Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychics & Mediums (ask questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

HI all, I'm going to Mind Body Spirit Festival tomorrow and I'm going to a Psychic for the first time. Just wondering who I should go to if anyone has any experience of the festival?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Corkgirl18 wrote: »
    HI all, I'm going to Mind Body Spirit Festival tomorrow and I'm going to a Psychic for the first time. Just wondering who I should go to if anyone has any experience of the festival?

Hi CorkGirl..

My Wife is usually very involved in the M.B.S. but sadly the Cork one is getting very poor to be honest.

www.mindbodyspirit.ie

She is not even attending it this year,,as she is dealing with a different event in London this weekend.

If you could travel,the M.B.S. is in Dublin for St.Patricks weekend,and there is a much better line-up of people there.

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Ciara M26

peanuthead wrote: »
    Saw this post miles back and felt compelled to reply to it.

That Adam fella is terrible, I have not been to him, but know 4 people who have been. One of them recorded the reading. She came out of it very disappointed. He basically tells her at one point on the tape that if she doesn't start trying to fit his random stab-in-the-dark guesses into her life somehow that the reading isn't going to go too well for her.

He is incredibly vague and extremely pushy at the same time.

I thought it particularly funny that the post above was written by a 'sandra' the name which just so happens to be that of his wife and personal secretary!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Also been to Adam myself and found him completely full of bull went with friends and they all rhought the same and in regards to the name sandra being his wife i also thought the same thing when i read the comment haha

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭veronymus

Post removed. Left account logged on and someone posted without my knowledge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 TiredAngel17

Hi All,

I am looking for information on psychics and mediums in the Cork City area. Anyone who is near the City, or is accessible via the Cork/Cobh or Cork/Midleton trains would be best for me. If any of you have details of anyone you found to be good, if you could please forward them on to me? Cheers!

• Advertisement

Hi All,

I am looking for information on psychics and mediums around the Cork City area. Any one who is near the city center area, or is accessible via the Cork/Cobh or Cork/Midleton trains would be best for me. If you have had good experiences with anyone around here, please let me know! Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 coltan

hi, just wondering if anyone has contact details for Angela in Balbrigan heard she is brialliant, thanks in advance ,..? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Hi All,

I am looking for information on psychics and mediums around the Cork City area. Any one who is near the city center area, or is accessible via the Cork/Cobh or Cork/Midleton trains would be best for me. If you have had good experiences with anyone around here, please let me know! Cheers!

There's Veronica in Blackpool, who reads a short distance away from the Blackpool Shopping Centre. She charges €50, reads tarot cards and seems to communicate with spirit guides. The reading takes about 40 minutes. I've found her to be accurate in what she predicted so far (within three years - this is year two now) in terms of my job and personal life.

Then you have the White Witch, Helen Barrett, in the centre of Cobh town. She charges you €25 to read your palm and, essentially, she's great craic, although she might surprise you with a few accurate details/predictions, as she has done for some people I know in the past. She'll write down all her main points/predictions for you as well. Having said that, I found she got more wrong than right about me at least, although I still have to wait to see if any of her other predictions come to pass. She's a nice lady and I'm sure her readings do reassure some people, but I'd take it all with a pinch of salt. There's a thread about her here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055333606

Maria, also in Cobh, has been spoken about lately. I know, and know of, two people who have seen her and reported having had positive experiences with her. She spends about an hour or so with people, during which she reads tarot cards and apparently speaks to 'the other side' there and then, and she charges €50.

There's also Stephanie in Cobh, on whose readings the verdicts have been mixed. Some say she was fantastic, while others say the opposite. Also charges €50.

Annette Singleton is another reader. She calls herself a medium but I never witnessed, or heard about, her contacting the deceased during a reading. She's just a general psychic/reader, IMO, although I have to admit I didn't find her much good regardless. None of her predictions for me have materialised to date. She's a nice woman but I think she's more like a life coach than someone who actually has psychic ability. Many others have said more-or-less the same thing based on their own experiences. She charged €50 when I saw her before, but I've heard she now charges a hefty €80 and reads from Douglas these days. Taking into account my own experience with her, there's no way in a cow's plough I'd fork out €80 for what she 'did' during those 40 minutes. No way.

Tbh, I really don't think there are many readers in Cork that I would rate. I have rated Peter Matthew highly, but his forte is mediumship and not general fortune telling-type stuff. The decent readers in Cork have either died (Billy Drake), retired (Mrs Burns in Cobh, I think), or have 'lost' their once-great ability, i.e. the White Witch. For your possible interest, there's been a thread about readers/fortune tellers in Cork: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055416900

I don't know if you could be bothered travelling to Limerick, but I've heard a few good reports about a fella named Len in Limerick city. Apparently he reads your palm and offers info and predictions based on your numerology/birth date. I think he charges €50.

All of those readers' numbers are listed in this directory (scroll down): http://www.paranormal.ie/directory.html

If you'd be interested in an email or phone reading, I'd recommend Betty Palko, because my sister, who saw her recently at the Mind Body Spirit fair in Cork, said she found her excellent.

