Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unseen footage of the riots.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I think zero tolerance, Rudy Guiliani style, and a coherent reform of the welfare system are the way forward. The first is a very slim possibility, the second however, an impossibility IMHO, because we have gone too far down the road of encouraging the parasitic plague that is the ill educated rampantly-reproducing, feckless, council house dwelling mong, visible on every main street up and down the country. I was on O Connell St. three weeks ago, and was approached _SIX_ times "for da bus fare, bud", twice by the same idiot. I'm not singling out Dublin for a second, this is a nationwide problem, actually, scrap that, the U.K. is in an even worse predicament than we are.

These are the same idiots that slag off asylum seekers and foreign workers, "'cos' de're takin' our jobs"; What fcuking jobs? We are accomodating a massive number of our Eastern European friends, who work their asses off for minimal pay, while these little Nike wearing insects are still claiming their weekly giros while the economy booms...

Mods, apologies for the OT rant, I'll happily start a new thread if necessary in a more suitable place...
    A post so spot-on it deserves its own thread.
    Agree 100% RoundyMooney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

The Repugnant Sinn Fein people encouraged this mayhem plain and simple.

If you ask me I think it is time for Michael McDowell to list RSF as a proscribed organisation and lock up its members for sedition for what happened today. I grew up in Dublin and to see it burning like that makes me furious.

and Lock up the little bastards in Na Fianna too!

spot on. well said.
    bastards the lot of them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

DaveMcG wrote:
    Hey are you able to host a video @ 3.17mb?

It's a little ditty I put together :D

Iv no space limit. And im sure ill be warned and not suspended about bandwidth (I run a server on their IRC Network, so they have to be nice :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭IrishEmperor

Funkstard wrote:
    We missed a perfect chance yesterday, there was a highly concentrated and centralised gathering of pure scum, we could have eliminated a fair proportion of the filth on our streets. I'm not altogether against mass extermination. I don't even think I'm joking either.

NAPALM

"You smell that? Do you smell that? Napalm, son. Nothing
    else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm
    in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for
    twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't
    find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know
    that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like - victory.

Someday this war is gonna end.
    "

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

.... And Crispy Knacker!!!!!!! ..... At Any Time Of The Day & Night!!!!!!!!!11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

NoelRock wrote:
    A few single shoes lying around O'Connell street afterwards testified. However, there were also shirts/t-shirts (literally) being flung out the door as these people went into the shop and raided it. 'Foot Locker' was mere window-shopping by comparison.

Here's the panorama of O'Connell/Abbey Streets just before the FootLocker freebes where flung into the crowd.. (2:30pm)

th_93481_060225_Dublin_230.jpg

Mostly a lot of bewildered shoppers & Welsh fans wondering what the hell was going on...

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

Trotter wrote:
    Why? Because they had the Irish flag wrapped around them!

I don't suppose any of them had a clue why there is an orange bit on the tricolour?!...

At 230pm I remember passing a newstalk 106 reporter on o'c-bridge; he was coming away from O'Connell St. as I was walking towards it. He was wearing a yellow construction hardhat and I thought 'wow what a duffus!' ... then at about 315 when the scum were tipping bottle bins out and a hundred glass missiles were flying through the air I was thinking 'damn a hardhat would be nice round about now!' :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

I've just read through all 14 pages. i just wanna clear a few things up but im not going quoting everything i'm replying to so bear with me.
    Pics like these CAN and WILL be used to bring charges against these scumbags if the photos can be brought to the atention of the garda.
    Pierce street is dealing with all the damage and casualties of the riot so they could be a good place to turn in the pics/videos and i'm bringing this thread to the attention of some people tomorrow too so some of the evidence can be viewed. if any1 has the know how to gather all the pics and vids and put them on a dedicated web page would be a great help.
    the "lack of garda" comment isnt exactly fair, every garda in dublin was there barr one or two for every station to keep them open.
    The reason the garda didnt seem eegar to get physicle is because the government wont stand by the force in the aftermath as seen after maydand at the end of the day its risking their livleyhood.
    I can asure you all that the scum that got arrested got a good "telling off" back at the stations after being arrested,
    we cant have thins like water cannons because the government is inn the pocket of the rich libiral snobs and wont fund tools like that.
    the reason garda dont all has bullet proof vests is because it will make the country look bad in that the garda have something to fear from the public which everyone knows they do.
    the government wont even stand by their recruits as they are warned that they cannot strike anyone as they are not full garda members and dont have powers yet try getting a scumbag not to beat you up because your still only "in training". I would have begged to stand in that frontline with those garda but to my regret i couldnt. this had NOTHING WHAT SO EVER to do with politics or republicans or any of the other crap thats ive just heard on bbc news just now. its scum who will side with anyone over anything to get involved in a riot. and as for people having a right to march, political marches of any kind should not be allowed as the are inciting violence and people a fully aware of this.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I'll do my best to hook up a dedicate gallery over the next few days of all images/videos.

