Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Earphones at Great Prices

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Just ordered the E2G's this afternoon. Paid about €80 for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Sorry to drag this thread up, but Im about to order some Shure earphones, (they sure make great mics, hehe sorry couldnt resist), anyway, really like the spec and frequency response details for these headphones but ive been really put off by all these sites giving me instructions as to 'how ot fit' them in your ear, teling me things like pull one bit of my ear and all this crap, id hate that... are they really that annoying to use??

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

I've had a pair of Sony EX71s for three years and am very happy with them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

440Hz wrote:
    Sorry to drag this thread up, but Im about to order some Shure earphones, (they sure make great mics, hehe sorry couldnt resist), anyway, really like the spec and frequency response details for these headphones but ive been really put off by all these sites giving me instructions as to 'how ot fit' them in your ear, teling me things like pull one bit of my ear and all this crap, id hate that... are they really that annoying to use??

cheers

IEMs can take a bit of getting used to , for me it was around a week.I was actually getting a bit of pain during and after use but this was pretty much just a break in period, afterall you are shoving these things in your head so there is obviously going to be a reaction of somesorts to a foreign body.Now i find them very comfortable and have no problem wearing them for long periods.Getting the fit right is most important,with Shure you get a good fit kit included e3c and up so you you will find a tip that suits you.You will have to experiment a bit to find what fits best, the best is probably the foam tips ,great isolation and bass (i use shure e4g).The problem is the foam tips need to be changed on a regular basis as they loose their ability to expand after a while.
    Putting them in and out takes a bit of getting used to too,at first it can be a pain in the arse but when you start getting the fit right its a piece of cake,takes seconds ,but they are not something that you would be putting in and taking out constantly,IEMs are best for uninterupted listening.Even with the music turned off you will not hear someone talking to you its completly muffled the isolation is that good (provoded you get the fit correct).
    So all in all initially it can be a bit of an annoyance compared with earbuds but once you take the time to get used to them you will never look back.I would highly recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

440Hz wrote:

cheers

I had a pair for around 3 weeks and sold them on as I hated them.Sure(pun intended!)the sound was very good but there were too many draw backs.Alot of fiddling around to get them to sit right in your ears and the worst offender,any noise you make being audible.This made it next to impossible for me to wear them while walking as I could constantly hear the pounding of my feet in my head.Also I found them very uncomfortable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I've cx300's very good @ a reasonable price of 40 - 50 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

I just bought the wife and I each a set of these from wind130 on Ebay for €65 each:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/v-Moda-Vibe-Modaphones-FlashBlack-FREE-SHIP-US-CANADA_W0QQitemZ150116892932QQihZ005QQcategoryZ111693QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem

Vibe V-Moda Modaphones... they are amazing.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

mikeruurds wrote:
    I just bought the wife and I each a set of these from wind130 on Ebay for €65 each:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/v-Moda-Vibe-Modaphones-FlashBlack-FREE-SHIP-US-CANADA_W0QQitemZ150116892932QQihZ005QQcategoryZ111693QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem

Vibe V-Moda Modaphones... they are amazing.

Mike

Nice thread revival.

Be careful with then, they don't seem that sturdy from what I've read.

I'd be interesting in hearing what they're like. They can't be worse than Shures

Do a search on Head-Fi in the earphones sub forum lots of reviews and comments about them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

I have em a week now and the sound quality is great for metal and hard house... perfect for the gym :D

I can't compare them to Shures as I've never owned any.

The bass is particularly good.

Apologies for the thread revival... it was a particularly popular thread so I didn't think a necro job would do any harm ;)

A solid 9.5 on head-fi: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=208981&highlight=vibe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

My sony fontopia which cost me €50 before christmas just broke. I'm coming up to exams and use these ear canal earphones because they block out everything. I'm really pissed off, €50 and they last 5-6 months... I'm not gonna buy sony again. I have €30-40 to spend, so don't bother suggesting Shure as I really can't afford them. Any recommendation in my price range? I was looking at the Skullcandy ones and a pair of Philips and a pair of JVC. Any ideas?