Now, I took the p!ss out of Palko before, saying how she was a bad advertisement for her service considering how her former client Princess Diana died prematurely, but I decided to do a bit of digging after chatting to my sister, and I found out that Betty Palko was only Diana's psychic until around 1992. Also, it was the press that tracked down Palko and reported how she was Diana's psychic - not Palko who tracked down the press to promote herself. So I stand corrected on all that.

My sister said that, before Palko even read the cards and she had only just sat down, Palko was able to tell her about her exact work situation (they've cut staff and are planning to cut more staff) and how she had been feeling during the past fortnight as well. Apparently this was despite my sister being in a good, fairly cheerful mood (outwardly perhaps) at the time of the reading.

Betty Palko was also able to tell her about her most recent relationship in detail and gave her predictions that are due to occur before November. My sister was very impressed and surprised, considering the oftentimes-questionable calibre of some of these holistic fair readers (and I know that from my own experience as well).

Palko, who she said was very nice and down-to-earth, recorded the entire reading on CD for her to take away as well. So, if that would be your thing and you don't mind not having to leave your house, Palko's contact details are listed here: http://www.bettypalko.com/more.php

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Thanks so very much!!

Thanks so very much!!

You're welcome. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Moyno1111

Hi, Im looking to get Sandras (Psychic/Medium) number in Naas. Went to see her years ago and found her excellent. Was spot on with alot of things. Am hoping to see her again but cant get her number anywhere. PM me please. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 N1cola

Hi,

I've been doing a bit of research to find a good medium in Cork and so far I have found nothing disappointing about Veronica in Blackpool, Cork. Has anyone ever been to see her and what are your opinions on her? Also if u know any good relatively cheap psychic medium in the cork city area pm me there numbers and their prices thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mryolo

N1cola wrote: »
    Hi,

I've been doing a bit of research to find a good medium in Cork and so far I have found nothing disappointing about Veronica in Blackpool, Cork. Has anyone ever been to see her and what are your opinions on her? Also if u know any good relatively cheap psychic medium in the cork city area pm me there numbers and their prices thanks.

hi n1cola,

Been to Veronica but didn't find her very good. Im based in west cork took the spin up to see her (about my grandmother, I'd been having some dreams) and found her very vague. Dont get me wrong like some parts were good but most things she said were a bit off or could apply to anyone I suppose. Dont want to knock her like.

My sister went to a man in the city last week, I think he's only here a few months but she said he was almost frightening the stuff he knew. Can't think of the name now but he was supposed to be unreal like. Her best friend michelle went the next day and she said he was unreal too.

I've been to the white witch and thought she was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭carrie12

N1cola wrote: »
    Hi,

I have been going to Veronica with 10 years and find her fantastic especially the first time you go to her, and I love the way she is so connected to the angels and has a very peaceful calm atmosphere in her room. she told me 85 per cent that has come true, she is only human after all and can get the tad bit wrong or out a bit. my friends have gone over the years to and found her very accurate. Along with her I would recommend Maria in Cobh found her very accurate also but its a must to tape her as she talks so much and you cant interrupt at certain times when she is in trance, other than that I have gone to them all in Cork and I would pick Veronica and Maria over the others all the time. :)

carrie12 wrote: »
    I have been going to Veronica with 10 years and find her fantastic especially the first time you go to her, and I love the way she is so connected to the angels and has a very peaceful calm atmosphere in her room. she told me 85 per cent that has come true, she is only human after all and can get the tad bit wrong or out a bit. my friends have gone over the years to and found her very accurate. Along with her I would recommend Maria in Cobh found her very accurate also but its a must to tape her as she talks so much and you cant interrupt at certain times when she is in trance, other than that I have gone to them all in Cork and I would pick Veronica and Maria over the others all the time. :)

Never been to Maria, but I've heard she's good. I must have gone to Veronica on an off day because although I found her peaceful a lot of her predications were pretty vague imo. I might try again to give her another chance.

I might get my sister to tell me the full story with yer man, ye might be interested on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 bronty

Hi carrie,
    Would you not rate peter Matthews anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 godman

Anyone been to Teresa in Cobh? I'm booked in to see her soon and am wondering if she's the real deal. I've been told she's excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 miss sugarray

godman wrote: »
    Anyone been to Teresa in Cobh? I'm booked in to see her soon and am wondering if she's the real deal. I've been told she's excellent.
    Theresa is in Ringaskiddy and I heard great things about her, some friends of mine went and loved her, reads the angels . but she is expensive like 80 euro but sure if she is good and its only one payment

• Registered Users Posts: 35 miss sugarray

bronty wrote: »
    Hi carrie,
    No:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 godman

Theresa is in Ringaskiddy and I heard great things about her, some friends of mine went and loved her, reads the angels . but she is expensive like 80 euro but sure if she is good and its only one payment
    I got her location and correct spelling of her name wrong! LOL, no wonder I couldn't find any into on her. That must be the woman! She's €85 now, I've been told. From the way my friend spoke about her experience, I'd say she's worth it. I'd like to hear other peoples opinions on her too, if any..

