Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFOLOGY Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Saruman wrote:
    Also there is not just one or two different type of craft seen.. there are hundreds of completely different descriptions. So are there hundreds of Alien races up there having a laugh making stupid humans point at the sky?

I agree that a lot are undoubtedly top secret aircraft, or other misinterpretations, but my point is that you shouldn't rule out extraterrestrial or other intelligence (ultraterrestrials etc) being behind some cases. Some cases are just too inexplicable.
    Saruman wrote:
    Why then would such an advanced race with technology so far beyond our comprehension of the universe let alone our technological level come here and do nothing more than buz around making light shows and supposedly abduct drunks and loners only to drop them back with no physical sign of ever being abducted?

That's the big question. All we can do is hypothesise based on alleged contactee accounts. An interest in genetic material could indicate we are their experiment (as in The Gods of Eden book), or we are an interesting strain of life etc. Who knows? Not only drunks and loners have been abducted, and there have been physical signs (implants, radiation burns, surgical marks) found after abductions. Initially, alien abduction sounds ridiculous, but the more you read on it, the more there seems to be some phenomenon behind it. My main gripe with it, is that in many cases hypnosis is needed to 'recover' the memories during missing-time. Unfortunately, accepting the problems with this method, it may be the only method we have available at the moment until our neurological sciences evolve.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Well unless im not hearing the right abduction stories.. they all have one thing in common... They were happy in their bed when they woke up and felt a presence in the room and they could not move and then so on so forth... this is sleep paralysis.. completely normal. You can wake up slightly but you are still in a state of sleep and so are dreaming. You cant move so your dream brings out all kinds of strange images. Centuries ago it was the devil or demons etc... now its Aliens.
    As for implants.. any Alien docs I have seen where they did find something it was just shrapnel of some kind. No material that cant be found on earth.

I cant say there are NO aliens and thats fact.... all i can say is im pretty sure that most if not all sightings are non Alien in nature.
    You could be right.. maybe we are some experiment from another race and they account for some of these sightings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Saruman wrote:
    Well unless im not hearing the right abduction stories.. they all have one thing in common... They were happy in their bed when they woke up and felt a presence in the room and they could not move and then so on so forth... this is sleep paralysis.. completely normal. You can wake up slightly but you are still in a state of sleep and so are dreaming. You cant move so your dream brings out all kinds of strange images. Centuries ago it was the devil or demons etc... now its Aliens.

There are hundreds of abduction cases that dont centre around the victim being in bed, numerous cases have been of people walking home or in their car, i know sleep paralysis can be used as a answer for a lot of cases, but not all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

pretty slick but could be easily explained or maybe not!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I found it fun to watch but whats this easy explaination Ziycon?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Very good, I remember this guy was mentioned before, he was going to be summoning some UFOs over las vegas, I wondered what happened to him. I'm kinda dissapointed the news crew didn't bring out a better telephoto lens and maybe a tripod.

6th wrote:
    I found it fun to watch but whats this easy explaination Ziycon?
    I would say the easy explanation he is talking about is if you wait long enough (praying) anywhere where any form of aircraft fly then you can turn any reflection off an aircraft or even.. yes a baloon into a UFO. I doubt anyone else in the area who saw it thought it was a UFO as they were not expecting some nut to summon them.

Lets remember here that he summons them by praying to God using Gods real name from the original hebrew bible. To me Aliens and God do not go hand in hand.

Saruman wrote:
    I would say the easy explanation he is talking about is if you wait long enough (praying) anywhere where any form of aircraft fly then you can turn any reflection off an aircraft or even.. yes a baloon into a UFO.

Oh come on!? At least can someone give a good explanation?

I'm not saying these things are alien but they are UFO, he didnt pick the place, day or time. We can all watch that clip and see how it moves, reflection of an aircraft is a lame and very lazy "explaination", if you can even call it one.
    Saruman wrote:
    Lets remember here that he summons them by praying to God using Gods real name from the original hebrew bible. To me Aliens and God do not go hand in hand.

Well its nice to keep as narrow a view of these things as possible isnt it?

maybe it isnt an alien spaceship, maybe this guy is subconsciously creating a ball or energy by focusing? There are lots of possibilities if you stretch it a bit but dismissing it in the way you have does nothing for your arguement.

6th wrote:
    We can all watch that clip and see how it moves, reflection of an aircraft is a lame and very lazy "explaination", if you can even call it one.
    Yes i saw how it moved... it moved in pretty much a straight line until later it appeared again from the clouds coming in their direction. There was no movement, no impossible changes of direction. All i saw was a white/orange ball of light be it reflected or other being captured by a very camera not on a tripod and shaking all over the place.

Well its nice to keep as narrow a view of these things as possible isnt it?

maybe it isnt an alien spaceship, maybe this guy is subconsciously creating a ball or energy by focusing? There are lots of possibilities if you stretch it a bit but dismissing it in the way you have does nothing for your arguement.
    point taken. I would not rule out someone being able to project some form of energy. After all we have not even begun to experience what the human mind can do.

Oh and that website ebaumsworld is a humour site.. its all about jokes. They pay you to submit clips like this! So a nut claiming to pray to God and make ufo's appear would be a pretty funny clip. I found it ammusing.

