Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US: 2X15 - "Maternity Leave" [**SPOILERS WITHIN**]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

Wow... 9/10 for me

Great ep.. I was glued to it the whole way through. It really took me by surprise after the recent installments. I was convinced we were going to get a dud ending, with the sentimental claire-baby scene near the end.

I actually thought Eko was going to commit suicide too, and for a split second I was like: "NO!" . But I really liked that scene; it was really intense.

and Henry Gale, I'm starting to like him... sowing the seeds of conflict and mistrust.

The Brief flashbacks were very well done, as was their integration with the whole hatch investigation scene. It was really atmospheric and creepy, reminded me of the tension of season 1.

Most stuff has been said.. I guess

so, so many questions, but I'm really looking forward to next.... oh crap... I mean, three weeks time. I'm really getting annoyed with the gaps.
    The IRL viewers have it easy.
    A friend of mine was complaining that they have to wait two weeks for the next episode (no. 4 I methinks). They have no idea :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,089 ✭✭✭mada999

one of the best episodes I've seen yet...deadly!! the first of claire's flashbacks was great!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

great episode, i voted 8 but should have been a 9

soo much going on, but i do agree with the theory that the medlab was abandoned after last weeks countdown, (maybe the hatch machine is a failsafe to detonate the island if the virus goes out of control?)

when we first heard zeke i felt disappointed that ther werent 2 sets of others, then we saw elvis zeke, & i was happy again, then we found the beard & i was both happy & sad about it love it

also anyone else wonder if sun has a kid/had a kid with her comment about a mother never leaving their child?

ps alyx is hot!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Good ep.
    Leaves plenty more unanswered questions!

I would give it ~ 8/10
    But because of that scene where Cla(i)re was holding the baby like a sack of spuds I'm giving it 1/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭digiman

chump wrote:
    I would give it ~ 8/10
    But because of that scene where Cla(i)re was holding the baby like a sack of spuds I'm giving it 1/10.
    I thought that you were joking but then I seen someone had actually voted 1. That's just stupid in my opinion, did you just want to be the only person who voted below 8 or something? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,802 ✭✭✭✭Basq

chump wrote:
    You serious? :eek:

.... Wee-ird!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Great Episode I give it a 10!

I wonder if the boss man Ethan and Zeke are talking about is actually Mr Gale??? Also loved the "you don't have anything by Stephen King" line from Gale might be little reference to either The Stand (Virus wipes out most of mankind) or even the Longoliers (Plane passengers go through some kind of rip in time and are stuck in yesterdays time). Anyway it was such a good episode I'm happy to wait the 3 weeks as long as the next one is as High a standard!

Snake ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

wow. What a brilliant episode. so many revealations! the others aren't really others...just highly trained hunting/shooting/kickboxing scientists. how cool is that?
    what exactly was with eko cutting of his beard? "as a token of my apology accept these face pubes"
    :confused:
    Henry Gale is Deleciously eeeeeeevvilll. I loved the cut to his reaction when locke lost it.
    3 sodding weeks...ah well prison break back soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,089 ✭✭✭mada999

schedule for upcoming losts....

212 - 1/25/06 Fire + Water Confirmed ***61 minutes.
    2/01/06 Numbers Rerun Confirmed
    213 - 2/08/06 The Long Con Confirmed ***63 minutes
    214 - 2/15/06 One of Them Confirmed ***63 minutes
    2/22/06 RERUN Season I 2 hour pilot Confirmed because of Olympics
    215 - 3/01/06 Maternity Leave Confirmed ***63 minutes
    3/08/06 Rerun Whatever The Case May Be.
    3/15/06 Rerun The House of the Rising Sun
    216 - 3/22/06 The Whole Truth Tentative
    217 - 3/29/06 Lockdown Tentative
    218 - 4/05/06
    4/12/06 Rerun
    4/19/06 Rerun
    219 - 4/26/06
    220 - 5/03/06
    221 - 5/10/06
    222 - 5/17/06
    223 - 5/24/06

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

mr_angry wrote:
    I'm pretty certain that he plans to build a church using the trees he has marked.
    Nope, a trebuchet. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

We really don't need to see the titles of upcoming episodes, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

Very good episode.

It was good to see Rousseau exonerated and the Claiure kidnapping explained.

Eko is up to something. I can't wait to find out what.

