Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Earphones at Great Prices

Options

Comments

Thinking of getting a decent pair of headphones. Am thinking either the Sennhesier 205 or 215's. Are the 215's worth the extra cash?

Or is there a pair of headphones in the 40-70euro price range that are generally considered the best?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭James_M

opr wrote: »
    Does anyone know are these back in stock anywhere ?

They get nothing but great reviews all over the web.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/484569/review-fischer-audio-s-dba-02

Opr

I'm in the same boat. Any knocking around?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I think the only way to get them is to nag Ethan at Bugden about preorders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

opr wrote: »
    Does anyone know are these back in stock anywhere ?

They get nothing but great reviews all over the web.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/484569/review-fischer-audio-s-dba-02

Opr
    Baza210 wrote: »
    I think the only way to get them is to nag Ethan at Bugden about preorders.

I contacted Fischer Audio directly enquiring about European suppliers and was told to contact these guys. They told me they deliver to all of europe (their website states they don't deliver outside Spain, Portugal & the Balerics) and will be translating the website into english also.

http://www.zococity.es/product/233/0/0/1/1/PRE-ORDEN-Fischer-Audio-DBA-02.htm

or in google translate

http://translate.google.ie/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=zococity.es

Now if I can only justify buying myself a pair of them.

Edit & Update******************

I got an email from them today saying that these are the pre-order prices and that the (precio finale) final price will be more than that, €139.99. I've also asked about delivery charges and when the pre-order offer ends.

http://www.zococity.es/images//Newsletter/pre.jpg

Let us know if you get any further info! I'd be interested in both the DBA-02 and FA004.

• Advertisement

yimrsg wrote: »
    Now if I can only justify buying myself a pair of them.

You're looking at it all wrong. The question is - Can you justify not buying them?

Here's the latest email from Zococity:
    Shipping to Ireland would be 12 euros with Fedex and its a fixed price. That means that no matter how many things you order it will be 12 euros. To make your order and get it shipped to Ireland just enter in our site (www.zococity.es ), select the product/s and while processing put a spanish post code and city (for example, Valencia 46020), select shipping through 'Seur' (which costs 8 euros) and payment with credit card or Paypal. Afterwards, send me an email telling me your real adress and send the the 4 euros missing of the shipping to our Paypal account info@zococity.com.

I am sorry that the process to order for Irish people is a bit complicated right now. The good news are that for next week we hope to have our store translated and oficially opened for all European customers.

In the other hand, the pre-order prices end on 25th (tuesday) and on 26th (wednesday) we will ship all orders.

Anything else you need please let me know. As I told you, we are planning our opening to European customers and we need to have a good start. :-P

Regards.
    Main points:

Shipping is €12; €8 via 'Seur' when you buy the product and €4 via paypal. Contact them via tha above email and give your actual address for shipping. It's a little messy but the pre-order prices are so tempting.

Pre-order price offer ends on the 25th (Tuesday) and products to be shipped on the 26th (Wednesday). I got the dates mixed up in an earlier email and got that cleared up.

I was originally looking for closed headphones (FA-003) to complement my Re0s and open headphones and stop buying stuff, but now I'm thinking about maybe getting one or both of the DBA-02 and the FA-004. My wallet might not like me.

I'm thinking about maybe getting one or both of the DBA-02 and the FA-004. My wallet might not like me.

Same here :o

Edit: yup, ordered the DBA-02s, can't ignore the word o' my man ljokerl http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Ah that's insanely tempting at the pre-order price! Thanks (or maybe not :D) for the info on delivery etc. Hmmm decisions, decisions.....

Ordered and due to be shipped "soon". Cheers Yimrsg

• Advertisement

I've gotten no luck setting up my account with Zococity, I can't seem to get a valid postcode no matter what I try. I emailed them earlier about it but don't expect to recieve a reply this late in the day.

How did you get your account set up? I've tried using all sorts of Valencia addresses and keep getting "The postal code does not match the chosen region in the billing information".

I know I'm probably doing something wrong but can't figure out what.

Man FedEx are useless... according to their tracking page they attempted delivery the last two mornings but "Customer not available or business closed". Granted my apartment complex has a keypad to get in, but there's also a dialer to call the intercom in my apartment and they also have my mobile number.
    Not only that but there's several hundred people living in my complex, this can't be the first time FedEx have tried to deliver there. They should know the drill. Now I can't get my earphones until Monday at the earliest, when they've been in Dublin since Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Ceefax

Phew!!!!!!!!

have just read this entire thread. Some great info.

Looking for advice.

A pair of in-ear phones. 50e max.

I was going to go with Sennheiser CX 300-II Precision.

They seem standard for the price.

Any suggestions for a better set at the same price gratefully appreciated.

Forgot to add above that noise canceling is valued.

What's that like with those Sennheisers?

Have a read of some of the recent threads in this forum and see that quite a few people are unhappy with the CX300s. A popular upgrade is the SoundMagic PL30s.

I was looking at those Soundmagic phones. I see you can get them from a company in Dublin(Sutton)

Have you used them? Nice sound?

Comfy? They look a tad bulky.

I've read the negative posts about the cx300, but are you going to get better for a similar price.

Anything of similar price could be worse.

Saw these too..http://www.currys.ie/Product/PHILIPS-SHE9622-Inear-Headphones/298634/383....much cheaper. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I don't want to create a thread of my own so I hope it is alright to put it here. I'm looking for a decent pair of over-ear headphones (Don't have to be groundbreaking, just decent sound/comfort) for as cheap as possible. Maximum 30€. I'm currently doing a video project and would like them for use during this project so I don't have time to do proper research myself. They don't have to be portable. I would only be wearing them in the house and maybe in the car with my mp3 player/laptop. What pairs fit this criteria?