I presume your a cop?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

At 230pm I remember passing a newstalk 106 reporter on o'c-bridge; he was coming away from O'Connell St. as I was walking towards it. He was wearing a yellow construction hardhat and I thought 'wow what a duffus!' ... then at about 315 when the scum were tipping bottle bins out and a hundred glass missiles were flying through the air I was thinking 'damn a hardhat would be nice round about now!' :p
    Henry McKean :)

just a lowly recruit, thats why i kudnt be there. students wernt allowed go in as we have no official way of defending our selves and we have no riot gear. but i can tell ya id have been the first ready to roll out if i could have gone.

also to the person who sai the little brother/cousin or whatever named a "friend" of his who bragged about throwing rocks and hitting people, I'd like to think you plan on informing the garda?

also to the person who sai the little brother/cousin or whatever named a "friend" of his who bragged about throwing rocks and hitting people, I'd like to think you plan on informing the garda?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Another disgraceful and very violent day. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

just a lowly recruit, thats why i kudnt be there. students wernt allowed go in as we have no official way of defending our selves and we have no riot gear. but i can tell ya id have been the first ready to roll out if i could have gone.

Just a word of warning for yourself, but i believe it is frowned upon by the GARDA powers that be that you identify yourself as being a member of the force on Boards (or messageboards in general)... another Garda mentioned it on another thread a little bit back

not to sound ignorant or anything but its not exactly a sackable offence and i wouldnt be the only one known to be a member on boards or similir message boards.so im not all that bothered.

also this could have a result, only recently a car was recovered that was stolen through the cooperation of a few people on octane.ie who mentioned they spotted something fishy about a similir car.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

not to sound ignorant or anything but its not exactly a sackable offence and i wouldnt be the only one known to be a member on boards or similir message boards.so im not all that bothered.

also this could have a result, only recently a car was recovered that was stolen through the cooperation of a few people on octane.ie who mentioned they spotted something fishy about a similir car.

that's cool...i'm just informing you just in case you could get yourself in trouble (tbh, it was probably BS anyway...lol). :)

how many months have they been repaving O'Connell St now??
    It seems like well over half a year at this stage!?

..its just ONE ****in' street!!..

and wont there be plans to pull it all up again for these new proposed LUAS lines?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I've just read through all 14 pages. i just wanna clear a few things up but im not going quoting everything i'm replying to so bear with me.
    Pics like these CAN and WILL be used to bring charges against these scumbags if the photos can be brought to the atention of the garda.
    Pierce street is dealing with all the damage and casualties of the riot so they could be a good place to turn in the pics/videos and i'm bringing this thread to the attention of some people tomorrow too so some of the evidence can be viewed. if any1 has the know how to gather all the pics and vids and put them on a dedicated web page would be a great help.
    the "lack of garda" comment isnt exactly fair, every garda in dublin was there barr one or two for every station to keep them open.
    The reason the garda didnt seem eegar to get physicle is because the government wont stand by the force in the aftermath as seen after maydand at the end of the day its risking their livleyhood.
    I can asure you all that the scum that got arrested got a good "telling off" back at the stations after being arrested,
    we cant have thins like water cannons because the government is inn the pocket of the rich libiral snobs and wont fund tools like that.
    the reason garda dont all has bullet proof vests is because it will make the country look bad in that the garda have something to fear from the public which everyone knows they do.
    the government wont even stand by their recruits as they are warned that they cannot strike anyone as they are not full garda members and dont have powers yet try getting a scumbag not to beat you up because your still only "in training". I would have begged to stand in that frontline with those garda but to my regret i couldnt. this had NOTHING WHAT SO EVER to do with politics or republicans or any of the other crap thats ive just heard on bbc news just now. its scum who will side with anyone over anything to get involved in a riot. and as for people having a right to march, political marches of any kind should not be allowed as the are inciting violence and people a fully aware of this.