Sennheiser CX300's are decent for the price. If you shop around you can get them cheap even in the main street shops.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

the sennheiser cx300s but they go for about 45-50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

yeah the cx300s have great isolation. i got a pair off a uk ebay seller for €30-35, be careful if you go through ebay there are loads of fakes that look real :( (yeah yeah, i admit it i got stung!) if you need a shop pair in a hurry, argos have a nice philips pair reduced to around €30 atm, they're nothing spectacular but they're comfy and sound good enough. me really want a pair of those v-moda vibes though!

me really want a pair of those v-moda vibes though!

A friend of mine has them, he loves them to bits...

and LOL at BostonB, we both recommended the same thing.... haha

I just bought a pair of CX300s for €35 in 3G in stephen's green, giving them a listen now, seem really good, really snug comfy fit. I like 'em.

I bought a fake pair off ebay which were crap before I bought the Sonys that just broke. I got my money back off the seller though, thankfully. I'm pleased with these though. Block out everything when I'm trying to study :D

you don't waste time :D

Congratulations man...

I'm a girl :P

But I couldn't afford to waste time, can't study at home without them, exams start this day week :(

tywy wrote:
    I'm a girl :P

But I couldn't afford to waste time, can't study at home without them, exams start this day week :(

Good luck so.
    Mactard wrote:
    A friend of mine has them, he loves them to bits...

and LOL at BostonB, we both recommended the same thing.... haha

For once eh? :D

The Vibes get mixed reports. So I'd be wary of them. The CX300 seem to get a good review everywhere and they are quite cheap and thus good value IMO. I have a pair myself but had a hard time getting a good fit. Used different tips in the end. Like them for isolation. But can't use them moving around, they are too microphonic. In the office I can't wear then as I can't hear the phone, or people walking up behind me. So I use MX500's in the office cheap but fine for background music.

• Advertisement

primarily I use px100s or akg k26p's with my cx300's being used on the odd occassion

I have PMX100's which I use on the computer at home. Bit too bassy for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

woah, they're some expensive earphones........

Anyone know can you buy like a double set of earphones? Or an adaptor that you can plug 2 sets of earphones into, but use for the 1 device?

Cos I'm getting a PMP and I'll be using it alot when interrailing, but I'm going with a mate so it'd be handy if we could both watch it at the same time.

You can buy cheap adapters in places like peats and maplins. Buy two because they always break. Dunno where you'd get a decent one. Or tell your mate to buy their own PMP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

tywy wrote:
    I just bought a pair of CX300s for €35 in 3G in stephen's green, giving them a listen now, seem really good, really snug comfy fit. I like 'em.

I bought a fake pair off ebay which were crap before I bought the Sonys that just broke. I got my money back off the seller though, thankfully. I'm pleased with these though. Block out everything when I'm trying to study :D

Thanks for the tip.
    You saved me 20 odd euros. I was going to buy them on pixmania!
    Cheers
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

Sennheiser HD 25's are the best headphones I've ever owned......... just amazing.... Look like I'm not the only one that likes them...

AMAZING!!! DURABLE!!! COMFORTABLE!!!

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=165299&highlight=sennheiser+hd25

Mac

MY Shure E2G's have offically kicked the bucket after a year :( So I just bought from V Moda Vibes. Let's see how good they are. €61 shipped from wind130 on eBay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

You do know that the E2Gs come with a 2 year warranty
    (as do all Shure IEMs).
    http://www.shure.co.uk/PersonalAudio/Products/Earphones/GamingEdition/uk_pa_e2g_content

Might be worth giving them a call or dropping them a mail, contact details
    as follows:

Shure Distribution UK
    167-171 Willoughby Lane
    London N17 0SB
    United Kingdom

Phone: 0208 808 2222
    Fax: 0208 808 5599

General Email: info@shuredistribution.co.uk

I tried that before. Don't have proof of purchase cos I got them on eBay so they told me to feck off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Sorry to hear but must admit it's one of the reasons I avoid ebay.

Mobilefun
    sell them for pretty reasonable prices and at least you
    get a 'proper' invoice.

Advertisement