Locke was really pissed about Henry's suggestion that Jack was calling the shots. There is trouble brewing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Good episode. Loved the revelation that Zeke was dressing up to look like some native or a pirate. They answered what happened to Claire,but somehow they posed so many more questions!!

The Eko scene was really weird,I'm not sure what that was all about.

Interesting what Gale is doing,but I'm a little annoyed Locke didn't see through it. It was so obvious he was trying to stir up some sh!t between Locke and Jack.

9/10

The next episode is called "The Whole Truth",ummm...think we'll get that? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

I'd also like to see Sayid being let back in the room, just so he can talk to Henry Gale - Jack bauer stylee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

stevejazzx wrote:
    So would this mean that Zeke and co are anti scientist rebels of some sort?
    But what of this comment from hom that Walt is a very special boy?
    How would they know that? Are the others the scientists, forced to live on Island after the world has ended?
    Or perhaps Zeke and co have a base where some scientists from the original project have defected to Zekes cause, which leaves the remaining sceintists with Alvar, who are probably all mental types hellbent on domination of some sort or the other.

hmmm I was almost on to it with this snippet from my thread i posted tuesday...
    great episode that s what lost is all about, "ok guys we'll answer all your questions with twenty thousand more riddles"!
    big question from that episode is
    Is alex with zeke or against him?
    Is she with him but decided out of sympathy to save claire?
    Or is she in fact a rebel from an outside group on the Island?
    The scientits dressing up as raggidy others suggests that it's just another control for the losties as I said in my other post also....unless they planted
    these clothes for the losties to find.....and why was kate so secretive?
    In the episode where michael goes off looking for walt kate gets herself caught by zekes crew who use her as a ransom for the guns, suspicious no?

Eko s confession shows he knows something, because he's afraid of being selcted as a 'bad person'. Perhaps Ekos memory is coming back to him also?
    Didn't claire feel the needle in her stomach before she was kidnapped? The episode where she awoke at night and was hysterical saying someone had injected her with a needle and then soon afterwards she was kidnapped for real! Does this mean that she is psychic or that she is living out an implanted memory?

Why does the Dharma medic hatch look old and looted?
    If the scientists decided to leave fearing claire would remeber why would they leave the BIG clues in the form of their disguises(theatrical glue!!!!)
    it looks like they left in a panic, or remember that the lights in the unit were broken hanging down as if something explosive had gone off, if this were the case and they had to evacuate all of a sudden type of thing it explains why they probably had to leave behind the costumes. Possiblty the button reaching zero caused something to happen but why would the buttton be affecting the other hatches? It seems to me that the timeline of whats happening isn't right like implanted memories that have gone wrong.

Lockes gives Henry the brothers karamazov and discusses how heminway lived in the great russian authors shadow, perhaps this simile is not only for Locke and jack but for the leaders of dharma too, undoubtedly henrys reference to stepehn king is a throwback to some fans incessant theorizing about losts similarities to the book the 'stand'.
    ethan tells claire that they are a 'good family' which suggests that Dharma is building something of a cult on the Island explaining the conditioning of childern from an early age etc. I just can't figure how the scientific aspect of Dharma ties into the religous aspect, why Walt is special to their cause etc.

Finally I would say that claires baby get better so surely this might indicate that the 'sickness' is possibly just another control by Dharma? Perhaps however it might just be the first stage of the infants illness and eerily Rousseau seems to believe that if the child really is sick then all involved that no choice other than to kill it........

stevejazzx wrote:
    Didn't claire feel the needle in her stomach before she was kidnapped? The episode where she awoke at night and was hysterical saying someone had injected her with a needle and then soon afterwards she was kidnapped for real! Does this mean that she is psychic or that she is living out an implanted memory?
    Ethan was in the camp at that stage. He was probably taking a sample from the Baby, of injecting the same stuff.

I also think it's a bit stupid how Locke is being played yet again, only days after Sawyer did exactly the same thing.