http://images.sparky-s.com/sp_index.php?dir=./Dublin%20Riots its all here, dont worry about bandwitdth, ive tons and tons of it

empty threats ruggie, like the way we cant strike anyone or use our maglites to defend ourselves even though we are not given battons. i can tell you my maglite needs a new coat of black and i know of one friend of mine who managed to put a very large dent in his while the battries were still inside.....how i dont know but there ya go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭zzap64

I too have just read all 14 pages of this thread tonight and seen a lot of the photos and videos. I was in town on Saturday and got caught up at the tail end of it, around Essex bridge. There was around 40 scum bags running back and forth to the Garda, looking to start something.

It's REALLY annoys me the amount of pure scum in this city (and Ireland and Britain in general). They will never contribute anything to society and will just take all they can from it and the worst part is that they are breeding a lot faster than the non scum population.

The parade was like holding a red rag to a bull, but that is no excuse for the rioting and looting. It just looked like young tracksuited scumbags up for a bit of wreckage. Sometimes I'd love to go postal on them ala Rambo or something.

I am a bit of a lefty but not so much of a bleeding heart liberal that I wouldn't like to see these waste of space and resources up against the wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 The War Dept.

can't understand the garda in charge ? if i was in charge i would have summoned 2 units of dublin fire brigade to parnell st. ordered them to connect up to the sewage system, and DROWN those scumbags in a tidal wave of the excrement that they are.......job done ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

http://images.sparky-s.com/Dublin%20Riots/riot_11.jpg

Why the hell is this knobhead waving what looks to be a palestinian flag? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

The_Edge wrote:

Why the hell is this knobhead waving what looks to be a palestinian flag? :confused:
    Tbh, that was the most bizarre and ethereal moment of whole afternoon.
    Up until then, it looked like a random riot with no purpose whatsoever (save for a few Tricolours and such) and then, out of fcuking nowhere, that guy with a massive Palestinean flag just appears and starts waving it around the place.

The reaction of everyone around me was total bemusement.

I just p*ssed myself laughing tbh - Who the hell was he trying to kid???

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

The_Edge wrote:

There has been a Republican link with how the Palestinian people are oppressed for as far as i can remember. Likewise I have seen loyalists areas up North with Israel'y flags to counteract this. I don't know to what level this link actually exists, but you'd have to ask some of Northern friends to answer that one.

delly wrote:
    There has been a Republican link with how the Palestinian people are oppressed for as far as i can remember. Likewise I have seen loyalists areas up North with Israel'y flags to counteract this. I don't know to what level this link actually exists..

I saw a young Spanish couple throwing bits of pavement at the cops & they were photographing each other - maybe they were Basque? maybe they were anti-globalisation-protestors getting some practise in for the next G8 summit? maybe they were actually Mexican.. can anyone account for the movements of Rodrigo y Gabriela last Saturday? ;)

A few minutes later I saw a 14 year old carrying a 6 pack of dutchgold he had just looted from a centra window... nobody seemed to be going for the moet :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

Sparky-s wrote:
    http://images.sparky-s.com/sp_index.php?dir=./Dublin%20Riots its all here, dont worry about bandwitdth, ive tons and tons of it
    We won't worry... I'm just gonna link it to all me mates and all thweir mates... this is around the world already! Cheers though!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Never mind the fact that the army weren't called in when the riots errupted, they should have had a presence there from midday. No offence to Spitfire666 or any of the Gardaí who were on the street but to even the simplest of minds, an infantryman in battledress (even if only armed with a riot shield and baton) is far more intimidating and likely to maintain order than a cop in dayglo yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The_Edge wrote:

You should go up north and have a drive around.. You will see these Palestinian and Israeli flags flying over Nationalist and Loyalist areas respectively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Actually you (Gardai) or prehaps the army do have a water Cannon. It was deployed when Bush came to town, not that it was used or anything.

Advertisement