Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Earphones at Great Prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

cormie wrote:
    Did they give you the same deal? Let me know if they do:)

Not quite, works out at about €181 for the E4G's and I've no idea why since they're the same as the E4C's apart from the colour. :confused: I'm happy either way tho. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hmmm, that's not bad but you should demand a better price:p

Too late for that now, it's ordered already. :D

Cool, still a great price:) Enjoy them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

Now again, before Thursday comes.. i'm confused.

PX100 or PX100 ?

Loads of praise to PX100 but not much I heard abt PX200.
    The thing that really gets to my head now is PX200 is a closed can.

Argh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

Im really interested in picking up a pair of E2cs but wind30 looks like he is outta them. Looks like all he has left is E3s. Does anyone know what these are like?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

mart_max wrote:
    Now again, before Thursday comes.. i'm confused.

PX100 or PX100 ?

Loads of praise to PX100 but not much I heard abt PX200.
    The thing that really gets to my head now is PX200 is a closed can.

Argh!

Thats because the PX100 is meant to be better. 9 out 10 comments on these headphones over on Head Fi all rate the Px100 as a lot better. As you say the PX200's are closed so are designed for a different use than the PX100. However most people who would consider the PX200 tend to look at other models like the HD201 or HD202. There are one or two people who prefer the PX200's though.

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/search.php?searchid=1708182

i finally got the PX100, very much alive than my mate's PX200 which i tried.

happy and satisfied... the fact, it is opened can, but it think i can live with it while on dublin bus rides...

just increase the volume... and prepare to damage a little bit of my hearing... :D

SoundWave, the E3's are supposed to be really good too:)

mart_max wrote:
    i finally got the PX100, very much alive than my mate's PX200 which i tried.

happy and satisfied... the fact, it is opened can, but it think i can live with it while on dublin bus rides...

just increase the volume... and prepare to damage a little bit of my hearing... :D

You'd be better with canal phones on the bus. Less phone better sound. Also you won't be annoying everyone else on the bus. The PX100's are pretty leaky.

• Advertisement

i'm not too worry coz i only travel half an hour a day on the bus. so not really bothered to have a "quiet" listening environment. therefore no chance to annoy people leaking my PX100 with outrageous volume level. cheers! :D

mart_max wrote:
    i'm not too worry coz i only travel half an hour a day on the bus. so not really bothered to have a "quiet" listening environment. therefore no chance to annoy people leaking my PX100 with outrageous volume level. cheers! :D

Enjoy while you can still hear ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

my mx550's just went belly up and i cant find the reciept - only 3/4 months old. i need a new pair and dont want to spent more the 40/50 any suggestions?

has anyone else used the 550s, i found them a bit trebley but accordign to stuff the are the best earphones around without spending ridiculous amounts.

Call_me_al wrote:
    my mx550's just went belly up and i cant find the reciept - only 3/4 months old. i need a new pair and dont want to spent more the 40/50 any suggestions?

has anyone else used the 550s, i found them a bit trebley but accordign to stuff the are the best earphones around without spending ridiculous amounts.

Thats why I didn't like the 550's either. The 500 I feel are much better. You can still get them in the shops, Argos, Peats, Xtravision etc. AFAIK the 400's are the same without the volume slider thats on the 500. I find the volume slider handy as you turn down the music without unlocking the player in your pocket.

maybe its the 500's i have, mmm, there is a slider and they're balck which one's are they?

Al, I'd seriously consider spending an extra E20 to get E2's, just try them, you wont regret it:)

Call_me_al wrote:
    maybe its the 500's i have, mmm, there is a slider and they're balck which one's are they?

The 550's. The 500's are a dark blue. of course theres white versions of both.

cormie wrote:
    Al, I'd seriously consider spending an extra E20 to get E2's, just try them, you wont regret it:)

Where can I get E2's for €45?

I don't know? oops.. I was talking to Al (cal me Al, so I called him al;)) when he said he would spend 50 on a pair.

Ah I thought you meant 20 more than the MX500's. (€25 +20) :D

• Advertisement

thats what i am thinking but having never used in ears, i am not sure? does that 70 inc shipping?

The in ear are different and it takes time to get used to them. They do sound better than ear buds once you get them to fit right. Not always an easy thing. Theres drawbacks to canal phones though. You hear noise from the cable rubbling, and from any bodily noisy you make, like drinking or eating, chewing gum, even walking. Also they block out all sound. So shouldn't be used when you need to hear stuff like traffic etc. (or in my case the phone at work). :eek:

70 delivered yep:)

Once you get the proper fit, you wont have them motion problems mentioned above. I recall the fontopias having similar problems but they are nowhere near as bad with the Shures, and well, I just tested there and the results were positive:) Yes, I suppose they aren't the safest things to use while cycling, turn them right down if you are:)

If you don't get a good fit you will have no bass and they'll sound tinny and thin. But I don't see how the fit will effect your hearing the vibrations of your own body. Thats a side product of all IEM's. Usually worse with ones that go further in as opposed to the Sony's which don't go in that far. Stick your fingers in your ears and eat a biscuit. Why would sticking your fingers in further help? Likewise turning them down isn't going to help that much. You still have earplugs in which pretty much kill most external sounds. Maybe I'm wrong though. That my experience with them anyhow. I find them great when travelling on plane/bus etc or at night time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Cormie, thanks for posting the information for earphonesolutions, I've mailed them asking them to beat your deal for me!

I had recently a pair of Etymotics ERP4 Micro Pros, and I sent them back as they were entirely uncomfortable to wear, I'm well used to in-ear canal headphones having used Sony's for years, my current set are good though, Sony MDR-NX1 imported from Hong Kong.

If I can get a deal with earphonesolutions I'll give them a try!!

Thanks
    Howard

Microsonics thats the word I was looking for. Some of you might be intersted in this thread about the Sennheiser CX 300's.

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=162721

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hey all,

Could anyone tell me is there a difference between the shure e3c and e3g earbuds?? I know the c stands for consumer and the g for gaming, but is there any difference in the sound between the two??

Hi,
    I think I read on here before that there is no difference besides the look of them. I think they are just using the G to attract gamers as Shure have generally been associated with music before.

I have the E4G's and can confirm that there is NO difference between the c's and g's. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Cheers lads!!

Advertisement