Ethan was in the camp at that stage. He was probably taking a sample from the Baby, of injecting the same stuff.

ah yes....tis true, but why stab her in the dark in her camp with everyone around when he needed to kidnap her anyway, remeber the clean shaven Zeke said 'you were meant to bring her in etc....' or words along these lines so the premature stabbing in the dark?
    I also think it's a bit stupid how Locke is being played yet again, only days after Sawyer did exactly the same thing.

yes it does seem silly but you have to remeber that everything on the island is mind control and Mr. gale is probably an expert and probably been monitoring the Losties so he would know exactly what buttons to push...(forgive the pun)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 244 ✭✭tails2

ahhhhhhh, for all of you that like following US tv shows so much you really have no clue about the schedules do ya...

the reason there are gaps sometimes in showing episodes is because of things like the super bowl and the world series. the world series is on tfor the next three weeks so almost all the evening shows are put on pause because so many viewers would be lost. similar to when we only watch world cup matches and not normal tv when we actually qualify

NOW BACK TO YOUR REGULAR PROGRAMMING:D

i tought the episode was great. i thought ethan being explained properly was a plus and it also explained some past episodes. the whole thing about mike and walt not being mentioned or the fact that it didnt look like claire or kate had mentioned the new hatch to anyone was a let down. but i suppose they might in time to come. anyway see ya's in 3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I think this episode showed why the Others wanted Claire's baby. By the end of the episode Aaron had not received any further medication for the illness, yet he still appeared to be recovering from it. This to me would imply that his natural immune system had formed some sort of antibodies to fight off the disease. Would this not make him a valuable asset to any scientist who was studying/seeking a cure for the illness?

duridian wrote:
    I think this episode showed why the Others wanted Claire's baby. By the end of the episode Aaron had not received any further medication for the illness, yet he still appeared to be recovering from it. This to me would imply that his natural immune system had formed some sort of antibodies to fight off the disease. Would this not make him a valuable asset to any scientist who was studying/seeking a cure for the illness?
    That or it was just a normal ailment like Jack said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭assassin_ie

Its possible that Locke only reacted in that way as he new thats what Henry wanted to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Its possible that Locke only reacted in that way as he new thats what Henry wanted to hear.

I think this is a valid point, as he flipped out way too easily for me, as he knew that Gale had good hearing.

I'd give it a solid 8. A lot of the back story was cleared up and was interesting to see Ethan and Zeke together.

That or it was just a normal ailment like Jack said.
    True, I may be reading too much into it. Though I also thought that at one point in the flashbacks, where they showed Ethan's hand extended towards Claire for a second or two, that Ethan's right hand seemed to have the reddish blotchy rash as well around the wrist area.
    I'd also agree that Locke's reaction to what Henry said seemed a bit extreme by Locke's styandards of cool, calm and collected behaviour, so it could have been just a put on to see if it brought out more of the Other in Henry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

duridian wrote:

depends on what type of virus it is, maybe the child is just a carrier and passes it on with detrimental effect to the remainder of the losties? who knows?
    Ethan came across as a nice guy in parts of the episode, he seemed fairly geniune when speaking to Clair on that tree trunk. I knew all along that there was only one group on the island.

also i would just like to add
    ALEX IS HOT! more of her please

also i would just like to add
    ALEX IS HOT! more of her please
    She is lovely alright. Looking forward to seeing her (hopefully) in future episodes. She was great too in Malcolm. The IMDB says she has a bunch of movies either filming or in post production for 2006. Maybe the Lost gig will help get her some wider recognition.

her name is Tania Raymonde
    She's looking fairly hot here.
    tania_raymonde.jpg

anyway..back to lost!

. I knew all along that there was only one group on the island.

so to what group does alex belong?

she is still in with Zeke's crowd, we heard her name called to grab kate at the first meeting between the losties and the others. That lady is for turning thou, she is a rouge within the group. It would seem they are most defiently a commune after Nathan referred to themselves as a family, maybe they rely on brain washing or drugs to maintain group order? and she got loose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

Lockes reaction was way OTT in my openion.... what i would assume is we are going to see that scene again from a different camera angle.... like kate in the air vent from the start of season 2..... i can see jack giving locke a wry smile for his acting, oh shock !!!...locke is annoyed and henry takes him in to his world......too obvious, we were told already that henry could hear through the door..... smells like a setup for henry gale.... but could be wrong...lol......

did anyone read what was writen inside the locker kate opened, tried to but couldent......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

Great episode.

The others dress up to look like they've been living rough??? Interesting, very interesting.
    So it looks like the others and the Dharma scientists are one and the same. Again interesting.
    Im a bit disappointed they didn't mentioned anything of the button and the glyphs after the last episode but im sure all will be revealed in time.

Advertisement