• Advertisement

bronty wrote: »
    Hi carrie,
    only Veronica and Maria for me , for me the only ones :)

godman wrote: »
    I got her location and correct spelling of her name wrong! LOL, no wonder I couldn't find any into on her. That must be the woman! She's €85 now, I've been told. From the way my friend spoke about her experience, I'd say she's worth it. I'd like to hear other peoples opinions on her too, if any..

God, €85 is crazy money to be charging people. I know I paid €80 to Dympna Hughes before, but that was only because I had come across plentiful and unanimously positive (and seemingly genuine) reviews of her readings beforehand. Another thing was that, I said to myself that, if I felt that she was making up crap up until 10 minutes into the whole thing, I would just get up and leave without any money having changed hands. She turned out to be great almost immediately though.

I still can't understand why readers charge anything above €50. Well, greed does to come to mind. Annette Singleton in Cork was charging €50 for several years, before inexplicably increasing her fee to €80 almost overnight. When I got the €50 reading from her, I didn't think it was any good, so I'm baffled by what might have changed (for the better) in her readings that she decided to hike up her fee by €30. Stupid b.s.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭IrishPsychic

God, €85 is crazy money to be charging people. I know I paid €80 to Dympna Hughes before, but that was only because I had come across plentiful and unanimously positive (and seemingly genuine) reviews of her readings beforehand. Another thing was that, I said to myself that, if I felt that she was making up crap up until 10 minutes into the whole thing, I would just get up and leave without any money having changed hands. She turned out to be great almost immediately though.

I still can't understand why readers charge anything above €50. Well, greed does to come to mind. Annette Singleton in Cork was charging €50 for several years, before inexplicably increasing her fee to €80 almost overnight. When I got the €50 reading from her, I didn't think it was any good, so I'm baffled by what might have changed (for the better) in her readings that she decided to hike up her fee by €30. Stupid b.s.

You have RIGHTS!!! if you are not happy you ask for refund I only charge 15 Euro but that is just personally me speaking I have been given a gift and I prefer making people happy then wondering how much more can I charge, I have had to refund 5 people in all my time not because I was no good but the time was not right for the person who I was reading for ie it made some sense to the person but it was more to the fact that now was not the right time for someone to have their reading I hope that makes sense. I also do a radio show where I do free readings and then it is up to the person if they want to go for a private reading with me search for Irish Psychic on FB if your on it and you can join and get a Free one to if you wish...If you comment on any post on FB make sure you mention I am coming from Boards and I will then answer your Qs on my Radio show that goes to everyone who reads this post, The fan page has over 13,000 fans so make sure you join the correct one lol...But like I have mentioned if you are unhappy with a Psychic let them know WE ARE HUMAN and would rather make you happy by not charging you then you going away being unhappy etc...

You have RIGHTS!!! if you are not happy you ask for refund.

Ah, sure I know that - I've been endorsing, and occasionally putting into action, that ethos for several years. My grievance was/is with readers who charge anything above €50 in the first place, whatever about actually giving them that money later on.
    I only charge 15 Euro but that is just personally me speaking I have been given a gift and I prefer making people happy then wondering how much more can I charge.

Well, if only they all thought the same way as you. :rolleyes:
    I have had to refund 5 people in all my time, not because I was no good, but the time was not right for the person who I was reading for ie it made some sense to the person but it was more to the fact that now was not the right time for someone to have their reading. I hope that makes sense.

No, I understand that and I'm aware of that happening from time to time. Having said that, it should be obvious 10 minutes into the reading that it isn't 'the right time' for the person, or it isn't working, so you shouldn't even need to give someone a refund. Don't people usually pay after the reading is done?
    But like I have mentioned if you are unhappy with a Psychic let them know WE ARE HUMAN and would rather make you happy by not charging you then you going away being unhappy etc...

Oh, I've let a few of them know there and then alright. One woman - this was at a holistic fair before - got very angry when I told her about three minutes into the reading that what she was saying didn't make any sense to me and that I was going to head off, and, as I shook her hand (no hard feelings, ha, ha), she gripped my hand like a vice. She was only angry because she had to take my €50 out from under her crystal ball and hand it back to me. Money-grabber. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Smashling7

Has any1 been to Julian Deburgh recently? I think he's in George's st in Dublin?

Went to a great man in Cork yesterday afternoon on mccurtain street. Was blown away.

I was charged 50euro yesterday and I thought it was fierce reasonable considerin I was with him for nearly three quarters of an hour like.

Fierce impressed like

mryolo wrote: »
    Went to a great man in Cork yesterday afternoon on mccurtain street. Was blown away.
    who is this man? I take it, its the man who your sisters went to , how long is he in cork for ? sorry all the questions :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 trixie12

Hi Guys,
    I am planning to see Teresa Green this week, can you let me know what you think?x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 mairoch

mryolo wrote: »
    Hey you don't have a name and number for him do you????? I know I probably need a miracle to sort my stuff out but a fortune teller would help. I know there is meant to be a brill woman who comes to your home and would do 4 or 5 people (she really is spot on) but for the life of me i can't remember her name.......she read for my inlaws a few years ago and she got it soooooo right.

Advertisement