Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the most annoying ads on TV?!...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Them feckin Ring tone adds on MTV. Theyre on every few minutes!! and those Cadburys adds with the sheep in em. Soo weird!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Any ad that attempts to spread the cult of Feminie men. There are a few of them but Nivea seem to produce more than most. Any ad with a man chiding his girlfriend for her Cucumber face mask coz he has a better moisturiser needs to be banned. Plus that muck where that twat, topless of course, is rolling around the bed with his child all laughs and smiles. Makes me want to puke!
    Damn right :) And what about the ad for Head and Shoulders where some stupid git talks about his girlfriend wearing his boxers and stealing his "rubber ducky" but she doesn't dare touch his bottle of H+S 'cause "some things are just made for a man" :mad: AAARRGH I cannot stand that ad.

Just as bad are the ads which feature some total nerd of a guy making an eejit of himself. Like the current ad for Bank of Ireland where a fella with terrible teeth thinks that his female work colleague is after him because she gives him a lift home from work. Then there's the AIB ad which is only shown at Christmas which features a geek at a party trying to kiss a girl under a mistletoe.

BrianD3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Aava

That "virtual butter" tosser. That ad is so old now, how many times do they need to show it? And as if you'd ditch a hot date because they don't use real butter. What a twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

Aava wrote:
    That "virtual butter" tosser. That ad is so old now, how many times do they need to show it? And as if you'd ditch a hot date because they don't use real butter. What a twat.

He was a tosser in Eastenders as well... :mad:

BrianD3 wrote:
    Damn right :) And what about the ad for Head and Shoulders where some stupid git talks about his girlfriend wearing his boxers and stealing his "rubber ducky" but she doesn't dare touch his bottle of H+S 'cause "some things are just made for a man" :mad: AAARRGH I cannot stand that ad.

Just as bad are the ads which feature some total nerd of a guy making an eejit of himself. Like the current ad for Bank of Ireland where a fella with terrible teeth thinks that his female work colleague is after him because she gives him a lift home from work. Then there's the AIB ad which is only shown at Christmas which features a geek at a party trying to kiss a girl under a mistletoe.

BrianD3

That Head n Shoulders ad reminds me of ALL SPECIAL K ADS!!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Morgans

Its not the most annoying ad, that award, for me, goes to "When is a big number exactly the same as a little number?" 97 doesnt equal 3! but the irish butter ads do piss me off.

Invited me home for some virtual reality games - which games are these??

It was so hard to find a flatmate that I got two - hah??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Aava wrote:

Yeah, what a love machine! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

That stoopid Sprite advert with the little plastic dolly guy wetting himself and crying because the black guy has a Sprite machine in his kitchen.

"Can a brother get a minute?"

AAAAAAAAAGHHH!! :eek:

I thought the advertiser people responsible in RTE had gotten bored with it... but OH NOOO! They want to put lil ole Kermy in the looney bin... so they started showing it again! GRRR!
    /me wants to rip the head off fluffy animals :mad:
    (that stupid plastic dolly thing will do though) ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Yeah the Head and Shoulders ad. When he says "but theres something I won't let her touch" , yeah your cock !!!!!

BolBill wrote:
    Yeah the Head and Shoulders ad. When he says "but theres something I won't let her touch" , yeah your cock !!!!!

LOL!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Aava wrote:
    Almost as bad as the 'Who's taking the horse to France' butter ads, gah! 'Ah Kerrie Golde, you 'ave zis in Irelande doo?' SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Ardent

jor el wrote:
    Almost as bad as the 'Who's taking the horse to France' butter ads, gah! 'Ah Kerrie Golde, you 'ave zis in Irelande doo?' SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!

Did anyone get that ad? Coz I sure as hell didn't. Did I miss a couple of other "episodes"?

Ardent wrote:
    Did anyone get that ad? Coz I sure as hell didn't. Did I miss a couple of other "episodes"?

Get them?????, you're trying too hard mate. Just try and let them go. :p

The fact they still show "Ms.Kennedy, Can I borrow some Kerrygold" (and ride you) really pisses me off. Plus The girl is probably a granny by now!!!!!! :rolleyes:

There was also one where an Irish girl was working as an Au-pair in a French family, or something like that. She was feeling homesick until they took out the Kerrygold at dinner, then she said something which was probably 'Ah Kerrygold, you have this in France too?', only she said it in French I think. That was around the same time as the horse one. The one in the school is really chringe-worthy though, and why they've started showing it again after 15 years is beyond me?

What's the connection they have with France though? Just seems weird and stupid to me. It's Kerrygold, not Bordeuxgold :/

There was nothing to get with them though. I think they might have been trying to make story-board ads like the coffee one that yer man off Buffy did in the 80's, but it just didn't seem to pan out. They all had a Ballykissangel style about them though, which is really sad for Ballyk if it's actually based on these (I think Ballyk is shoite by the way).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

The RTE TV licence ad where the mother takes away her 45-year-old son's dinner out of shock that he is going to appear in court over non-payment of his licence. That'll teach him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

jor el wrote:
    There was also one where an Irish girl was working as an Au-pair in a French family, or something like that. She was feeling homesick until they took out the Kerrygold at dinner, then she said something which was probably 'Ah Kerrygold, you have this in France too?', only she said it in French I think. That was around the same time as the horse one. The one in the school is really chringe-worthy though, and why they've started showing it again after 15 years is beyond me?