• Advertisement

Maybe the report doesnt give an accurate idea of how long they stood there but if it was only for a couple of minutes before the light appeared then i remain impressed. Sure it could be a reflection from a plane and if it is then i'm just as impressed by the coincidence. From what little digging i've done this guy claims to be able to do it pretty much whenever, where ever.

I'll repeat again that he didnt pick the time, day or location. I'd fine it easier to write off if someone suggested it was a purpose hoax and the News staion was in on it - doesnt seem to be the case though.

Like i said it may not be aliens (i personally dont believe it is) but it is unexplainable with what information we have - making it a UFO.

it could be ball lighting as very little is still known about it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_lightning but then again it could be ET in origin, im very open minded when it comes to vague sightings like these ones. Its very far away, its a very light color so could be a trick in the eye.
    But i honestly dont know what it was! :D

Actually from doing a google on the guy there are a LOT of people on other messageboards (yes they do exist :D) that at first were convinced by this guy but now think he is a fraud. For the simple fact his own website is pure commercial and charges rediculous prices for everything.
    He claims to be a prophet... most prophets in history have given the message for free :D

On another note... http://www.googlesightseeing.com/2005/05/12/ufo/
    Google maps shows unexplained silver/chrome spheres on a few locations
    One explanation is aliens of course :D
    Although people have conceded on the site that most of these are seen near airstrips/airports where weather balloons are let off.

Oh and that guy who does the UFO summons.... has a LOT of experience with weather balloons... only saying what i have seen on other sites regarding him.

my puter is a bit knackered so I didn't get a very good image of the whole thing, was wondering how it appeaered to you folks.
    For what it's worth I don't have much time for people calling themselves prophets but I was interested to see the "evidence".

There are other videos from other news networks where he claimed he would summon ufo's and nothing happened. I did think maybe balloons at first (it's hard to tell from what I've seen by the way it moves and the distance) but if it were as easy as sending up some balloons, I wondered where were they in the other news clips when nothing happened.

was curious to hear others opinions.

There was no movement, no impossible changes of direction.
    according to the reporter (who was initially scpetical) it was moving "very fast", also at one point it clearly goes behind a cloud (with a football pitch spotlight pole as apoint of reference to speed and distance) and does a u turn back towards them, or at least thats the impression I got from listening and for what I could observe.

[edit]oh yea, and apparantly there was more than one of them, one appeared before the other.

I just realised that it's a pretty old clip, towards the end they mention the the las vegas incident which was mentioned here about a year ago I think (actually solas was it you who brought him up before too ?).

The video encoding is pretty poor, as is the camera work, making it pretty hard to make out any detail on the object, and tbh most of it's movement appears to be camera shake. The movement of it near the cloud looks to be about what I'd expect from a balloon caught in the turbulent air created by clouds. Then again it really is impossible to say anything definite one way or the other.

actually solas was it you who brought him up before too ?)
    don't think so, I remember hearing of him before though.

Found the original thread here

yea, I remember now. Never got to see the original footage, think you have to be registered at coast to coast or I couldnt dl it at the time.
    bluedog wrote:
    Ok, well then it looks like he can summon weather balloons on demand. That's still pretty amazing

:D

Yeah i loved that line too, you beat me to the quote though ;)

• Advertisement

6th lol, three times I attempted to scroll down the page and three times I opened up 6th sensitive. (where's the shaky fist smiley)

stevenmu wrote:
    I just realised that it's a pretty old clip, towards the end they mention the the las vegas incident which was mentioned here about a year ago I think (actually solas was it you who brought him up before too ?).

I'm a little skeptical about Prophet Yahweh, he was on coast to coast after the incident and promised a fleet of UFOs and a mothership over Las Vegas... but it never happened.

Ok as i've said before UFOs aint my thing but thought i'd pop this up:
    When I saw it a chill went down my back and everyone I've told says I should inform the Ministry of Defence. I know it's a UFO and I'm wondering if anyone else saw the same thing.

Full Story

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

I saw a UFO last night!, about half 11 I was getting out of my car and for some reason I looked up and seen at first what i thought to be a low plane..after a couple of seonds I realised it wasnt a plane as it had not go flashing lights and was moving too slow to be a plane. It was a perfect sphere which appeared to be giving off a silver light..it moved very slowy over my head from the south west headin towards the north east..it was at about cloud level and did not change shape, speed or colour just a continous silver sphere in the sky..:confused:

SaxoDuff wrote:
    I saw a UFO last night!, about half 11 I was getting out of my car and for some reason I looked up and seen at first what i thought to be a low plane..after a couple of seonds I realised it wasnt a plane as it had not go flashing lights and was moving too slow to be a plane. It was a perfect sphere which appeared to be giving off a silver light..it moved very slowy over my head from the south west headin towards the north east..it was at about cloud level and did not change shape, speed or colour just a continous silver sphere in the sky..:confused:

Where about did you see it? What was the weather like?

I seen it just over my house, out in the country, it was a clear night with a few clouds...

Did it change direction at any time?The fact that it didn't change speed makes me skeptical. This could be a balloon..?

Do UFO have to change speed?

No, it didnt change speed but i watched it for several minutes and it definatly was not a baloon, it moved at a steady speed and it was shaped like a perfect sphere..

• Advertisement

6th wrote:
    Do UFO have to change speed?

No, but a silver object moving at cloud level at a set speed and direction could just have been a weather balloon. If it changed speed, direction or altitude it would be a lot less likely to be such an object.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_balloon

Advertisement