Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the most annoying ads on TV?!...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Aava

I hate those pretentious car ads that all use the same theme, something like "you could love it too much".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I HATE ALL VODAFONE ADS!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: And ringtone ads., especially when there's like 4 on in one break. FFS!! Who would actually buy from an ad. that sports their wears as sounding like a freakin' fisher-price toy?

I love the Finches ones though. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

My new personal champion for most annoying ad....

Scene : Woman sitting in in the bath when suddenly the walls pull back and this all-singing, all-dancing musical troupe start singing 'Blah, blah, blah ....Your G-string is driving you mad'

Hope this helps identify it for you. I can't describe anything else about it as from the very first time I've seen it I've changed channel almost immediately.

As such I still don't even know what the ad is for (and no, please don't feel it your duty to tell me either as I really don't want to find out).

So finally, proof if there ever was to those smug ad exec's that deliberately making an ad 100% annoying in order to plant it into public conciousness won't automatically yield success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

I've got another one.

The one where people are singing in the shower or the bath. "I am what I Am", f**kin' drives me nuts, I hate them all.

The IOS ad with Laura Bermingham is absolute garbage as well. I think it's her that annoys me. Her weekly article is such sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

BolBill wrote:
    I've got another one.

The one where people are singing in the shower or the bath. "I am what I Am", f**kin' drives me nuts, I hate them all.

The IOS ad with Laura Bermingham is absolute garbage as well. I think it's her that annoys me. Her weekly article is such sh*te.

Oh those "I am what I am" morons. How could I forget them? :confused: horrors of it all.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

The diet coke ad, where the pyscho deliberately falls down the stairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

That ad with the two buckets - one, a blue plastic bucket that we see going through many situations over time, the other a bucket of chicken wings. The idea of the ad is that some buckets (i.e. those of this company) are loved more than others but it's illogical as we are shown a far longer stretch of the existence of the blue bucket and we see all the ways in which it has served its owners. The chicken bucket, on the other hand, we only see in its brief moment of glory as people eat out of it and if the ad were to follow its existence for a longer span of time, it would more than likely end up in a bin.

Who on earth would eat food out of a bucket anyway! How pig-like! And especially fast food like this that is most likely of poor nutritional value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Pigman II wrote:
    He probably annoyed me at the time but I must admit I miss the Dell Dude.

You know why he is off the air? He got caught buying weed in the village in New York, it was all over the papers in New York

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

anything with michael winner in it "it's ok dear, i'm really avery good driver". Twat! if i ever see him on the street i1ll kick him to death, and all those bloody kinder ones aswell :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

simu wrote:
    Who on earth would eat food out of a bucket anyway! How pig-like! And especially fast food like this that is most likely of poor nutritional value.
    Me thinks the Colenel's big bucket o' chow is marketed at the kind of Chavs that drive around in souped up Starlets and the like. For them, it's probably posh to have a bucket of food.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You know why he is off the air? He got caught buying weed in the village in New York, it was all over the papers in New York

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/delldude.asp tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭whatalanger

abccormac wrote:
    anything with michael winner in it "it's ok dear, i'm really avery good driver". Twat! if i ever see him on the street i1ll kick him to death, and all those bloody kinder ones aswell :mad: :mad: :mad:

calm down dear, it's only a commercial

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Those Bulmers ads are getting really annoying. I think it's Jerry Fish doing the voiceover. Hate that smug voice of his. "I'm so damn cool" it seems to say. And all those prats sitting outside in the sun drinking their pints. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

the latest addition to my enemies list is....

Thompsonfly.co.uk weather guy! "Cummulus, more cummulus....you just missed a patch of auto-strattus!"

YOU FOOL!! :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

The Barry's Tea advert, where the coach makes yer man captain of the football team.

Why are so many adverts based around football, I love the game, but hate seeing in adverts. There was a super milk ad featuring football, countless bank and building societies have done it too. F**k off !

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Astro1996

The Crazy Frog ringtone ad, just made my list as THE most annoying ad EVER!.... :mad: .......now, where is my blender..... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Frank Drebin

What about that ad with the bloke ice skating by himself in a competition while is partner's having a cuppa?

It sucks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

That bloody Bank of Ireland ad. 'You should take yer hard earned money... get it workin for ya girl.. get it working...'. Yeah, get working the curbs of leason street fast, heats shoving your first up some cow's arse... right? Well no errh... actually...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I have hardly watched tv over the past 2 months. I'm beginning to miss the crap ads.

Not the ringtone ones though.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

you know the ad for A.I.B. "when you start making, we do too"
    the part with the young one that wants "braces"-
    "train tracks are ching-ching, a bit`o`cash you know what i mean" :mad:
    Is it just me r does anyone else feel like tearing her head off with a spoon on hearing that ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

I actually thought that ad was quite clever. Much better than "The Real World of Coca-Cola".

I also hate the fact that there are so many ads for things whose sole reason for existence is to be smeared with human faeces: toilet paper, toilet wipes ("I can do it too, with Kandoo!" - shut up, you freak) and nappies. Does anyone really choose specific brand of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ok god i have my tv on and that cilit bang ad is on right now... grrr. 'Look at how it gets this old penny... good as new!!!' Yeah... except that you've just put a 5 euro cent coin in there, now a penny... eejit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Aava

Never mind that, have you seen the JAW on that woman?? :eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Irish/UK FTV/Italian TV

lifestyle ads - where the ad has nothing to do with the product but portrays an lifestyle you would like to lead and they hope you link it to the ad
    eg: that aib with yer man waiting at the cinema , tampon ads featuring skydiving etc. many car ads

ads asking you to ring a premium rate number esp. ringtones / fortune telling
    ads for cars
    ads for mobile phones or stuff related to
    ads for broadband
    "CCJ" / (re)finance ads - legal loansharking or trying to get thier hands on your mortgague (I include second hand cars in this 'cos they aren't selling cars just trying to get you on to 20% APR's)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I quite like the coke ad with the stunt woman, though I initially thought it was a public information ad. "Don't drink and use stairs" or something.

The ads that bug me most are the ones for razors for men. I like to think execs seriously underestimate men's intelligence. They seem to do some sort of free association thing, and then just shove it in the ad.

"So.. what do men like?"
    "To feel.... manly?"
    "Okay, and what are manly things?"
    "Women!"
    "Alright, we'll throw a few of those in. Stroking his jaw, I suppose. Anything else?"
    "Fighter planes!"
    "Race cars!"

Later that day...

Man: "Good lord! That man shaved with that razor, and now he has women, and fighter jets, and a race car! Get me a Mach 3 dammit!"

a fair point; but it is one hell of an improvement on Andrey Agassi`s big smiley face with his head covered in shavin` gel floggin wilkinson sword`s goodies. he looked something like this; :D (with gel on his head)

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Frank Drebin

Have you noticed how razors started with 1 blade years ago, went onto two blades, then three, and now you get a fecking razor with four blades. When is it going to stop? And to top it off; the blades cost more than the razor.

Wait a minute! This could make a good thread all on its' own....

i`ve got the m3 power, the one with the little motor in it. it`s class cause it vibrates, so you can race it against your mates and i hear the women have a use for it too. its like a multi-use tool. You can also use it to shave but its useless unless you keep the vibration off :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I used to work in a chemist, and I found it endlessly amusing that people would buy a blue mach 3 quicker than the silver one, even though the silver one was on special offer, and thus substantially cheaper. Hm... maybe those execs are on to something after all...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Well the blue one can shave in both directions.

Who shaves backwards I want to know?

Advertisement