Yes that ad was a really dismal piece of crap.

The one I'd like to see is the one where the Au Pair is on her own with the father of the French family and the Kerrygold comes out, "c'est le lubrifiant formidable Irlandaise" :D (pork99, you sad sad sad little man)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭frantic_mel

1. I hate that Coca Cola ad where she's walking and singing while handing out already opened bottles of coke from her bag. The song is " I wish i could share all the la la la la"

2. The banking one with the black guy wearing glasses on the sailing ship in the city. It starts off "We are saving....We are saving....na na na nah"

3. Sightsavers international - not the concept, but the song is so slow, its the amazing grace one that goes on forever.

pork99 wrote:
    Yes that ad was a really dismal piece of crap.

The one I'd like to see is the one where the Au Pair is on her own with the father of the French family and the Kerrygold comes out, "c'est le lubrifiant formidable Irlandaise" :D (pork99, you sad sad sad little man)

And the one where "Andre" comes in from working on the fields and asks the woman does she need help in the kitchen and she says "you can put a bit of butter on the spuds Andre" puke puke.

Butter is getting an awful "basting" on this thread (sorry!!).

Does anyone remember a washing powder ad from years ago where this kid comes in and sees his lunch is in the wash with his training gear and yells "oh no my sandwiches" and then his father comes out and is like "to perform like Linford you've got to think like Linford - P.M.A" "PMA?" "Positive Mental Attitude!!" oh cringe-tastic...

Also, all "euro pudding" ads ie for Mentos and Kinder. Especially the one with the Hippo..."flat snacks?!".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭frantic_mel

The Singing Coca Cola Woman!!!!

well said

D&#233 wrote: »
    Does anyone remember a washing powder ad from years ago where this kid comes in and sees his lunch is in the wash with his training gear and yells "oh no my sandwiches" and then his father comes out and is like "to perform like Linford you've got to think like Linford - P.M.A" "PMA?" "Positive Mental Attitude!!" oh cringe-tastic...

I so wanted to punch his feckin' head off !!!!! :p:p

• Advertisement

pork99 wrote:
    /me shakes head and sighs. But I laughed anyway. Shades of Last Tango in Paris about the whole butter and France thing maybe? Perhaps there was a connection after all!

I remember the PMA ad too, didn't remember the story just the PMA thing sticking out and the reference to Linford. Bit ridiculous really, but that's what we've come to expect from advertisements.

Every night I see more and more ads that drive me mad (think I should just stick to watching BBC all the time...). the latest one is the Gold Blend ad where the guy puts the ring in the "home made fortune cookie". The ad in itself is mildly irritating but the floppy haired prat who pouts and says "I haven't got one" is EXTREMELY irritating.

Oh the things I have to worry about :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Not sure if this is already somewhere in this post but I hate the kinder ads - ye know the one's that are obviously recorded in German or Dutch and then they are dubbed into English... come on, do they really think they're getting away with it?? Its so annoying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

jor el wrote:
    Shades of Last Tango in Paris about the whole butter and France thing maybe? Perhaps there was a connection after all!

There's also that creepy lecher guy it the "virtual butter" ad, maybe a theme is emerging?

"We played some virtual reality games" but then they stop to make toast (yeah, sure) and he notices she's using "virtual butter" which evidently makes him go droopy. Butter fetishist?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Highlander

The Tea ad, not sure if it's Barry's or Lyon's, with the footballer being called up the managers house and is worried about being dropped, the daughter answers the door and says "dad is in the kitchen" and gives him this dreamy look like she want's to shag the pants off him and then he's told he's being made team captain!!!

Highlander wrote:
    The Tea ad, not sure if it's Barry's or Lyon's, with the footballer being called up the managers house and is worried about being dropped, the daughter answers the door and says "dad is in the kitchen" and gives him this dreamy look like she want's to shag the pants off him and then he's told he's being made team captain!!!

That's a new one, but Barry's Tea ads are always woeful.

jor el wrote:
    /me shakes head and sighs. But I laughed anyway. Shades of Last Tango in Paris about the whole butter and France thing maybe? Perhaps there was a connection after all!

I remember the PMA ad too, didn't remember the story just the PMA thing sticking out and the reference to Linford. Bit ridiculous really, but that's what we've come to expect from advertisements.

Yeah I think he says "you'll never be like Linford", What? Have a big dick and take drugs? :p

The following sh1te ad will only be on for the next 2 days so you'll probably be lucky enough to miss it. It's the Ireland on Sunday ad advertising their free copy of Angela's Ashes and Laura Bermingham is reading it while she's getting glammed up to go out for the evening. I mean, WTF? It's such a STUPID ad :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

those baxtard yop ads aaaarrrrrggggggg :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

i hate that finches orange drink ad, where the girl is talking about how "it wont work" and it keeps showing the chair, with an old man, a dog, and then the drink. then at the end shes on the floor with the empty bottle, like she just had sex with it or something!!

Advertisement