Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Earphones at Great Prices

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,214 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yep..
    I've yet to test them thoroughly, and not wanting to sound like a fanboy, but it's like you're walking on air/with the music washing over you..

Btw, do you just dump broken earphones or can they be recycled?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I don't know about broken earphones, I guess I would just throw them out but if they can be recycled that would be nice.

Meelectronics have released a new-cable version of their popular budget earphones, the Ai-M9. It is $20 on Meelec.com, and they will ship internationally if you e-mail them (I believe it is $7). So about €20 for some pretty sweet entry-level IEMs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,214 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

How many pairs do you have overall, then?

Well, I have 3 pairs of earphones and one pair of headphones, but I just sold my best earphones (UE Triple.Fi 10vi) because they were too big and uncomfortable. So now my mains are the PL-50s. I also have Etymotic ER6 and Audio-Technica ATH-AD700s. Don't know what I'm going for next, probably Etymotic MC3s.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Sorry if im asking this in the wrong place but after reading some posts here ye all seem to know your stuff!

Iv taken up running recently and i have an ipod nano with bog standard apple earphones, which keep falling out, so to combat this, I would like a set of those in-ear headphones but that dont cost an arm and a leg either! because i also have that same problem , to keep out city noise i have my ipod up full blast,which i seem to understand is unnecessary if you have good quality earphones :o

and i do love my music so a good quality pair would probably enhance my listening experience :D

sooo recommendations please!

If you need them ASAP, I would recommend the Klipsch X1s that I linked to above.

Baza210 wrote: »
    If you need them ASAP, I would recommend the Klipsch X1s that I linked to above.

may be a silly question but are they comfortable? they dont look it !

I find them very comfortable, they're slim and light. They come with oval shaped tips too which fits better into your ear.

A bit late and OT, congrats on catching the bold sneeze. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Don't deliver to Ireland :(
    That's funny of amazon isn't it?

Erm, something's up, becase I'm listening to a pair right now that I bought from Amazon...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Erm, something's up, becase I'm listening to a pair right now that I bought from Amazon...
    Curious!
    play.com wouldn't deliver to a non UK adress either which was weird cause I've ordered plenty of stuff of them before. No bother though, put in the order with someone else so should be fine.

Must resist reading this forum and reaching for the wallet..

Ended up getting the sennheiser cx 200 ones

Now since i have only ever just put up with apple ipod earphones all i can say is WOW!

I can't belive I have been depriving my ears all this time! apple earphones have like zero bass! Its insane how bad they are! :eek:

cant wait to go running tomorrow with my new playlist and earphones that wont fall out when i run! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

http://www.headphone.com/headphones/sennheiser-hd-595.php

Found them today in Curry's in Galway, they had stickers on them for €199,99 however after looking closer I saw a label underneath them for €39,99..couldn't believe it, thought it was a mistake but i brought it to the checkouts and lo and behold, got it for €39.99.

Epic quality headphones for that price..there's still two of them left as far as I could see, they may be old but that doesn't detract from the quality of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

http://www.headphone.com/headphones/sennheiser-hd-595.php

Found them today in Curry's in Galway, they had stickers on them for €199,99 however after looking closer I saw a label underneath them for €39,99..couldn't believe it, thought it was a mistake but i brought it to the checkouts and lo and behold, got it for €39.99.

Epic quality headphones for that price..there's still two of them left as far as I could see, they may be old but that doesn't detract from the quality of them!

Was just into Curry's Galway there, none left I could see, had an out of box pair of 555's and several PXC 450's at €350 with 20% off, which I'd like ....but not at that price. Wonder if the PXC's are priced wrong like the pair you got? And I never asked...damn it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

Ended up getting the sennheiser cx 200 ones

Now since i have only ever just put up with apple ipod earphones all i can say is WOW!

I can't belive I have been depriving my ears all this time! apple earphones have like zero bass! Its insane how bad they are! :eek:

cant wait to go running tomorrow with my new playlist and earphones that wont fall out when i run! :D:D:D

I have the same headphones!!! There great :D

I have the same headphones!!! There great :D

Yeah its quite the upgrade from apple bog standard ones....

• Advertisement

What's wrong with your PL-50s? :p

Nothing :) Although, a couple of times I've noticed that the volume sometimes takes a little jump. This has happened when seated on the train and leaning forward to get something from my bag...fairly sure that the iPod was locked at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭pablodunlop

Just saw this posted in Bargain Alerts,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-CX-300-II-Precision-Noise-Isolating/dp/B001EZYMTK/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

What's the build quality like on these? Just ordered a sansa clip plus for myself and want a nice pair of earphones

That's about what they're worth. I wouldn't call it a bargain by any means. The Clip is capable of delivering great sound quality, but you would not be getting even close to it with those.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭philten

Bought a pair of Shure SE110's from Currys in blanchardstown - about 2 weeks ago now. They were 49.99 reduced from 100. There were about 5/6 boxes on shelf.

Very impressed with them. Sound is excellent and seem very sturdy too. I think these are an entry level model, looks like they were trying to shift some old stock as I think these have been replaced by SE115.

Very happy with them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,224 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I use Yuin PK3s earbuds I got from headdirect.

Outstanding sound quality but they lack in noise cancelling and the wire is a little on the short side.

Baz, what is the stroy with these amps people keep talking about with portable earphones?

Still using those PK3s you recommended - only prob is naturally the noise isolation.

I hated the Senny x-300s though.

Amps are only really necessary with higher-end, more demanding earphones. With earphones under, say, €50, they don't make much difference.

IIRC, didn't I suggest the Yuins to you because you wanted the non-isolating kind that you don't have to stick into your ear?

• Advertisement

Amps are only really necessary with higher-end, more demanding earphones. With earphones under, say, €50, they don't make much difference.

IIRC, didn't I suggest the Yuins to you because you wanted the non-isolating kind that you don't have to stick into your ear?

Exactly right.

So does this amp attack to your mp3 player? As a sort of go-between?

Advertisement