brain washing or drugs to maintain group order? and she got loose

yeah seems like that but i dont know, i know we've seen kate find the 'fake disguises' but there seems to me that there will be an actual renegade group on the island

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

thats more than likely whats going to happen too imo. We are going to see an alliance from some rouge members of Dharma with the losties and there will be a power struggle or a shift of the balance of power before an all out war.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

Fantastic episode. But it wasn't long enough! ;) No point going into why, its all been summed up already.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

on the first time we see that little film dont they call "the hatch" lab 3 or somethin and with the one the others control/controlled and the one the survivors from the other part of the plane(ecko, ana lucia etc) could they be labs 1 and 2 and could 3 be the only left standing or somethin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

I reckon Eko is building a church.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭lau1247

just a thought.. if the losties have to take apart the cover that was covering the entrance to the hatch to get in..

Then when they brought claire in from the flashback, who was out there to close the cover?? Does that mean that there's another door to get into that place? or maybe they just leave it there to reveal to passer by?

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

lau1247 wrote:
    just a thought.. if the losties have to take apart the cover that was covering the entrance to the hatch to get in..

Then when they brought claire in from the flashback, who was out there to close the cover?? Does that mean that there's another door to get into that place? or maybe they just leave it there to reveal to passer by?

Haha, that's a good point, though I suppose we are meant to believe that not all of the Others are inside their hatch at the one time - that there is at least one of them wandering about somewhere outside.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I assume that the hatch door was only covered after they left - in an effort to hide it. While they were inside I would imagine they just pulled back some branches etc

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Dapos

Brill episode 10/10.... Do ye remember the episode where i think it was jin and eko where hiding from the "others" and all we say was a group of feet passing. There was a kid holding a teddy in this group. Where does this tie into to whole thing. were these the scientists like ethan. If so why were the children walking around with them the whole time. Or were they the real others like maybe when people get infected they become the others????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭SandyVN

Great episode.... 10/10. Did any1 get to see what the symbols were on the toy airplanes over the crib??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

SandyVN wrote:
    Great episode.... 10/10. Did any1 get to see what the symbols were on the toy airplanes over the crib??
    pretty sure they are oceanic..cant confirm but you know its true:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

Dapos wrote:
    Brill episode 10/10.... Do ye remember the episode where i think it was jin and eko where hiding from the "others" and all we say was a group of feet passing. There was a kid holding a teddy in this group. Where does this tie into to whole thing. were these the scientists like ethan. If so why were the children walking around with them the whole time. Or were they the real others like maybe when people get infected they become the others????

they were the kids from the tail-end of the oceanic 815 that were kidnapped at the beggining of episode 2.7, remember their parents were killed during the crash

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Dapos

ya i remember them alright but just thought it was strange that they were wondering around with the others. Maybe they were abandoning one of the shelters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

stevejazzx wrote:

I know they were marking the trees a few episodes back, and now Eko is cutting them down.
    Im working under the assumption, they are using the wood to make weapons/traps for the 'war' between the Lostaways and The Others/DI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Metacortex wrote:
    I know they were marking the trees a few episodes back, and now Eko is cutting them down.
    Im working under the assumption, they are using the wood to make weapons/traps for the 'war' between the Lostaways and The Others/DI
    Eko was marking and cutting the tree's, nothing to do anyone else and I doubt he has any interest in making weapons since he has gone religious.

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Eko was marking and cutting the tree's, nothing to do anyone else.

in the screencap charlie and sayid are helping him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

He might just be making himself a bit of a hut.

The size of the underground buildings is interesting though, this new hatch seemed to be very small. It looks to me like this hatch was being used for the sole purpose of delivering Claire's baby, when Claire escaped / Ethan was killed, they may have thought it prudent to give up on taking Claire and the baby again, and so the hatch wasn't needed.

After watching the episode I did think that Gale might be an other, sent to the losties to make out the list of the good. I'm not sure yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭shuushh

yeh good episode actually the last few episodes now have been very very good

locke defintley over reacted it would be a nice twist if he was just faking it

where has Sayid gone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Cactus Col wrote:
    The size of the underground buildings is interesting though, this new hatch seemed to be very small. It looks to me like this hatch was being used for the sole purpose of delivering Claire's baby, when Claire escaped / Ethan was killed, they may have thought it prudent to give up on taking Claire and the baby again, and so the hatch wasn't needed.

The fact that the Others wear normal clothes when they're not in the jungle indicates that they must be living in a pretty big underground complex, much bigger than anything we've seen yet, with plenty of air-conditioning and other mod cons. They only want the Flight 815 survivors to think they're roughing it. For all we know, the Others may even be spending time off the island somehow.

Interesting to see how kind Ethan was to Claire as well. It reminded me of Rousseau saying that the Others "lie". Of course he wanted Claire to go along with what was happening to her, but he was gently persuasive about it for a guy we know to be a psychotic killer. Although maybe he was just getting sweet on her. Who could blame him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

A solid 8/9 from me. Finally we're getting a few answers ;)

Locke's reaction to Gale seemed to be real, if he was faking then all he had to do was knock some pans over and not be facially angry.

Im still convinced Locke is one of the Others - for the greater good of course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Good Episode, nice to get a bit of plot development, although they're ignoring alot of other aspects of the plot and focusing almost exclusivly on the story with Claire, for example:

After Sawyer took all the guns, nothing happened, surely the rest of the losties would have done something about this and not just let this happen (esp Jack),
    Also we havent seen Anna Lucia in a while, ever since jack said it to her about starting an Army afaik, also Sayid was nowhere to be seen neither has Charlie after his subversive side was seen helping sawyer take control of the guns.
    Micheals disappeared into the jungle searching for Walt, obviously he is not meant to find him as it affects the way the story is going, but it would be nice to know he's still alive!

The look Locke gave Henry Gale in the room when he said it to him first suggested he knew what he was up to so the over reaction afterwards was a bit of a surprise to me, especially as he knows he can hear everything, so i hope it was acting on his behalf.

all that said, im really enjoying it, i watched all the first series and up to here in the second series in the last 2 weeks and now ive finally caught up ive to wait another 2 weeks for the next episode?! its going to be tough!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

stevejazzx wrote:
    in the screencap charlie and sayid are helping him
    Are you talking about the caps you posted earlier? http://www.lost-media.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimagepopup&pid=62802&fullsize=1

If so they are using bambo, they look nothing like the tree's Eko was marking and cutting down.

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Are you talking about the caps you posted earlier? http://www.lost-media.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimagepopup&pid=62802&fullsize=1

If so they are using bambo, they look nothing like the tree's Eko was marking and cutting down.

your right we'll have to wait for that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Did anyone notice the "Catch A Falling Star" lullaby song in the cot when Ethan is showing Claire around in the flashback?

Didnt she say something to the hypnotist way back in Season 1 that she wanted the adoptive parents to play this to her (then unborn) child?

How would Dharma know this? Unless he too is a Dharma employee?

Advertisement