Thanks in advance,
    Jackobyte.

Koss PortaPro

I was going to start a new thread but thought I'd ask here instead. Firstly, I'm well impressed with them haven't been able to listen to them at their best (poxy ear infection has reduced one of my ears to 40-50% of normal) but they sound amazing in my one good ear and pretty good in my bad one.

The soundstage is definitely an improvement on my re0s, I'd swear I could hear parts of a song swirling around my the outside of head and I got goosebumps on first listening. Also there is almost no microphonics even without a clip.

Isolation wise it's very good (excelling my shure se110 with olive tips), I've only tried the set it comes in it but will give the others a try once my ears are 100%. It's a little awkward to get the perfect position for the best sound just right but from reading up complys or shure triple flange are meant to be the best. They're also much more comfortable than my other IEMs once in, combining perfectly the smoothe plastic of the shure and the small size of the re0.

I can't judge the sound signature very well just yet but it feels very good, I'm not a bass head but it does feel a little light at times but that could be me only hearing 50% of it. The highs and mids are just right to my ears, I said to a friend that the re0 adds half a star to a song whilst I'd stick my neck out and say that this could add the full star.

So Baza210, James_M & anyone else who got them, what's your take on them?

Koss PortaPro
    Any pairs that will completely cover your ear rather than sit on it.

• Advertisement

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Any pairs that will completely cover your ear rather than sit on it.

Meelec HT21

FedEx failed to deliver for the fourth time today.

Meelec HT21

FedEx failed to deliver for the fourth time today.
    Is their own site the best place to buy?

Any circumaurals for that price?

JVC HA-RX700 perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,027 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Koss PortaPro

Got these recently on amazon and really enjoy the sound, good bass too. Because of the design It's easy to wear with glasses
    JVC HA-RX700 perhaps.

Was considering these went with the RX900 in the end, haven't received them yet though. The RX700 get good reviews for the price

Well, unfortunately I haven't had much chance to use them (new baby). I'd agree with you on the soundstage. Some music I listened to had moments that really took me by surprise. These produce excellent clarity.

I am also wondering if the bass could do with a little more but that might be just me.

One thing I wanted to mention that I haven't seen much focus on though - how long will they last? I am concerned that the twisted cable build will encourage fraying. Seeing as these are fairly new on the market they have yet to stand the test of time. Hopefully my concerns are unfounded though!

My alternative would have been IE8's. I do like that the Sennheisers have changeable cables and a bass "tap", both great advantages to me (I lost my Shures to poxy cables) which these do not have BUT with such a price difference I am very happy with my purchase.

Top-line IEMs all use braided cabling- it's tougher than the normal straight kind.

westone-es1.jpg

Sorry again but opinions on these?

James_M wrote: »
    Well, unfortunately I haven't had much chance to use them (new baby). I'd agree with you on the soundstage. Some music I listened to had moments that really took me by surprise. These produce excellent clarity.

I am also wondering if the bass could do with a little more but that might be just me.

One thing I wanted to mention that I haven't seen much focus on though - how long will they last? I am concerned that the twisted cable build will encourage fraying. Seeing as these are fairly new on the market they have yet to stand the test of time. Hopefully my concerns are unfounded though!

My alternative would have been IE8's. I do like that the Sennheisers have changeable cables and a bass "tap", both great advantages to me (I lost my Shures to poxy cables) which these do not have BUT with such a price difference I am very happy with my purchase.
    Top-line IEMs all use braided cabling- it's tougher than the normal straight kind.

westone-es1.jpg

The cable is twisted not braided, plus it's unsheated. I know other people have commented on the potential for something to get in between the cable and potentially damage it.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fischer-audio-dba-02
    Typically with earphones you get a cable that has some kind of sleeve on it but this one is different. It almost looks like a DIY cable. From the split down you have 3 cables being twisted (2 black, 1 white) and above the split there are 2 cables being twisted (1 black, 1 white). Although it is built well I would rather the cable be some kind of braid instead of just being twisted as I could see a potential problem. If something gets caught on it there is a chance for some heavy damage but that is pretty much only possible near the plug as there are tiny holes there since the twist isn't done as well.
    If I was to break them at the audio jack (that's what I usually do unfortunately) I'd change the jack for a right angle one and put some heat shrink on the lower cables up to the Y splitter and stop any potential problems down the line.

I often read that the IE8s are bass heavy and this graph shows it. They'd probably complement the DBA-02 very well, but would have very different sound signatures.
    graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID[]=603&graphID[]=2731

Another IEMs with changeable cable:
    http://www.head-fi.org/products/panasonic-rp-hje900
    This one is thought of as being the strongest IEM
    http://www.head-fi.org/products/audio-technica-ath-ck10-portable-in-ear-headphones

It's a 12 month warranty with the DBA-02, but they do have very strange limitations on that warranty:
    (e) circumstances out of control of Fischer Audio, including without limitation, fires, storms, earthquakes, floods, stupidity or maniacal stubbornness.
    Failure caused by the acts of God, fall of asteroid, Martian attacks, hungry piranhas and/or swallowing by Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal, is covered by Fischer Audio if such accident has been proven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

are these good, the a-jays One? 20 pound with a 4gb usb thrown in. im used to Cx300s and i like them but they are fairly old and kinda fancy a change

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/In-ear-Headphones/Jays/Jays-a-Jays-One-Isolating-Earphones-%2B-SanDisk-4GB-Cruzer-Blade-USB-Flash-Drive---FREE

Advertisement