Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Earphones at Great Prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

If you're having trouble getting hold of the PL-50s, a good alternative is the Meelectronics Ai-M6

You can get 'em from Meelectronics themselves, they will do international shipping if you email them.

http://www.meelec.com/category_s/246.htm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thanks. :) I'll see how things go. If there's nothing happening by some point in January I might shop elsewhere.

The clear M6s are tempting me too, they look pretty swish for budget IEMs.

There's also these : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Klipsch-Image-X1-Headphones/dp/B002EL3P5U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1261955124&sr=8-1-spell (current price : £22)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Apparently the PL-50s have shipped. :)

Hope you get 'em soon. No sign of mine :|

• Advertisement

The online tracking thing is a bit odd, but now it actually says something: 'The item was posted on 31-Dec-2009 and is being processed for delivery to the addressee.'

Was listening to this piece last night and found it rather interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Was listening to this piece last night and found it rather interesting.

Which will bring you to sites like

http://store.acousticsounds.com/ (the CD section)
    http://www.head-fi.org/

If you haven't already been there...

stay away from head-fi :(

so poor...

Baza210 wrote: »
    stay away from head-fi :(

so poor...

Lol. In fairness theres a lot of info on cheap stuff that sounds good too. Its not all about money.

If people get these give us a quick review and comparision with other earphones you own. That would be useful.

• Advertisement

The PL-50s? I'm hoping mine arrive today, although that's really just hope. I don't have any indications of shipping or anything.

Hmm, I take that back. I don't think it's even left Hong Kong yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭dunworth1

anyone know anything about the Creative EP-630 Earphones.

can be bought on ebay for 3.67 euro with P&P only 0.85

they seem to get good reviews

They are meant to be similar to the Senn CX300's. Very bassy. At that price they are probably fakes, as theres lots of fake earphones around.

BostonB wrote: »
    They are meant to be similar to the Senn CX300's. Very bassy. At that price they are probably fakes, as theres lots of fake earphones around.

his ebay feedback would suggest that they are real

they are on amazon for 9.54 euro

dunworth1 wrote: »
    his ebay feedback would suggest that they are real

they are on amazon for 9.54 euro

The price would suggest not...theres tons of fake ones around.

Personally I don't like the CX300 or the EP-630. Too much bass. Even if they were real.

http://fakeheadphones.com/fake-creative-ep630-review/01/2009/

BostonB wrote: »
    The price would suggest not...theres tons of fake ones around.

Personally I don't like the CX300 or the EP-630. Too much bass. Even if they were real.

http://fakeheadphones.com/fake-creative-ep630-review/01/2009/

cheers with all the fake earphones out there it seems buying in a shop is the best bet as they will be real

Tower records and HMV are doing a decent range of head phones now. €30 or €40 isn't much to protect your ears and enjoy your music. Theres also proper web stores like Komplett, and the shops recommend on this thead and on head Fi are usually decent.

Tower Records' selection is reasonable but not where I'd look if I wanted good value.

Edit : Updated my guide, see link below.

changelog for v0.6 :
    >Replaced Etymotic ER-6i with Cyclone PR1 Pro

latest : http://hf.bcpk.org

Probably not but they were doing Senn higher end buds like the MX760 and 90/95VC which I didn't see anywhere else. I was surprised to see them there. Some of the other shops have loads of earphones but they are all mainly cheap crud.

• Advertisement

They also have Klipsch Image S4s (€90) in a glass cabinet along with some Ultimate Ears. They had HD 555s there too. Plenty of Koss headphones but no PortaPros, strangely. PX100s were €45 if I remember right, which is near double what they are online.

Well you have to shop smart, don't buy something too expensive or something too cheap!

ended up getting a pair of Philips SHE6000 for 29.99 in hmv

they have pretty good sound
    and very comfy

and they look cool

Can't see 'em when you're wearing them.

Baza210 wrote: »
    Can't see 'em when you're wearing them.

you can see the back of them which is a speaker

PL-50s arrived this morning. :)

Mine arrived too! Hilariously small, aren't they? I think they sound good for the price.

Yep. Hardly opened them as it's been a really long day.
    Thanks for all of your help. :)

Man, the difference.

• Advertisement

Haha, I know exactly what you mean. Makes you wonder how you stuck with standard earbuds for so long, eh? Glad you like them.

Advertisement