Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 5 Indie bands in ireland???

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

pariko wrote: »
    Wrong. Out On a Limb are from Limerick

Sorta debatable, that. One of the lads who runs/ran it is in Cork now.

I saw Hooray For Humans in Quad on Friday night. Great gig. It was the perfect post-Stereolab gig. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

Sorta debatable, that. One of the lads who runs/ran it is in Cork now.

I saw Hooray For Humans in Quad on Friday night. Great gig. It was the perfect post-Stereolab gig. :)

if there's a problem I'll f**k ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 R.F.R

OK im gonna nominate my own band "Rifle Fire Rifle"!

Technically we dont live in ireland anymore because we moved to the UK!

Here's our new video for our track "the doppler effect",

This is not Indie Rock, This is Rifle Rock!!!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cfR9ckZuxKM

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bigjigwig77

Don't mean to be a dick or anything but if you want to become a "GREAT" 21st century indie band, you'll need to get your teeth bleached and your bass player needs a new haircut.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

Not really an indie list but I'm guessing the term is being used to describe anything that's not played on the radio (or just phantom fm).

God is an Astronaut - Best Irish band around at the moment IMO. I've seen them live 5 times. Here's hoping they come to Australia when they're finished touring europe and america.

Republic of Loose - Just plain good.

Director - Don't care who hates them. I think they're brilliant. Saw them supporting Faithless and Kasabian a few years ago. If I wasn't so drunk at the time I would have enjoyed them I'm sure.

Neosupervital - Haven't seen a mention of him yet. Very surprising. Technically it's only one guy not a band though.

**** I was about to say Hot Chip but it turns out they're English. I always thought they were Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

From previous experiences:
    Bellx1
    Republic of Loose
    Director

From what I've seen in the past week:
    Dark Room Notes
    Walter Mitty and The Realists
    The Demise

I really have to start going to more gigs...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement